• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Gym Leader?

Favourite Gym Leader?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2012
    R/S/E : I choose Wallace, cause i like him a lot, and in FR/LG : I choose ... Me :D !

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    I personally chose Norman, because he's tough to beat without a fighting type, and his gym has some good challenging trainers. It's also cool that he's your dad (and that you get to beat him to a pulp.) ^^

Years
  • FRLG: Lt. Surge - I just rather liked him, thought he was very cool and such.

RSE: Wattson is the winner here because he just seemed like he is a cool guy.

I seem to have gone for all the Electric trainers...​

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The later Gym Leaders always seem to stay in my memory for longer than the earlier ones. Maybe it's because of the varied nature of their teams, or because they're often 'harder' to beat. Gen III is no real exception for this: Wallace in RSE and Giovanni in FRLG are my faves. I really like Water Pokemon, so Wallace already has a head-start, but I also really like his team (well, except for Luvdisc), and his presence in the games. Fighting Giovanni, on the other hand, is like fighting the 'Big Bad' of FRLG, so it's always satisfying when he's finally defeated. And Ground critters are kinda cool.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    Definitely Wallace for me :pink_love: I loved the character design and the interesting way one had to access his town (underwater). Plus he was also quite the challenge with his Milotic.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    For FR/LG I love Giovanni. I'm not sure why, but I just like how they picked him for the last gym. Fitting...

For R/S/E I would pick Tate and Liza. Not sure why, since they gave me so many problems, but their gym was my favorite.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
    Years
  • Erika. I mean, come on, who CAN hate her... She's cute, she quiet, plus she trainers my favorite type of Pokemon. The Grass Type. Yeauh Boi!

Also, I like Flannery, I like her character design, plus her Torkoal use to rape me on Emerald, then it had a nerve to be holding a White Herb after using overheat the first time. Not to mention, those stupid Slugma use to love to set Sunny Day for it. *cross arm and pout* Stupid...man. :\

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Giovanni is just great in every incarnation haha. But Blaine has always amused me as well. :>

But my favourite of favourites is Flannery! She's fun and upbeat and energetic and kinda weird and quite pretty. :D

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
    Years
  • Tate and Liza are the only gym leaders who's initial challenge is a double battle. The twin idea is so appealing and unique for the gym leaders, though I prefer them in emerald than R/S since they are more of a challenge. For FR and LG, I'd vote for Koga because of his awesome shinobi concept, but I still like the twins better.

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    Not on the list but my favorite is Whitney :3 from Heartgold

Favourite Gym Leader?

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I liked Brock and Misty because when I played through FR/LG for the first time, they reminded me of the anime. Giovanni was a badass, hands down. And Wallace was so flamboyant it was awesome. Plus the fact that he used Water-types.

The gym leaders of gen3 weren't my favourite, though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2012
    Blaine was pretty cool. I loved the pokemon he had in his team and it was the most challenging gym i faced. I had no water-types and half my team had a weakness to fire.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • RSE: Norman because of his incredible difficulty for a 5th Gym Leader. I honestly don't think I've ever beaten him without using Hyper Potions. Those Slakings are a pain in the ass.

FRLG: Koga because of his relentless use of status ailment inflicting moves. Nothing worse than being being poisoned with Toxic, and all four of his Pokemon have the move. That match has the potential to be frustrating if you don't have a trusty Psychic type on your team.

Wow, I picked the two 5th Gym Leaders. Purely coincidentally.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Blaine was pretty cool. I loved the pokemon he had in his team and it was the most challenging gym i faced. I had no water-types and half my team had a weakness to fire.

I agree, Blaine is quite cool.

RSE: Norman because of his incredible difficulty for a 5th Gym Leader. I honestly don't think I've ever beaten him without using Hyper Potions. Those Slakings are a pain in the ass.

FRLG: Koga because of his relentless use of status ailment inflicting moves. Nothing worse than being being poisoned with Toxic, and all four of his Pokemon have the move. That match has the potential to be frustrating if you don't have a trusty Psychic type on your team.

Wow, I picked the two 5th Gym Leaders. Purely coincidentally.

Koga is quite cool.

But my favourite is Falkner. Because he has a cool name, he actually fits the game on levels, but the only problem he has is the Pidgey, he needs something else.

Back