• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favourite Music

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    1. Don't post if you dislike the music.
    2. Please specify English descriptions rather than route numbers alone (I'd like to see if I remember the music)
    What's your favourite music from the games?

RBY
    Route from Pallet town to Viridian city, Indigo Plateau (the league)

GSC
    Clefairy dance in Mt. Moon and the first three beginning towns are just mood setting.

Sometimes I have to tiptoe over to VGMusic to hear some classics again. It doesn't always compare to the real thing, though :P

Feel free to use this template:
    HTML:
    [b]RBY[/b]

[b]GSC[/b]

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    RBY
    Gym music and the rival's battle music. The latter because it has a sense of regality to it, and the latter because it's hyper and awesome.

GSC
    Goldenrod City, mostly because I've always thought it had a nice melody (starting off with a nice, slow tune before throwing in a drumbeat to add in a perky rhythm to the music). It's much better when it gets a dance-like beat in Puzzle Challenge, though, but I'm not sure if that counts.

ToraSushii

I see...food!
    Years
    RBY
    Rocket Hideout/Unknown Dungeon(Cerulean Cave), yeah. I like evil music. >:D
    Also, the Game Corner music. Makes me sleepy. And Gary's Battle Theme. (Not the normal trainer one.)

GSC
    Gym Leader Battle Theme, and that one song...it had a remixed version in FR/LG. You hear it when your at the Unown island place.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    RBY
    Team Rocket's hideout, too.
    GSC
    Team Rocket's takeover in the Radio Tower. Yes, I love the evil gang's themes. And do not forget the Rival's theme.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    My favorite in Red/Blue is your Rival's theme, I don't really remember much of the other music to say what I like. As for GSC, I love the music that plays in all the gyms, that's one of my favorite tracks from all the games.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    RBY

-Route 12
    -Gym leader battle
    -Champion Battle
    -Bicycle

GSC

-Caves
    -Champion Battle
    -Gym Leader Battle
    -Kanto remix Gym leader battle
    -Bicycle
    -Surfing
    -Wild pokemon battle
    -Team rocket when they catch you (not battle)
    -Legendary Dogs battle

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    memories

You're all bringing back all so many music memories. Fortunately I can still listen to them.

brocklee said:
    To clarify, Route 12 is the route from the South of Lavender town, Vermillion and Fuchsia.

I don't remember route numbers, I had to look that one up!

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    down down dilalew down down...

Shiny Umbreon said:
    RBY: "Battle! Trainer" is probably my favorite.

GSC: "Battle! Gym Leader", "Battle! Rival", "S.S. Aqua", "Lavander Town" and "Route 3" are all my favorites.

Can I ask why you've termed them 'Battle!'? I'm curious if there is a music test in one of n64 or gamecube games I've never seen or something.

I sometimes hum the tunes, consequentially annoying my friends. To people about to reply:
    Which tunes can you hum?

Back