• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Pokémon game!

Which Pokémon game do you prefer?

• Total voters

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • My favourite in the main series is Diamond. It has the most playtime of any of my Pokemon games and it has my first Cherrim in it and I love it. I completed the Pokedex in it and it's my pride and joy of the series.

As for spinoffs, my favourites are Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Puzzle League. I think the first is probably one of the best games out there (how has it not gotten a sequel!?!) and the latter is SO much fun to play with my brother. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    White. I love White so much, I also love Black, but White has basically everything on there, and I can continue just breeding and stuff on White. However I can technically reset Black, but I won't, and instead imma wait til B2/W2 for a resettable game (being W2).

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
    Years
  • My favorite Pokemon game would have to be Pokemon Ruby, mostly because of the fact that the pokemon contests came in and they were a lot of fun. :D

Years
  • I vote for Pokémon White. It is the Pokémon game that i've spend the most time with, and, actually the only one iv'e cleared.. ^^'

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    FireRed has the most replay value to me, being the first Pokemon game I owned.
    Crystal is a close second. I absolutely LOVE Johto.
    Pokemon Snap is my favorite for spin-offs. Too bad it never got a sequel, it was an awesome game.

But, I've actually never given the Hoenn games much of a chance. I love all the Gen. III Pokemon designs, but I've never gotten too far in the game to really enjoy it. Guess that's another thing I'm doing this summer. :)

Years
  • Pokemon Black was the best for me... I love Unova.

Why? I loved the story, the characters (Cheren FTW!) and I loved most of the version exclusives better than White's (Reshiram and Gothitelle's designs were way too beautiful to pass on).

I bet Black 2 and White 2 will be even better!

I've played every game since 3rd Gen with the exception of FireRed/LeafGreen.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    When it comes to pokémon looks, I'd say 1st and 2nd Gen, just love how those guys look.
    When it comes to game play, I'd say Emerald and the remakes of the 2nd Gen.
    When it comes to just game looks, I'd go with 5th Gen.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    I going to go with Colosseum being my favorite. I love how a new element was created in the game, that the main character is essentially an anti-hero.

Ben Purse

Eager Trainer
    Years
  • Emerald. I was so addicted to the Battle Frontier and the E4. I got my only level 100s on Emerald and the gym leaders were some of the hardest in the series.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I loved the Hoenn trio, but I think I'll go with Emerald because I was obsessed with the Battle Frontier and I like Rayquaza a lot too. Next would probably be the PMD games because I love the storylines and none of the other games really stood out for me, even though I enjoyed them.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Pokemon Emerald was my first pokemon game. I did love it, and I would replay it and never get bored of it. The games now are...not as fun as they used to be.

Maybe nostalgia or the fact that half my favorite pokemon are from Hoenn, but Emerald takes my vote.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Well, I don't actually own the game anymore, but I do recall many great times with my Pokémon Silver.

It was the first game that I could ever say was mine alone, as Blue, the first one I got, was shared between me and my brother, and that alone is enough to give it a special place. Furthermore, I was really amazed by the at that time amazing game mechanics and whatnot. I found myself playing it for hours, and I went through a lot with the game. It's easily the one I've had the most playtime on.

Anyways, I also feel like it was the only Pokémon game I played with an actual ending, by beating Red in the end, and at my age, the first times I beat him, it was a huge accomplishment for me, as I was pretty bad at creating teams that actually had advantages in battle, so he was pretty darn hard for me.

In the end I borrowed it out to a friend though, and he ended up losing it. At the time it wasn't that much of a big deal, as I had later generation games, though later on, I began to realize how great the game actually was, and well. It's definitely my favourite game :D

Ultimate Uchiha

Switchin' It Up
    Years
  • Platinum is still my favorite to this day. I'm not the biggest fan of the Sinnoh region but Platinum made it a bit more interesting by adding a new battle frontier and gym leader rematches so you don't run out of stuff to do when you beat the elite 4. I also like how they threw Giratina into the storyline too.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    My pick would be Ruby Version. Got it on my birthday party when I turn 12 years old. I find it extremely enjoyable.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • I love Emerald, but Black/White enhancements have really made the game more fun to me. The only reason Emerald doesn't win in my book is the lack of physical / special moves not associated with type. Many Pokemon were useless before Gen IV because of it and I hated it. :/

SociablyAwkward

PokeNoob
    Years
  • I gotta go YELLOW!! I loved seeing pikachu follow me around. And it was what got me into pokemon gaming and what got me back into pokemon gaming. One day when i was at school i guy named Parker walked in staring at his Droid. He then goes look! and i see him playing blue version! im like whaaaat?!?! He pointed me in the direction of the emulator he downloaded, and sure enough in the ROM's i found Yellow version. I bet you can imagine my excitment! And thus began my journey with my little yellow sidekick. after that i picked up my ds i havent used in a year or so and played pearl a bit. now im playin white like an addict. Thank you pokemon Yellow!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I really enjoyed all the games as I got them, but I'd probably say my all time favorite is probably Sapphire (I'm sure Emerald, if I had gotten it). I just love the features and the Pokémon. However, all the other games have features I really like to, and B/W probably has the best storyline (haven't played that one yet though).

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    Red/Blue started it all for me. Hands. Down. It'll always be my favorite.

Then Firered got me back, and I'd say Black, but it's moreso the BlazeBlack modification than just Black itself that I like.

Back