• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Rock Song of All Time...

Forced

---------------
    Years
    Hmmm, I agree with all the choices above except for those ones who chose new age rock.
    New Age Rock is garbage.
    No musical structure + No singing = No music
    :)

But everything said before has been the old school mainstream songs of today's time.
    It's just everything they play on stupid oldies stations..
    I really wish I was a DJ so I could show those people what real music is, they really need to add to their playlist on those stations...
    All they play are the songs with catchy lyrics or a poppy tune.
    (AKA The Beach Boys)

Hmm, My favorite song would have to be:
    Iggy Pop - Seek and Destroy

Haha, such a good song. It helped change the face of rock, transversing it from the old school, tricky guitar (but not too tricky), to this new 70's beat with distorted guitars and fast lyrics. While the bands at the time were writing cheesy love lyrics and making fools of themselves on stage, Iggy set out to change the mood to this new 'punk' scene of music.

Umm, without people like "Iggy", you wouldnt have todays emo music/90s grunge music/80's metal/70's punk.
    I'd have to say this is one of the all time greatest rock songs history has ever seen. It changed so many things we used to know as Rock.

P.S. Anti-Pop Culture Warrior, you seem like you have some knowledge of music, we should talk some time, I can give you some bands to listen to.

Last edited:

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
    Hmmm, I agree with all the choices above except for those ones who chose new age rock.
    New Age Rock is garbage.
    No musical structure + No singing = No music

But everything said before has been the old school mainstream songs of today's time.
    It's just everything they play on stupid oldies stations..
    I really wish I was a DJ so I could show those people what real music is, they really need to add to their playlist on those stations...
    All they play are the songs with catchy lyrics or a poppy tune.
    (AKA The Beach Boys)

Hmm, My favorite song would have to be:
    Iggy Pop - Seek and Destroy

Haha, such a good song. It helped change the face of rock, transversing it from the old school, tricky guitar (but not too tricky), to this new 70's beat with distorted guitars and fast lyrics. While the bands at the time were writing cheesy love lyrics and making fools of themselves on stage, Iggy set out to change the mood to this new 'punk' scene of music.

Umm, without people like "Iggy", you wouldnt have todays emo music/90s grunge music/80's metal/70's punk.
    I'd have to say this is one of the all time greatest rock songs history has ever seen. It changed so many things we used to know as Rock.

P.S. Anti-Pop Culture Warrior, you seem like you have some knowledge of music, we should talk some time, I can give you some bands to listen to.

What makes you say new age rock is garbage? Are you narrowing your ears only to songs played on the radio or mainstream rock?

It's not easy to think of a good song that people will enjoy and some writers/singers actually write from their own mind, not have someone write it and the vocalist singing it. I agree, music is not how it used to be, but that's how you evolve music. I favor in listening to some classics sometimes, but it'd be weird if you don't listen to any of today's music.

Forced

---------------
    Years
    I agree, you can't get caught up in oldies, then there would be no new music.
    But artists today should quit trying to put on these "emo" fronts.
    Its fine if you scream your feelings in your songs, but do you have to dress that way and act that way while you do it?
    Its all about their image, not their music.
    The emo image is becoming all to popular.
    I listen to plenty of new music.
    It's the sellout, mainstream music thats garbage.

Evolution of music is good, very good.
    It lets people express themselves through new ways, but when every band looks the same way, and every song sounds the same, then it gets bad.
    I'm very open minded when it comes to music, I listen to everything and give everyone a chance, but when you hear 10 different bands with similar songs, it gets old.
    We need a new change in music, and I feel Experimental bands are really paving the way, but they dont get enough attention, because everyone is caught up in the Emo rush.
    Rap is also getting way to crappy.
    Rappers can say whatever they want now and they get to the top of the charts.
    Its garbage.
    Theirs #1 selling rap songs about chicken noodle soup and stepping on shoes and whatever other crap they can think of.

I'm sorry if i offended you with what i said about new age music, but i have to express my opinions, I like plenty of new age music, I was just singling out the mainstream and the garbage artists.

Years
    Mine would be either Reptar king of the Ozone by the devil wears prada or Price of Beauty by Suicide Silence..

Oni Link

~Previously On1 LiN|<~
    Years
    Stairway to Heaven by Led Zep, Layla by Derek and the Dominoes, Sunshine of Your Love by Cream, E.M.I. by the Sex Pistols, Ticket to Ride by the Beatles, Twist and Shout by the Beatles. There are tons, but those are the first I could think of.

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
    Years
    Innocent by Our Lady Peace or Break The Glass by The Suicide Machines.

I'll go with both.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Stairway to Heaven by Led Zep, Layla by Derek and the Dominoes, Sunshine of Your Love by Cream, E.M.I. by the Sex Pistols, Ticket to Ride by the Beatles, Twist and Shout by the Beatles. There are tons, but those are the first I could think of.

