• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Pokémon game!

Which Pokémon game do you prefer?

• Total voters

Evocal

El. Psy. Congroo.
Years
  • I doubt between Esmerald and Diamant, I don't remember when I player to !st and 2nd gene, and I just start to play to 5th.

But, if I have to decide to one, I choose esmerald :B

Years
  • It is a toss up between Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Emerald.
    I have played all the games, but these two really stuck out for me and I have had a craving, recently, to play both of these games. I lost my Pokemon Yellow a while back, so I am currently on the hunt to replace it! :3​

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    My favorite game is definitely Pokemon Emerald! I've got about... four or five roms of it, and each has waaay over 50 hours logged on it. Each hour was either in school or intruding on my sleeping time. :X I loved the storyline (though, it does get boring after that many runs) and the Battle Frontier always presents a good challenge!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I love the plot and the ability to be a Pokemon the best. My second favorite game is Emerald because it was my first Pokemon game!

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012
    I love pokemon games but I don't have a favorite. The reason why is honestly that there should be NO story in these games. If the goal is for you to catch them all and be a master why can't they make a game, let us create our own characters, put in enough crap to let us have our adventure the way we want without forcing some legendary change the world crap on us and stop forcing us to play a previously named character... Oh wait that would make it a western rpg. On a side note another reason not to pick is because people say first gen is best or blah blah blah. but someone coming in from the third gen might think the first gen is goofy looking. just my opinion

HaxingBH

HaxingBH
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2012
    poke emerald!!! 90+ hours on it
    poke emerald/3rd gen really brought the best uber pokemon!

Sodapop

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • No offense but I hate Hoenn, My favorite of all was Pokemon Black. I love how the battle system is so fast pace and not slow like HGSS and under.

Derpy.H

Derpy - The Ponymon Elite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    Emerald is my choice. I spent hours and hours on it. I enjoyed it all and frankly I think it was the best that Nintendo has made.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • Pokemon FireRed, it was the 3rd pokemon game i played & I found it the best to go back into the Kanto region, starting off with Squirtle, Charmander, &Bulbasaur, defeating Kanto, & the Sevii Islands! :D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm a generation I person, so of course I have to choose a game from generation I! Pokémon Yellow, with Pokémon Crystal being a close second. Pokémon White being third.

Outside the main series, I adore the Pokémon Stadium games as well as Colosseum and XD.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I probably played more hours on my Gold version than any other Pokemon game, so by that metric, it would be the clear winner. Having said that, I do like how SoulSilver managed to take most of the stuff I like about Gen II and update it so wonderfully. I haven't clocked in as many hours in this game, but its relative 'newness' means it's probably my favourite individual game out of all the ones I've played.

Years
  • Strangely enough, my favorite Pokemon game is one that I've never owned, and that's Emerald (with HeartGold a close second). For the longest time, I would play through the games and once I finished with the main story, there wasn't a heck of a lot left to do. Emerald added the Battle Frontier, which added an entirely new dimension to the game. I enjoyed the Battle Pike the most, despite making it to the Brain dozens of times, but never being able to win. I hated when I had to give it back to my cousin, but I can honestly say I've never had more fun playing a Pokemon game.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2012
    Pokemon Black handsdown cause its the only pokemon game I ever played to be honest...

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2012
    The games I played the most were Pokemon Yellow and Silver. Even though I played those the most, they aren't my favorite. I'd have to say that SoulSilver is my favorite so far for a few reasons. I loved the Pokeathalon. That was imo a great way to interact with your pokemon, other than battling all the time. I also loved the fact that any pokemon could follow you, and you could check the pokemon's mood and get random items picked up from them. That was the only game I felt like my pokemon were like my friends/children/pets... whatever you wanna call them lol, not just battlers. I also love how they added so many more legendary pokemon to catch.

My opinion is only based off of 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th generation games. I have never played 3rd, and from what a lot of you have said, I wish I did play those games. :(

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • I've only played Green (though is it really called LeafGreen?), Red, Blue, and I'm now playing through Black. I'll say that while Green/Red/Blue holds a lot of nostalgia, I like the lay out of the maps better in Black and I love the characters and story development MUCH more. They don't seem so 2 dimensional anymore! <3

But I am more used to the Pokemon species in the first few games. So for now I'm going to say it is a tie between the familiarity of the old gen and the better in-game features overall of the new one.

Back