• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favourite route and city music!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, since battle music is already covered, this one covers routes and cities (and bridges!) Is there a certain theme you like a lot? Something you can listen to over and over? Is there a soundtrack that reminds you of a city in a previous game or a route in a previous game?

Personally, after a refresher of the different soundtracks... I remembered I generally hate Straiton's and Nacrene's. I love Nimbasa's, Castelia's, Driftveil's (well not when listening to it too much :x), Mistralton's, Icirrus' (meh not all the time) and I love White's version of Opelucid. Imo, though, the music for Laconusa and Undella are boring (in summer though, Undella is pretty awesome, though the music is too idk, stereotypical? Like what you always hear in games, just remixed, idk if that makes sense, but ya'll know the default beach sorta music? Yeaaaah that). In general, I love the music for the post-game routes, with that being the most memorable. I also really love Skyarrow's, too!

Generally imo the music is awesome in these games as far as areas go. I like a lot more, but tbh I like pretty much everything, so naming everything, yeaaah no.

Oh yeah, and also, Opelucid on White somewhat reminds me of Cianwood or Olivine, tbh I can't remember off the top of my head, but it kinda reminds me of that when listening to it.

So yeah what are your thoughts on the music?

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • My favorite city music would be Driftveil City, because of the music sounds so Asian. I also like the Victory Road music in this region.

Years
  • I love Nimbasa city! My favorite route would have to be routes 11-15 (I think, its the ones with the church-sounding music)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I love how catchy the White Forest theme is, I can help but feel good whilst listening to it.

My favourite route music would probably have to be the Route 8, during pretty much any season, it sounds so good.

Years
  • My favorite route music is Route 11-15, and my favorite city music is probably Castelia City's. I like how they sound, because they sound good. I like other themes too and probably edit my post to include them, but right now these are the only ones I oculd think about.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    For routes, my favorite music is Route 11-15, Village Bridge, Skyarrow Bridge, and Marvelous Bridge.

As for cities, I like Opelucid City's theme in Black and Undella Town. I can't stand Nimbasa City's music...I guess because I tend to spend so much time in the arenas there that I got sick and tired of hearing it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • City: Driftveil City and Nimbasa City. Driftveil's was very catchy and made me want to dance while Nimbasa's was very upbeat.

Route: I don't really know, but let's say Route 4.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I love the Villagebridge music even though you have to do a little work to get it all going witch i also think is a really fun, i could listen to that stuff for hours

ryziken

Neutral scientist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Black City theme rules! It makes me really want to fill up the place w/ buildings and people. Sadly, it's pretty empty right now...

My favorite route is probably Route 10, which I think is between Opelucid and Victory Road. I dunno, it reminds me of a theme from like Pikmin 2 or something, and so it has that nostalgia.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • i like opelucid city music and i kinda like black city's music. overall i thought the music was good this generation. =)

Moimalade

Absolute Legend
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 9, 2011
    My favourite is Route 3. May just be because I've heard it so much from breeding for a shiny. :P

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • The music in the games was great, one thing I still do to one of my friends is hum the Nimbasa City and the Battle Subway tune to him, it's something we always do to each other. I love how instruments can be added, it helps the music a lot. I love route 10s music also.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • My favorite route music is Route 11-15

Agreed!^^ What´s also epic is Black City´s theme!^^ Dunno why, but it suits perfectly and also makes me feel a little weird...^^ Guess that´s what they call the spirit of a city...^^ But the Tower of Heaven´s theme is also very nice!^^ It gives me a melancholic feeling everytime I hear it...^^ (especially on top of the Tower of Heaven...^^ Yeah, yeah, I just love gazing the clouds, even if they´re just on a screen...^^)

Back