I'm kind of the same way, I have a lot of favorite songs lol

I also think Linkin Park is overrated. I really don't find any value to their songs. Being mroe of a classic rock fan, I lisdten to those songs on Youtube (since I'm too cheap to buy an ipod or Mp3) and Bohemian Rhapsody has nearly 7,000,000 views. I thought that was a lot until I saw the 38,000,000 views a Linkin Park song had. I was stunned. Funny thing is, I found myself switching songs before it was over.

I don't really like new rock artists, they generally aren't even close to what Freddie Mercury and Paul McCartney were singing in their days. But that's just my opinion.

Oni Link

~Previously On1 LiN|<~
    Years
    I'm kind of the same way, I have a lot of favorite songs lol

I also think Linkin Park is overrated. I really don't find any value to their songs. Being mroe of a classic rock fan, I lisdten to those songs on Youtube (since I'm too cheap to buy an ipod or Mp3) and Bohemian Rhapsody has nearly 7,000,000 views. I thought that was a lot until I saw the 38,000,000 views a Linkin Park song had. I was stunned. Funny thing is, I found myself switching songs before it was over.

I don't really like new rock artists, they generally aren't even close to what Freddie Mercury and Paul McCartney were singing in their days. But that's just my opinion.

I really don't see what the fuss about Linkin Park is. I never even liked them 'in the day' when they were all the rage, and although I don't dislike them, or their fans, what frustrates me most is that it's guaranteed, if you type in the name of a game on youtube, such as 'zelda twilight princess', or 'resident evil', there is BOUND to be a video that someone has made, where they've put a LINKIN PARK song over gameplay footage.

I don't like a lot of new music either, all I hear in the charts now is Indie, RnB, and pop music, and none of it really 'strikes a chord' with me, but I don't like being referred to someone who listens to 'old music'. That said though, I do listen to a wide variety of music, and I like pretty much anything besides gangsta rap, and Pop.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Old school Metallica (i.e. their first 4 albums) > the rest of their albums. Don't know why, but The Black Album signified their slow drift away from thrash metal and into mainstream hard rock. But I guess this is a thread about your favourite rock song of all time. xD

Why does everyone think this? The Black album was alot slower paced, no doubt, but it wasn't anymore Mainstream that their other albums. It might have taken on a different sound, but was still Metallica, and had the same feel to it as their previous albums. I just find it funny how so many people who know nothing about the band get off on saying "LOL THE BLACK ALBUM SUCKED AND METALLICA ARE SELLOUTS," when they aren't really able to even pinpoint the difference styles between it and their previous albums xD

Anyways, whatever. My favorite rock songs of all time are:
    "November Rain"-Guns 'n Roses
    "The Unforgiven"-Metallica
    "Rainbow in the Dark"-Dio

Yeah, top 3. They all kick ass ._.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    Why does everyone think this? The Black album was alot slower paced, no doubt, but it wasn't anymore Mainstream that their other albums. It might have taken on a different sound, but was still Metallica, and had the same feel to it as their previous albums. I just find it funny how so many people who know nothing about the band get off on saying "LOL THE BLACK ALBUM SUCKED AND METALLICA ARE SELLOUTS," when they aren't really able to even pinpoint the difference styles between it and their previous albums xD

The reason I think that is cos I like songs with a fast tempo and aggressive themes. The first four albums had those...they dealt with things such as politics, rage, drugs, monsters and the like.

Then after the Black Album...they went slower and took on blues and country influences...the fast riffs were replaced with slide guitar and stuff. That stuff's not my type...but that's just me. Then St Anger came and everyone knew that was just terrible....xD

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Besides Stairway to Heaven, other favorites of mine are Black Dog and Kashmir (Led Zep FTW), and quite a few Elvis songs.

But what really gives Stairway a run for its money is Bohemian Rhapsody...I simply can't get enough of that song. Also, Killer Queen is an interesting song that deserves a mention.

AC/DC is cool, but I don't listen to them much, so I really can't call any of their songs favorites of mine, but wow do they have some good ones.

3rd place is "Paint it Black" buy the Rolling Stones, great song.

4th is "Welcome to the Jungle"

5th is probably the Queen song "Somebody to Love" (quite a different kind of rock than the likes of TNT by AC/DC, lol). that or Kashmir, it's a tough call lol

There are also a few songs by The Police that are very good to listen to, but not on the same level as some of my top songs.

Years
    I really don't see what the fuss about Linkin Park is. I never even liked them 'in the day' when they were all the rage, and although I don't dislike them, or their fans, what frustrates me most is that it's guaranteed, if you type in the name of a game on youtube, such as 'zelda twilight princess', or 'resident evil', there is BOUND to be a video that someone has made, where they've put a LINKIN PARK song over gameplay footage.

I don't like a lot of new music either, all I hear in the charts now is Indie, RnB, and pop music, and none of it really 'strikes a chord' with me, but I don't like being referred to someone who listens to 'old music'. That said though, I do listen to a wide variety of music, and I like pretty much anything besides gangsta rap, and Pop.
    What ticks me off is every video that has [INSERT CHARACTER]- The End, I think, " The Beatles song," and click on it, but it wasn't the beatles!!!
    My favorite rock song is "Revolution" by The Beatles.

Back