• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Pokémon Region?

Favourite Pokémon Region?

• Kanto

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Johto

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Unova

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Kalos

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
  • So there are six main Regions in the Pokémon world; we've got Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos. Out of the six, which one is your favourite and why?

For me it's joint between Hoenn and Sinnoh. Whilst Hoenn offers a beautiful variety of different environments and scenery, Sinnoh seems to be largely connected with so many iconic places to explore.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Johto and Sinnoh. One is filled with things to explore and carries a lot of nostalgic memories for me (and also has Lugia), and the other has Giratina, Shaymin and Darkrai in it. And is linked to the Torn World and Fake Sinnoh. And has an adorable ultra-strong glitch Pokemon in it! :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Above all, one's standing on my list of top three favorite regions is Hoenn.

One, big reason as to why I'm fond of this particular place is, although it's surrounded by water majorly, I believe it's what makes Hoenn so special; Hoenn is meant to be a tropical region, surrounded by hot weather and rain, and having water around almost each place we visit adds to the touch a whole lot, if you ask me. Alongside, each and every one of its towns, routes, and cities are also unique in their own way; Mossdeep's got Space Center, Lilycove has Department Store, and so forth.

Events that occur here relating to Team Magma, Aqua, Groundon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are also pretty entertaining; unlike most of story-line of games, plot we have in Hoenn region actually makes you feel as if you are a part of the game itself, I believe, and not someone watching occurrences from outside.

Aside from Hoenn, two of my other favorites Sinnoh and Kalos (although not much things had taken place in X and Y, I still found latter region to be pretty fun to explore).

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Geographic-wise and overall, my favourite region is Sinnoh. Pokémon Pearl is one of the first few Pokémon games I've played, so it does bring some great memories. Not only that, but I love how almost every iconic place have some connection to each other.

Pokémon-wise, my favourite is Unova. There are only three Unova Pokémon I don't like, but I do really like the rest.

Years
  • Geographic-wise and overall, my favourite region is Sinnoh. Pokémon Pearl is one of the first few Pokémon games I've played, so it does bring some great memories. Not only that, but I love how almost every iconic place have some connection to each other.

Pokémon-wise, my favourite is Unova. There are only three Unova Pokémon I don't like, but I do really like the rest.

This is basically how I feel, too. Sinnoh is a region I can appreciate the look of, as there were some locations I really liked what they were designed off of. But to me Unova wins in spirit and Pokémon, surely.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • The Hoenn region. Mostly by what PeithArchia said. Also, I love the names of those cities, such as Lilycove, Sootopolis and Fortree. I was close to going for Unova because of the many bridges, but the fact that it looks almost symmetrical doesn't make it look that interesting.

Banetta

Marionette °3°
    Years
  • Hoenn got my vote. I like the citys of this region the most and also the Pokemons are the coolest in my opinion x3
    Johto missed the first spot soooo close O:

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Johto for me....a lot of culture into Johto. I also liked how well connected the world was.

Years
  • Guess What My Favorite Region was! Well. . It's kinda underwhelming. It's Unova! I bet you're thinking, "What's the hell is wrong with this guy?". Well, I'll give you a few reasons why my Favorite Region is Unova.

1. The Season Change.
    Whenever the Season Changes, there's more things to discover, like that bye-bye-a-go-go Rocket Grunt which you can find in Icirrus City only in the winter. That was kewl.

2. Most Shinies in that Region.
    They look amaazing! I love. .
    1a. Shiny Emboar, Dat blue flare doe.
    2a. Shiny Zorua, Fabulous!
    3.a Shiny Virizion, Pink!
    4a. Shiny Gigalith has diamonds!
    5a. Shiny Scolipede. Simple Change turns it into an intimidating bug.

Sinnoh got soo close to winning first place, but. just. i. like. Unova. Better. Cya Guys!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I started with Hoenn, so I'm going to be bias and go for that. Okay that aside, Hoenn is simply beautiful. Fiery Mt. Chimney, elegant Sootopolis and a cool space centre!

Sinnoh comes second, because I really love Mt. Coronet, the Sky Pillar and the battle island... Though the terrible snow routes kinda dampened my liking.

Least favourite out of all is Unova, especially the chained mountain range (I hated both chargestone and twist mountain, ugh) and the rather stale north and northwest. Still, I cannot deny that Unova has fantastic bridges and the best victory road I've ever did.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It's a close tossup between Hoenn and Unova for me. Hoenn is by far the most ecologically diverse region, which makes for the most exciting exploration. On the other hand, Unova has such a strong, unique cultural identity attached to it, in addition to my all-time favorite Pokémon villain team as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Hoenn is a first, but verrry closely behind is Sinnoh. The only thing that would bring Sinnoh above Hoenn is if there was less brown exterior (cave walls, dirt ground etc.).

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
  • Without a doubt, Hoenn takes the spot for me. The lush tropical forests, the sandy desert to brave exploring, the hot springs of Lavaridge to the beauty of Meteor Falls... I'd love to live in a place like Hoenn, I really would.

Years
  • Johto for me :) It was my first region, it's my favourite region lol I can't help myself haha, it's just a region I'll never get tired of coming back to :)

The Johto starters, towns themselves, the Apricorns, the Legendaries, the Pokéathlon, SS Aqua and the Magnet Train, the Team Rocket in the Radio Tower task and having Karen in the Elite Four and the almighty LANCE as Champion as well as much much more are all parts of the reason I love this region so much :)

After that for me it goes: Hoenn > Sinnoh > Kalos > Kanto > Unova :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Johto's also pretty unique; I would say it's my fourth favorite. Of all locations in this region, I'm hugely fond of Goldenrod; although it might not precisely be portrayed as such in-game, it's a gargantuan city, and they've got lots of things placed here, such as Magnet Train, Radio Tower, Game Corner, and much, much more. I don't tend to use their train much, however, but it could still make a fun ride.

Aside from that, I also feel their Victory Road to be pretty cool. In a way, it's not the same as all other Victory Roads we have in other regions; to me, getting through this one did not seem to be very straightforward, it was rather tricky. Plus, we also have Silver trying to stop us throughout the end, and if we don't manage to save our game beforehand and lose, he would send us right back to the beginning, making it even more of a challenge.

Last edited:
    Back