• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite graphic artists on PC?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    There's been some great graphic artists on PC throughout the years, some inspirational, and still are. So are there any graphic artists that you have admired on PC, past and/or present? Or any that stand out to be in your favourites?

For me, I've been really inspired to start doing graphics in the past by artists such as vVintage, Dukey, moments, Gummy, Color me evil, and one of my biggest influences; Pandamore. Only one of these guys is still posting their work on PC, but they're the ones that really got me into this world. I admire so many of the graphic artists on PC, some for different levels. Signomi was also a big influence for me when it came to C4D usage in tags, and I always liked how Derozio really dedicated himself to becoming a good graphics artist, and it's sure got him places, he's getting better every time I see him. Moments has such great atmosphere in his works, and his use of textures inspire me at times. Comic Tragedy has always dished out some killer tags in the past that I loved, I wish I could draw out some concepts and effects like he has done. Some other up and coming artists that I have really had my eye on too, include Alternative and Twilight Blade, they're certainly some diamonds in the rough. We have some great talent amongst us in G&P. There's too many to mention. But whenever I'm stuck for inspiration, I often look to artists on PC for that source.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • There's been some great graphic artists on PC throughout the years, some inspirational, and still are. So are there any graphic artists that you have admired on PC, past and/or present? Or any that stand out to be in your favourites?

For me, I've been really inspired to start doing graphics in the past by artists such as vVintage, Dukey, moments, Gummy, Color me evil, and one of my biggest influences; Pandamore. Only one of these guys is still posting their work on PC, but they're the ones that really got me into this world. I admire so many of the graphic artists on PC, some for different levels. Signomi was also a big influence for me when it came to C4D usage in tags, and I always liked how Derozio really dedicated himself to becoming a good graphics artist, and it's sure got him places, he's getting better every time I see him. Moments has such great atmosphere in his works, and his use of textures inspire me at times. Comic Tragedy has always dished out some killer tags in the past that I loved, I wish I could draw out some concepts and effects like he has done. Some other up and coming artists that I have really had my eye on too, include Alternative and Twilight Blade, they're certainly some diamonds in the rough. We have some great talent amongst us in G&P. There's too many to mention. But whenever I'm stuck for inspiration, I often look to artists on PC for that source.
    YOU'RE one of my favorite graphic artists, Abnegation!:)

moments.

quixotic
    Years

• Only one of these guys is still posting their work on PC
    Chyeah, THE COOLIEST! :D
    But thanks so much for the mentions! Means a lot! <3

There really isn't a place to start for this just because there really are that many artists that have influenced me / been amazing over my time doing graphics here. That whole old school collection of PC graphics greats all I think were my favourite at some point or another. The likes of Dukey, Gummy, Loki, Color Me Evil, Ezzo, vVintage, Pandamore, Josephine, Munna, Signomi, Tiny. While these guys and gals were around, I was only learning, but parts of this mob were my first actual friends here at PC, and they all had a different style which I loved parts of which is deserving on mentioning them all.
    The other day I even went through all old galleries in G&P, like ones really old and dusty and saw all these guys stuff again and was just hit with nostalgia and inspiration and stuff.

Derozio, don't know if you're even still out there, but you got a crazy work rate, and your colours are sublime. I was always jealous / inspired by your colour adjustments and stuff, so yeah!

As for currently, G&P has dropped off a bit, but there are two names that come to mind, partly because they were here with me back in the day.
    Gav, while I generally have stuck to tags and stuff, you've been a favourite to me because of your variety, not just your graphics. The fact that you do drawing, photography, graphics, pixel art, all these different fields is why I like your art as much as I do.

