• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite generation of starters?

Which generation of starters is your favourite?

• Gen 1

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Gen 2

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Gen 5

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    To be honest, it would have to be a cross between gen. II and gen. V. I love all three starters in both gens. and their final evolutions, and I love their designs, too. Gen. III is somewhat close but I'm not a big fan of Torchic's evos. too much. It also took me a while to like Squirtle in gen. I whereas I fell in love with all the starters in gens. II and V almost immediately.

I'm with Zeffy on the nostalgia thing. I ~LOVE~ gen. V and its starters and it'll stay that way for a long while!

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    I personally think that all starters are completely overrated.

Since you want me to give an actual answer, though... I would have to say Generation One. I just loved Squirtle and Charmander - who could beat those?!

Years
    GI or GII, after that I never really liked them, and even sometimes removed them from my squad entirely.

Years
    I can't decide!! :D

Gen 1: Adore Charizard with a burning passion, as for the other lines, I like Wartortle and Ivysaur slightly

Gen 2: Love Typhlosion's line, Chikorita's is okay and I like Totodile and Feraligatr

Gen 3: Treecko's line rules, I like Torchic, can't stand the Mudkip line

Gen 4: Piplup's line's my favourite, I'm in the middle with Turtwig's and I can't stand Chimchar's at all

Gen 5: Love Snivy and Samurott, not overly fond of Tepig and its evolutions

Hmm... I was hoping if I laid it all out like that it would help, but it doesn't lol :D

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I have to give this one to Generation II. None of them were weird. Well neither were the Generation I ones, but I'm sure they get enough love as it is for being from Generation I lol.

I don't really care for the Generation V starters, but I haven't played the game yet.

Aurora01

Goodbye
    Years
    It's a close tie between Gen I and Gen II.
    Gen I because it was first, obviously and because Blastoise is so cool. :3
    Gen II because it's my favorite Generation and Typhlosion is the best.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I like the versatility of the starters in generation four. The fact that they all had unique traits and aesthetics made them all seem like three excellent starters. The other generations had this idea but none were implemented as well as generation four. Furthermore, their battling prowess was.. Amazing. No other generation of starters, in my opinion, were as good for all around battling in the games as the generation four starters.

Years
    I really love them all, except gen 4, where my favourite one is piplup which is ok. the other two are boring.
    as for my favourite chain of starters, it's probably gen 2 with gen 1 & 5 closely behind. chikorita, cyndaquil and totodile are all really cool starters, and I find it even more difficult to choose which one is my favourite. :(

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Gen III.
    Ha! You thought I was gonna pick Gen. 5, but you were wrong! I'm so awesome because 3rd Gen is!

Treecko is awesome
    Torchic is awesome
    Mudkip is awesome
    but Mijumaru is the best

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Second gen no doubt. I can't really come up with an actual reason, it's just because they're what I started with in my first pokemon playthrough.

Years
    Gaaah, that's a toughie... Both Gen II and III starters were awesome. Dx I think I'll go with Gen III though, since I really love all three of the starters, but with Gen II, I easily overlook Cyndaquil. =/

Oshige

My life is just a dream
    Years
    i wouldn't be able to pick just one so i would just have to say all the watter starters those are my favorite ones i love watter pokemon.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Gen I is my favorite generation of starters, because I grew up with it ever since I was around 7 years old (and aside from nostalgia factor, charizard and blastoise owns all. venusaur isn't as cool as those two but still awesome), though Gen II and III comes close for favorites.

Back