• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Series Of Pokemon

What Is Your Favourite Series Of Pokemon?

• Original

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Advanced

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Diamond & Pearl

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Best Wishes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • XY

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Sun & Moon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    I think that the XY series had a lot more PG content and darker stories such as Team Flare wanting to destroy the world and create a new one for peace. Ash looked much more mature and grown up than the S&M episodes. Serena was like a model too and did the Karlos Queen Challenge. What do you think?

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I liked Diamond and Pearl the most out of all the previous series so far. I've watched more episodes from DP than any other series. I especially liked the main rivals in that series, aka Paul and Zoey, I thought they were both better than any of the other rivals I've seen from the other series. Though the series definitely still loses points for the way Ash lost the Sinnoh League.

Last edited:

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Kanto + late Johto parts of OS and Best Wishes!

In most other series, I was only watching for the Rockets, but Kanto was fun to watch all together and late Johto had really nice cameos (Ritchie, Lapras) and good storylines (Larvitar's story was very moving and satisfying, the baby Lugia and Red Gyarados stories too, as well as Pryce and his lost Piloswine, the Ninetales from Just Waiting on a Friend, Whirlpool Cup...).

Best Wishes! was the first time I was genuinely invested in the protagonists and watching for them instead of the world (watching a tape I got as a very little kid, not a regular viewer yet) or TRio (when I joined the fandom).

Iris and Dent were refreshing, quirky and fun, endearing, especially in Japanese. Wishfulshipping was the first ship I really got invested in among the protagonists too (Contestshipping was cute and clearly meant to he canon, Pearlshipping was cute too but I preferred them as best friends, but I was still always stuck on Rocketshipping and never fully invested like with Wishfulshipping).

I never watched Pokemon for the heroes before BW!, I could've just lost interest because the TRio I joined the fandom for weren't acting like themselves, but!! I loved the genuine friendship and the BW! trio's natural, funny and balanced dynamics too much. They easily carried the plot, BW! had good variety in episodes, and never had very very very veeeeery dull fillers that dragged like DP tended to do. I loved all the different rivals, too, everyone got their own, the many tournaments brought fun interactions, etc.

BW!'s style is so charming, too! A cuter, slightly more modern take in the old style.

Years
  • I loved Diamond & Pearl. Great rivals, great antagonists, some memorable / sad episodes from Team Rocket, Ash having one of his best teams.

Paul is criticized for being "edgy", but was as a formidable rival and his attitude isn't much different than how most of us play the actual games. The fact that he made Ash reconsider his philosophy so many times in the series makes him such a great rival, if not the best so far.

Hunter J was one of the very few competent and malicious antagonists in the series. Wish there were more recurring poachers in the series.

The Cacnea and Dustox episodes were pretty sad.

Ash's roster by the end of the series was great. His Infernape is an absolute MVP.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    It was hard to pick between Best Wishes and XY. I was one of the few who liked Team Rocket being serious for once but I had to go with XY.

Years
  • Has to be DP.
    Amazing battles, great plot and character development. Too many fillers and the villain team felt very bland in this season but it is still the best season in my opinion.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Diamond & Pearl by an absolute landslide.

Incredibly complex characters, immense character development, and fantastic rivals. DP was well-rounded and had absolutely everything going for it. Ash had a magnificent team and showed a lot of maturity. (Which was completely thrown away in Unova). Paul was a fantastic and very memorable rival and constantly challenged Ash on his beliefs about raising Pokémon which helped Ash to grow and to re-evaluate his own goals. Dawn was independent and pursued her own ambitions rather than being Ash's female lackey and was a very supportive and bubbly character all around.

There were so many heartfelt moments and overall it was just fabulous.

After DP I'd have to say X&Y.

Last edited:
    Back