Comic Tragedy. What would I do without you man? Part of the old school greats, and a current day superstar. The only person I've actually done collabs with. There isn't a whole lot I can say about this magnificent fellow, other than, quite literally, if he wasn't here, I probably would've stopped doing graphics a while ago... I almost quit because all the artists I looked up to left, and the activity seriously dropped, so I went to look to pursue graphics elsewhere, or just quit, and then CT made another appearance. Now while you've been notorious for disappearing randomly for periods of time, you quite literally are the reason I'm here. So thanks man. Your tags are pretty good too. ;D

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    vVintage was definitely amazing, as was Color Me Evil. You've pretty much listed all the people I really looked to for inspiration, tips, and advice.

Oh, and munna, but he didn't post his works very often.

Other than that though, Tiny was really probably my #1 graphics artist idol. Everything Tiny made just looked SO put together it was incredible... I still have some of their renders, they really are fabulous. *A*;; I wish they'd been around a bit longer though....

.Mini

Graphics Artist
    Years
  • Hmmm, i don't know many of the graphics artists here on PC yet... Guess I should start lookin' then ;3.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hmmm, for tags, Aizuke and Signomi. As a whole they were pretty even-matched when it comes to tags imo and they were two of the best--actually, Loki is even with them too really. In general, moments also makes amazing graphics as well as Abnegation. I love other graphics artists too, but these ones really came to my mind first. lol don't have in-depth reasons :(

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Oh my gosh I totally blanked on Aizuke and Signomi!!
    Signomi really amazes me with her GFX, the way she flawlessly integrates her own art with her GFX. That's something I've never been able to manage with mine, so it's like HNNGGG TEACH ME THE WAYS.

Yeah I'm posting twice because.... because.

God, I love threads like this where I get to pay homage to the people (active or not) that have influenced me the most in getting into graphics and photography.

For organization's sake I'm going to split this into three simple categories; Beginning, Middle and Current:

NOTE: Of course people aren't stuck in any one category, I'm simply listing them where they most/first affected me as an artist.

Beginning:
    These old school graphics artists hold a special place in my heart because they influenced me and shaped me as an artist right off the bat. All of these people were who I looked up to most when I first started posting in the G&P section 4 years ago.

First, would be munna. This guy made graphics his own way, and didn't care what style of graphic art was 'cool' or 'trendy' at the time. He had some of the best galleries on PC. Loki (our favorite mod), was that friendly G&P poster who always had helpful CnC for aspiring artists and always made beautiful and original pieces of work. Sawyer was amazing. Just look at his gallery, nuff said. Shiranui made very clean, professional looking tags 4 years ago, and I really looked up to her and her art.

Middle:
    Guys'n'Gals who came a little bit later in my development, and I perceived different as a result.

Artists like Dukey, Color Me Evil, Renyui, Ezzo, vVintage, Tiny, Pandamore and Josephine.

Current:
    These are the current people who inspire and I adore artistically on PC.

moments. I love your art. I've said this before, and (unless you stop making stuff) I'll say it again: you have an amazing eye, and make pieces with better lighting effects and color than most people I see anywhere else. Gav Although you don't reaaally post stuff that often anymore, you continue to create inventive and original pieces of art. Good job.

Sorry I didn't write much for people in the middle. (sigh) I ran out of steam writing this post. Hahaha.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Even though I rarely do any GFX any more I still do have some favourites:

Derozio + Moments + Gav: Three of the few who I've seen can pull of stock tags/ works better than anyone I've seen through all the forums I go/been to. Something about their works always draws me into them, whether it's how the piece flows or nice fitting typography (Because I always failed at that) their works never failed to please.

To the ones where I really liked your style in some way: I have to say I really liked Ana's style on some of the tags she's made. Icon-wise per say would have to be Hiiro and Gav.
    Signomi cause she draws her own renders, probably because I'm phasing more into digital art now.

Other artists which I can't fail to mention:
    Alternative, Comic Tragedy, Loki, Raiden (Whose PC name I always fail to remember, always liked his work when he was back at PSN), Cycle/Trash (Who I don't think goes here the much any more), Galukxy (Gone sooo far, work improved so much!). Probably a heck more which are sitting at the back of my mind at the moment xD

Back