• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?

MikeyOak

Gary Oak wannabe
Years
  • Candice & volkner, I like both of their designs... although if it was based on who challenged me it would be none of them :P

Beegu

Is Waldo
    Years
  • Hmmm... Volkner 'cause we both lovz da electic type and we both had Electivire (that copycat :P).
    ¡¡¡Hey!!! Are we the only two here who even remembers Maylene? She's my secand favorite cause
    1. Her gym in platinum is AWSOME, and
    2. she is living proof that only shirtless men can be strong gymleaders (AKA Chuck and CRASHER Wake).

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Roark is my favorite. <3 He's nice and enthusiastic and kind of adorkable. :3 My second favorite is Byron, if only because they amped him up to eleven in the anime. xD

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
    Years
  • Technically, I don't have one...but if I had to choose it would be; duh-duh-duhhhhhh!

Fantina

She was the only Sinnoh Gym Leader that gave me a hard time on not only Diamond Version, but on Platinum Version, as well.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I'll be honest, I like Crasher Wake. He's a little insane, yet down to earth enough where it's just passed off as him being funny. I just think people like that in real life are simply awesome. One of my best friends is like that. Not to mention he's a very challenging Gym Leader, since you can't use only an electric type, but yet at the same time you still kinda need them, along with a Grass type.

Gyarados=only weak to electric and rock, but it's also strong against Rock.
    Quagsire=Only weak to grass (and carries Sludge Bomb)
    Floatzel=Weak to both but has Ice Fang and is very fast, making Electric types more useful

River

Ninjah Penguin <3
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    Candice all the way :3 She's just awesome.

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
    Years
  • Roark and Volkner(:

Roark because he just speaks to the nostalgic first-gym-leader-type-is-rock sense. Volkner because he has a good design, and uses a (sadly easily defeatable in his gym) Luxray.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    From the anime my favourite's Roark because he's sooo cool and strong and impressive and freindly and great! From in-game it's Candice because she's interesting to fight and her type is a good'n. :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I like Gardenia and Volkner. I like Gardenia because I always tend to have tons of fun battling the Grass-type Gym Leaders (Erica is just my Kanto Goddess), and I like Volkner because it's really awesome having an Electric Trainer as the eighth Gym Leader for a change.

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
    Years
  • TBH Mayleen & Fantina. Fantina is just generally awesome but I can't quite put my finger on what it is with Maylene...huh, well, I guess Lucario can make most anyone cool xD Also I liked her anime backstory.

Back