• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Pokémon music?

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Ok fellow trainers/coordinators/breeders/performers (and so on...), I was wondering what your favourite piece of Pokémon music is? It can be anything from the anime series, the movies, the games (or maybe another source such as the soundtracks). Personally, mine is 'My Best Friends' as it perfectly sums up my longtime relationship with Pokémon. As someone who was often bullied as a child and later grew up to have depression, the franchise has been an ever-present source of comfort and this song reflects that perfectly. What is your favourite? :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • R/B/Y: Lavender Town -Yeah I never understood all the hate towards it
    G/S/C: Dark Cave and Pokemon Lullaby -So many remixes of Dark cave but that's good. Lullaby was my fave track from the radio so I was always listening to the radio in hopes of hearing it.
    R/S/E: Abandoned Ship and Dive -Both the diving mechanic and exploring the ship was fun and exciting!

And finally the Pokemon theme from 2.B.A Master. It's always fun to sing and majority of Pokefans know it! A true anthem. :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • RBY - Gym Leader Battle Music
    GSC - Raikou/Suicune/Entei Encounter
    RSE - Elite Four Battle Music
    DPPT - Cynthia's Battle Music
    BW - Route 2/Route 10
    XY - Professor Sycamore Theme

They are my favourites from each of the main games per generation. I'd say collectively my favourite soundtracks are from RSE/ORAS though.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I'll do it per generation too.
    RBY: Pallet Town, Gym Battle, Vermilion City, Cinnabar Island (both pre and post-eruption)
    GSC: Johto Trainer Battle, the new Safari routes in HG/SS, Bike music, Goldenrod City, Cianwood City, Red battle
    RSE: Feebas Route, Oldale/Lavaridge, Trick house route, Slateport, Petalburg, Surf music, Legendary battle, Rival battle
    DPPt: 21 Guns Route, Route 201, Dialga/Palkia Battle
    BW/XY: ...nothing comes to mind sadly!
    Anime: The song that played in Gotta Catch Ya Later in the crossroads scene, iirc it also played in sad moments during Master Quest and the early Advanced Gen, the song in Hoenn that plays whenever Ash and his friends are winning (Heroes of Hoenn something), the remix of Route 201, Team Rocket's song on the Igglybuff episode.

I'm not very good with names. :P

And theme song wise, I like Master Quest, I Wanna Be A Hero, Battle Frontier and Galactic Battles!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    A lot of the Japanese movie ending songs are simply beautiful. I was going to answer this with "明日天気にしておくれ", which is the ending theme for the fourth movie (the Celebi movie). But then, after going through the themes I remembered, there was a better answer. "小さきもの (Chiisaki Mono)", the ending theme for the sixth movie.

As for music from the game, I'm a fan of the boss battle theme from Typing Adventure, Vast Ice Mountain Peak from Explorers of Sky, Xerneas/Yvetal battle theme from X/Y, Ho-Oh's battle theme from HeartGold, Mt. Vinter from Pokemon Shuffle, and Colress's theme from B2/W2.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I'll drop some of them here :) But I can't put all of the ones I like, I have too many of them :/

Of course...

And bonus...

Not an official song but omg I love it...

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • National Park from Gold, Silver, Crystal, and the remakes- This song is so nostalgic and relaxing, I like to listen to this when I go to the park in real life.
    Route 3- from Red Blue and Yellow- This is my favorite route theme, and it is nostalgic to me.

_Dud_

I can't C#
    Years
  • My music library on this PC consists of far too many Pokemon songs. If I were to narrow them down, my favourites would be:

- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Primal Dialga
    - Pokemon Black and White: Team PLASSMAAAAAA battle theme
    - Pokemon ORAS: Wally theme
    - Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow: Champion theme
    - Pokemon Gold, Silver: Title theme

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Games:
    - Champion battle from R/S/E/OR/AS
    - Game Corner from D/P/Pt
    - Ho-Oh battle from HG/SS
    - Route 47 from HG/SS
    - Driftveil City from B/W/B2/W2
    - Route 10 from B/W (Especially the Super Smash Bros. remix)
    - Champion Iris battle from B2/W2
    - Laverre City from X/Y
    - Gym leader battle from X/Y
    - Zinnia battle from OR/AS
    - Final Battle from Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team
    - Every battle theme from Colosseum and XD
    - Relic Forest from Colosseum and XD
    - Autumnwood Battle from Super Pokemon Rumble

Anime and movie songs:
    - Pokemon Theme
    - Born to be a Winner
    - Pokemon Johto (Movie 3 version)
    - Aim to be a Pokemon Master (Whiteberry version)
    - To Know the Unknown
    - All We Wanna Do
    - Together Forever
    - OK!
    - Together
    - This Dream
    - L.O.V.E.L.Y ~ Dream Seeing Lovely Boy
    - XY&Z
    - Because the Sky is There

Anime and movie BGM:
    - Gym theme
    - Route 38
    - Ecruteak City
    - To Be Continued...
    - Prayer
    - Tears After the Cloudy Weather
    - Pikachu Appears
    - Such Sweet Sorrow
    - Life's Purpose
    - OK! (Orchestra and Guitar arrangement)
    - To the Hopeful Sky (Japanese 1st movie)
    - Dragonite Takes Flight (English 1st movie)
    - Tears of Life (English 1st movie)
    - Mew's Theme (English 1st movie)
    - Legend of the Forest Theme (4th movie)
    - To Latios (5th movie)
    - Oracion (10th movie)

Years
  • I have a lot of favorites!
    -What kind of Pokemon are you? Because Muk will kick your grass!
    -The time has come. It gives me so much nostalgia!
    -If only tears could bring you back. Again, nostalgia
    -The power of one. Another nostalgic song
    -Lavender town (any version) It relaxes me
    -The following music in hg/ss. It has a good beat
    -National park. It is so beautiful!
    I listen to Pokemon music 24/7!

