• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite genre of music?

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Hmm, it usually depends if it's a good song or not...

I'd say -
    alternative rock
    80's pop
    90's pop
    alternative pop
    some rock from the 70s
    and videogame music
    and some r&b too like Milkshake, hiphop like Buffalo Stance

or just pop-music in general

It's tough to say with me. X_X if a song's good, it's good

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    rock, alternative, indie, emo, folk, new wave, no wave, post rock, shoegaze

electronic, ambient, idm, dubstep, house, trip-hop, techno

jazz

experimental/avantgarde, noise, free jazz

reggae, dub, funk, soul, afrobeat, world

classical, minimalism

I think that just about covers it. And no, I most certainly do not like everything.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I love R&B, Hip-Hop, Rap, Classic R&B, Classic Hip-Hop, Classic Rap, Pop, Pop Rock, New Wave, Techno, Dance, J-Pop, J-Rock, J-Hip-Hop/Rap, J-R&B, Soul, Neo Soul, Reggae, Funk, Gospel, Jazz, etc...

Mostly now of these days I am into the classic stuff (from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, early 2000s) other than what we got now(2008).The only thing I been listen to recently is mostly Japanese music. Sometimes I will listen to some Rock too. Like Stone Temple Pilots, Peal Jam, Soundgarden, Green Day, or Alice and Chains. But that is back in the mid 90s. I don't listen the new Rock now. It is blah...

So yeah...those are my favorite genres. Hehe, I am such a music lover. XD

Last edited:

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    I tend to gravitate toward classical and instrumental music, but I like many other kinds of music as well.... I suppose I'd choose classical. I do find songs without lyrics more a draw-in than songs with lyrics as it's easier for me to be immersed in songs without lyrics (and I also find they're less advertised) when I don't have to listen or discern what's being said. Nevertheless, I think music is an awesome, amicable, and deeply, emotionally powerful art medium. I also find it to be an excellent outlet.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Rock'n'Roll, (which my iPod sometimes calls Alternative) Pop, & when I'm tired Instrumental Classical ... The All American Rejects, The Beatles, Billy Talent, Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi, Crush 40, Eiffel 65, Green Day, Haddaway, Johhny Mandel, Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson, Megadeath, Michael Jackson, Nickelback, Queen, Rockwell, Weird Al. Yeah, they're some of the people I like ... MJ WAS FRAMED!!!!

Years
    Hm, toughie...

Something along the lines of soft-alternative? Like the Kooks. Ironically, Altern/Punk is a close second.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I'll listen to anything that isn't techno, jazz, screamo, hip-hop and rap. That includes country. ;P

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Mostly classic rock and its various variations. I'm mostly into Sixties and Seventies stuff...though there are usually songs from most any genre I like. I'm not a big heavy metal guy though. I'm more of a pop rock guy with stuff like The Beatles and The Who. R&B is also something I like.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I like various kinds of audios. Mostly Mild Rap and Power Metal *Makes inference to Dragon Force;D*

I also like some classic and jazz, but it depends on many complex factors of the alien mind... I mean, my mind.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    Is Eurobeat a genre? or was it made for Initial D... or is it just the name of an album.. Oh well. It's my favourite. Then 80's.. *80's FTW!!!!!*

~Sloth~

Bringing sXe back
    Years
    I like songs from pretty much every genre there is, but I prefer rock music, primarily indie and punk rock/emo (the new emo that includes bands that sound nothing like each other and thus isn't really a real genre - although I believe The Juliana Theory is considered "true" emo, and I like them so... that too).

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I don't have a favorite genre, actually. I'll enjoy any song with a good beat or message. (Only genre I dislike is country. <<)

Back