• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Gym Leader

Years
  • Tate & Liza were really cool and having a double battle for a Gym leader fight was fun, I liked Skyla too because of her story but for me Claire is the best gym leader. Her Kingdra was pretty tough back in Gen II and there was not many Pokemon that were effective against it, plus I love Dragons.

Socratic

Howdy
    Years
  • I liked Wattson a lot for his jolly demeanor, and I think that Blue's gym was a really good challenge, and...
    I'm finding it far more difficult to answer this question than the E4 or Champion thread, probably because the Gym leaders have so much more personality to them relatively to those folks who stand in a barebones room all day. Through the design of their spaces, I feel one can know them better; I really liked when they made the E4 spaces more pretty. It gave a higher sense of familiarity, I think.

Lt. Surge is the correct answer, though, and for one reason only...
    'MURICA

Clay is cool, too. I also like Flannery's inconfidence, and how...

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I've always liked Blaine. Blaine is the name of a badass, and he talks like a badass but he looks like a strange old man. I love Blaine.

Tewi

Хорошо
    Years
  • Sabrina, she's badass and it's one of hardest to beat in Kanto (for me). I also found Erika challenging so i like her too, and her personality is very nice.

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
    Years
  • I haven't played that many of the games, but Sabrina, Misty and Erika were really cool in the manga. Roxanne and in general most Gen 3 leaders have some really cool designs, but I'm a Hoenn fangirl so I'm biased.

Delgalatchi

Developing Pokemon Generations!
    Years
  • For me, that'd be Juan from Emerald, he may not be mentioned much, but back when I used to watch the show, and still had Emerald (RIP Emerald Game-Lost to 999:99 Time) he came off as a cool, classy kinda guy with elegance. I could clearly see that Wallace was a successor in personality, and gym.

Last edited:

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Jasmine. she's so cute and I would wife her up in a second! Just the fact she likes steel types makes me know she likes it hard!!! :)

Spoiler:

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I love gym leaders. Some look pretty cool, and others are pretty challenging. There are many Gym leaders that I like:
    I love Misty, Janine (better than Koga), Sabrina, Morty (I love its design), Clair (pretty challenging), Gardenia, Maylene, Fantina, Candice, Volkner, Elesa (From BW2, it has a better design IMO), Brycen and Marlon.
    WOWW, this is a huge list. You can see many generation 4 gym leaders in there .... that's because I love 4th gen. But, if i had to pick one of them, it would be .... Gardenia. Idk, it's just because I spent many time battling with her (I was a noob), and I love her design so ... yeah!

AceTheHanyou

ShakeTheHanyou
    Years
  • Whitney from Goldenrod, for some reason I always have an insane amount of trouble beating her and that damn Miltank.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Candice, Crasher Wake, Fantina and Roxie are my favourites! Also Volkner gets a shoutout. I think these guys all use very interesting teams and just have very likeable personalities/great appearances. Candice looks wonderful and has an endearing personality, Crasher I think funny and love his team, Fantina I adore her team and her classy elegance, Roxie again I love her team and think her design is wonderful, and Volkner again just has a really cool team and a warm personality - Ambipom heck yeah.

Niccia

Chocolate Witch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2017
    I really like Erika, her gym is a botanical garden like the the place I work at. But Candice and Whitney have a special place for me, they were really tough so I end liking them.

AceTheHanyou

ShakeTheHanyou
    Years
  • Really tough... Tryna beat a Miltank with a lvl 20-25 starter that has no fighting moves. And normally no fighting type pokemon either

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • A hard question but im gonna have to go with Elesa. I mean ive always favored the girl gym leaders more and Elesa is just the most chill one who also happens to be a model and who also happens to have owned 2 of the most amazing gyms in the entire series. Plus she had a cool story behind her when she changed her style from b&w to b2&w2. Plus she used emolga which is one of my favorite pokes so theres no going wrong in picking her :3

Back