• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Spin-Off Series

Favourite Spin-Off

• Pokemon Puzzle Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Dash

• Pokemon Trozei

• Pokemon Battle & Get Typing DS

• Total voters

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    There have been many different Pokemon spin-off games over the years. Spin-offs can be just as fun as the main games and some people like them better. So here's my question:
    Which Pokemon Spin-Off Series is your Favourite?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My favorite spin off game is the Mystery Dungeon series because they're similar to the main games. Ranger comes in at a close second.

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
    Years
    mystery dungeon and ranger
    rumble doesn't have random rooms
    even though i never played it typing ds doesnt look like "intense" gaming

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    EXCUSE ME SIR WHERE IS COLOSSEUM/XD I should delete your poll for lack of attention to the greatest spin off ever! That being said, my answer is obvious.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    EXCUSE ME SIR WHERE IS COLOSSEUM/XD I should delete your poll for lack of attention to the greatest spin off ever! That being said, my answer is obvious.

Oh my god I cannot beleive I forgot about them. My mind must have just wanderded off somewhere. Thats probably the best spin off after the Mystery Dungeon Games. I am an idiot. As I cannot edit it can you pleases put it in there?

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon for me !
    It's a really original and amazing concept I think.
    Songs in the game are just so beautiful, a delight for ears. It's also pretty difficult, and I love difficulties.
    Sometimes Pokémon's words are too childish, but no matter, it's a great game anyway.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I'd vote the Hey, You Pikachu game, simply because I did enjoy that game so much back then when I had the N64. It gives a good feeling as to how would you handle it if you really had a Pikachu with you in real life. A mic to talk to him, was a plus.

Surprised Pokemon Stadium 1/2 were not in the selection though, wasn't exactly any different than Colosseum/XD without the storyline & walking around..I always used my Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal Pokemon in the Stadium games!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    My favorite spin off game is the Mystery Dungeon series because they're similar to the main games. Ranger comes in at a close second.
    MD similar to the games? Grantd, I haven't playd them myself but my understanding is that they are fairly different in gameplay, story and the setting of the 'in-game universe' as well. Colosseum/XD are far more similar to the main games if you view it that way, imo, or the Stadium games/PBR as well using the same mechanics.

And that said, I'd have to agree with Sydian and go with Colo/XD as my favourite spin-off series. Most enjoyable ones I've played thus far and it helps that I quite like double battles as well, given most of the gameplay is in that form as well.

Others I liked include Stadium, Snap and the pinball games.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    MD similar to the games? Grantd, I haven't playd them myself but my understanding is that they are fairly different in gameplay, story and the setting of the 'in-game universe' as well. Colosseum/XD are far more similar to the main games if you view it that way, imo, or the Stadium games/PBR as well using the same mechanics.

And that said, I'd have to agree with Sydian and go with Colo/XD as my favourite spin-off series. Most enjoyable ones I've played thus far and it helps that I quite like double battles as well, given most of the gameplay is in that form as well.

Others I liked include Stadium, Snap and the pinball games.
    You played Pokemon Snap too? How much? lol someone once told me that all you do is take pictures and...take MORE pictures? I thought it was funny..it isn't really any different when girls take pictures at the store and post them on facebook, or taking pictures of animals at the zoo! :)

syotipoke

Nub3r Whatever
    Years
    Pokemon Ranger! It's fun and not too hard (at least for Almia, anyway). Spinning is familiar.

I also did play Pokemon Trozei, and it was... fine. It wasn't very hard until the last stage.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    Mystery Dungeon Series by far
    I really like the Idea of it
    also I have no idea how many times I've Played through Red Rescue Team

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon! I love actually being able to play as a Pokemon~. Even though you are a human turned Pokemon. And playing the game over and over is so fun!

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    YES! I couldn't put my finger on it since it's been forever when my Gamecube took a dump, but Pokemon Channel was my favorite game on the Gamecube! Yes, more so than XD/Col. I just loved the idea of living with a Pokemon and doing everything with that Pokemon (preferably Pikachu in-game)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series is the best for me. I was disappointed when the three Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games for the Wii was only for Japan. I am still waiting for a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game for both the Wii and the 3DS and I can no longer wait for it.

:t354:TG

Back