• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Pokémon.... :>

Typhon

'sup
Years
Which Pokémon did you find the most awesome in Gen IV? Did you find you started liking it because of it's sprite? Did you start liking it because of it's design? Post below! <3~

My favourite Pokémon would have to be Riolu. It looks plain awesome first of all. It's colouring scheme is great, and it's shiny colouring scheme is gold! Now that's really cool. It's typing was really beneficial sometimes, but it's evolution is weak against one of it's own types, which was a letdown. Finding out you can get it in D/P/Pt in the story was amazing, but it was hard-work training it to the current level team.

What about you? Post below! :>

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Of all fourth-generation Pokémon, my favorite would have to be Cherrim. It's such a cutie, and always brightens up my mood very time I see its sweet-looking smile. The coolest thing about this Pokémon is that it opens and closes itself depending on what time of day it is, just like a real flower. If it's nighttime, then it'd close itself; regardless of what you did, it would refuse to reveal its face. And if it's daytime, then it would show its true form and do all sorts of activities with you.

I'm also a big fan of Garchomp. Its design is quite fierce, and when it comes to battling, it's able to perform pretty nicely. It's got gigantic Attack and Speed stats, and with only one boost from either Dragon Dance or Swords Dance, it would immediately start causing destruction. d: This Pokémon could take down your opponent's entire team single-handedly.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I think I'm going to say Togekiss. I'm really loving it right now, even though I didn't so much in the past. I love it's coloration, honestly I think the thing I used to dislike most about it was how big it is, I would prefer it stay 2ish feet. But it's alright, I've grown to appreciate it. It's cute and powerful.

There were many Pokemon I appreciated in fourth gen, mostly evolutions to Pooemon from previous gens. Ambipom, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Gliscor.. Those are all great evolutions. I also like some of the originals from this gen .. Cherrim, Garchomp, Luxray, Leafeon and Glaceon!

Trainer 781

I'm also a big fan of Garchomp. Its design is quite fierce, and when it comes to battling, it's able to perform pretty nicely. It's got gigantic Attack and Speed stats, and with only one boost from either Dragon Dance or Swords Dance, it would immediately start causing destruction. d: This Pokémon could take down your opponent's entire team single-handedly.

Unfortunately it doesn't learn dragon dance. Garchomp is my favourite too. (All dragons rock except altaria).

I also like all the starters of Sinnoh, all of the have well balanced stats and good offenses for an in-game playthrough.

Lucario is also one of my favourite. And its aura sphere is a great special fighting move.

But I really like rhyperior, though it has 2 massive common weaknesses, but it learns 5-6 100+ base power moves by level up. Combine it with its 140 attack. A good trick room sweeper.

Years
Electavire is my fave in gen 4. Electabuzz has always been one of my fave gen 1 pokemon. I was so excited when I first saw elekid and then again that excitement wasfelt when I first saw Electavire.

Years
Arceus all the way baby!

Oh and the first pokemon I EV trained was Porygon-Z... Haha I have a photo somewhere of where it gained 42 special attack in 1 level up because I kept knocking off lv. 2 ghost pokemon in the bell tower when the Porygon was at level 60 haha

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Wow, there are so many great Pokemon a part of the Fourth Gen bunch so it's really hard to pick just one favourite. Regardless, here are some of my personal favourites:

• Budew
  • Bronzong
  • Garchomp
  • Abomasnow
  • Rotom
  • Cresselia
  • Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • she/her
  • Seen May 23, 2023
My favourite would probably be Rotom. Why I like a bunch of pixels over 100 others is pretty hard to explain in words, but I'll try my best. When I first encountered Rotom, I practically jumped out of my seat. I had gotten a guide for the game before but obviously hadn't read too far in. It just so happened that I walked into the Old Chateau at night and tried to talk to a TV set. Something like that. At first it seemed like some sort of rare glitch and at one point I even considered it as a legendary Pokemon. Nevertheless I didn't see the harm in catching one, so I took it for myself.

I've never actually used it but that's something I plan on changing soon. It has a typing you don't see everyday, a cute design and some of the best moves you could ask for. Not enough? It can turn into a microwave, bungee jump out of TVs and can't be tackled. Enough said.

Some of my other favourites would be Yanmega, Porygon-Z, Abomasnow, Drifloon, Empoleon and Azelf. Mainly because of design, having used one or something like that.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
I liked Garchomp, Gallade, Lucario, and Electivire. I've used all four of them across my teams.

Years
My favourite would probably be Chatot. I like it's design, but the main reason I think is it's role in Mystery Dungeon (2). Although I've never used it in a team before.

I also like most of the new evolutions, bar Lickylicky and Tangrowth. Lucario was pretty cool too ^_^

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Only 413 Pokemon I love from 4th generation.

Buizel & Floatzel will forever remain as my top Sinnoh Pokemon, for me, none of the others even come close. I like water-type Pokemon, and I love otters, that's the main reasoning I need for them. Floatzel is my 3rd favorite Pokemon of all Pokemon to exist.

Along the way I'm starting to love Riolu and Lucario. I also like fighting types, and starting to like it's design, and I think it looks awesome.

edited: I forgot about some of the others one I also loved so 4 is incorrect

I also forgot about my love of cats - so Glameow, Purugly, Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray can't be out

I"m also loving Stunky & Skuntank and also like Pachirisu, Glaceon, & Leafeon.

Last edited:

Lesqx

eRepublik Player
Years
All 4th generation is great, but the best pokemons for me is:

- Starraptor ( the best flying type pokemon ever! ^^ )
- Empoleon ( Empoleon/Samurott the best water evolutions from starter )
- Infernape ( the best fire pokemon for me )
- Mamoswine ( looks sweet ^^ )

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Staraptor has to be the best 4th gen pokemon I've ever had. Roserade comes in a close second, because of my love for most Grass types.

Back