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I LOVE the Oreburgh City music. I'd say that's my all time favorite.

From the anime, I really like the Johto theme song, but honestly, most of the music from the anime I enjoy - new and old.

Years
  • I love most of the music from Gen 4, although Giratina and Arceus' music stands out to me.

I am also a huge fan of the Lavender Town theme.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I ain't really a fan of the anime music, but the Battle Frontier theme was one of the best, second to the original theme.

As for the games...

For Generation I, my favorite battle theme is either the Gym Leader or Champion theme, and my most favorite area (I'll just call it that) is Cerulean Cit or Surfing. I ain't a fan of FRLG's music, however, because it was a little high-pitched compared to the original.

For Generation II, my favorite battle theme is either the Champion or Legendary Beast theme, especially in HGSS. For the area music, either Goldenrod City, Tin Tower, or Route 38. In HGSS, Route 47 also ties with them.

For Generation III, I slightly dislike FRLG's music (except Route 1, Sevii Islands 1 and 2, the Gym Leader battle theme, and Surf), though I have a lot of faves in RSE, particularly the Elite Four and Frontier Brain theme, especially in the remakes. For the areas, Route 113, Route 119, Mt. Chimney, Victory Road, Ever Grande City, Route 120, Mt. Pyre, Slateport City, Sootopolis City, and Littleroot Town have to be favorites of mine.

Generation IV was all...jazzy. I'm not really a fan of Sinnoh's battle themes, but the Team Galactic battle theme was a great one. Also, my favorite area themes are Sunyshore City, Route 109, and Route 225.

Generation V had most of my favorites. There's a favorite war going on between the battle themes of the Elite Four, Iris, Hugh, wild Pokémon (plus surprise attacks), trainers, the VGC, and Colress. For the rest of the BGM, Route 10, Accumula Town, Bicycle, Victory Road, and Dragonspiral Tower are my favorites.

Generation VI didn't introduce a lot of my favorite music, but the battle themes I prefer are Team Flare's, Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde's, VGC's, and the Elite Four's. As for the rest of the BGM, Anistar City, Cycling, and Super Training are sure favorites. I probably haven't liked them as much as I do the others because I have never played XY.

In terms of music, HGSS, ORAS, and B2W2 were the best. HGSS had that Japanese feel to it, ORAS was an orchestra, and I don't really mind the lack of French horns, and I certainly can't get enough of B2W2's techno style.

Parasyct

Ya Boi
    Years
  • I really love some of the Pokemon games music, so yeah, sorry if I get kind of over enthusiastic with this post. Here's my favorites by game:

-RBY: Sliph Co. (creepy vibe and not overrated like Lavender Town)
    -GSC: Route 38 (actually the one I remember the most is the one from HG/SS, but its the same, it's got a great felling of harmony and adventure to it)
    -RSE: *puts on nostalgia glasses* Everything. Literally Everything. (it's all goosebumps inducing, but I'll put the E4, Frontier Brains and Magma/Aqua leaders themes on top)
    -FRLG: Route 11 (same feel as route 38), Lavender Tower (same reason as sliph co.) and Champion Theme
    -DPP: Route 216 (just go check it, you'll know what I mean) and Cynthia battle theme (gives me nightmares to this day, hardest battle of my life, as a kid of course)
    -HGSS: Kanto Gym Leaders Theme (best gym leader theme, it's simply badass and an improved version of the originals in my opinion)
    -BW: Tao Trio theme (Zekrom and pals)(not a big fan of this game's music, but I really loved this one, it's so powerful yet majestic, and it's pretty underrated compared to the other legendary theme. I also kinda like N and the Elite Four themes)
    -BW2: Hugh's (rival) battle theme and Neo Team Plasma's battle theme (SO PUMPED) (Actually really loved the music in this game, super cool and techno-ish music)
    -XY: Sycamore's theme and the Kanto Legendaries theme(the only ones I find memorable, the rest is pretty "meh")
    -ORAS: Same as RSE Zinnia's Battle Theme (simply amazing) and Deoxys Theme (never heard it on RSE, and dear Arceus the moment those initial bells started ringing my jaw dropped, one of the most memorable moments in Pokémon to me; the new version of the Aqua/Magma Leaders was pretty awesome too)

Extras (Spin-offs)
    - Primal Dialga (PMD: EoS)
    - Second Dark matter battle (PSMD)
    - Fire Island Volcano (PSMD, never been that pumped for a dungeon, all because of this theme)

Last edited:
    Back