• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Pokemon For Gen 3!

Years
  • My favourite has to be Banette. I love Ghost-type Pokemon and Banette is the one for me in RSE. Even though a lot of people may not, I really like it's design. I did my first Solo Challenge with Banette and it destroyed everyone, the immunites help and it's possible movepool is goood :3

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Even though I hate the Hoenn, I have to second Breloom. Breloom is one of those Pokemon that can come from left field and completely ruin one's day.

Take for example the fact that it can learn spore and up until recently Spore worked against all types and put everything to sleep with 100% accuracy.

Then couple it with wake up slap, so it not only gets STAB off the move, but it can consistently do huge amounts of damage to your opponents who have no defense outside of abilities that keep them awake (or being the Grass type in lieu of generation 6).

Now, with it's ability Poison heal it can become quite the nuisance when you give it a Toxic Orb to hold. So not only does it heal itself, it's Poisoned so you can't burn it, Paralyze it, or Freeze it, rendering several combat styles void. The only way to truly combat Poison Heal is to negate it's ability, which can be voided by switching out.

Breloom can also learn Facade. With no ill effects to speak of, Facade doubles its attack power from 70 to a whopping 140. Only a handful of moves deal 140 damage without charging/recharge, have more than 100% accuracy, or have more than 10PP or isn't a signature move. Facade is a guaranteed 140 Power/20PP move when combined with Poison Heal.

Aside from that, Breloom's great move pool can combat nearly any type. Breloom can be pretty fragile, but it makes up for that by being a glass cannon that often explodes in your opponent's face and not yours.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I do love Skitty. She's just the cutest little pokemon from this gen. I had such a soft spot for her. <3 Even though she wasn't the best, I used to always have one with me. xD

I also really loved Treecko. By far my favorite grass type. I still use it even now :3

Then there's Rayquaza. My favorite dragon type. One of the few legendary pokemon that I'm willing to use on a team for the playthrough. :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    There weren't that many Hoenn Pokemon that I really fell in love with. Two that really stick out to my though are Jirachi and Blaziken. My favorite from gen 3 however, would have to be Blaziken. Really cool pokemon, really cool design and a tough Pokemon to defeat at that! Also, his mega evolution is sick too!

Back