• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Storyline

Favourite Pokemon Storyline

• Total voters

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
  • It was a tie between I and V for me..But i picked I since it was the first, and the first is also the best, and the V the one with the hairy chest (switched it up <3). V's was pretty interesting, and most likely the best if you would have it based on the er..enemies? Rivals? Like, two rivals? Epic. I hope the next Gens have that. And Team Plasma? I was actually rooting for N, and you should have been able to figure out Ghetsis, so I was cursing him. I was so sad after I beat N...then insanely annoyed at having to fight Ghetsis right after..Then happy when I thwarted his plans! And gen I was just awesome. So it was a tie, with the tie breaker beeing I came before V <3

Years
  • Gens II and III for me :)

Like others have said, II was a fantastically gripping and involved continuation of the first, and I loved III as well due to the storyline over land and sea, not just pokémon and therefore sort of bringing a moral side/argument to the equation, and having two teams to contend with as well :)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, I like them all...Gen I's storyline is simple yet effective, Gen II is continued on from Gen I, which is good (particularly as I have Hg/Ss, where you even get to battle Giovanni), and battling Lance and the true Champion, Red, is brilliant, and Gen IV is kinda epic, particularly how cold-hearted Cyrus was (and Mars is kinda cutely evil).

However, Gen III wins for nostaliga (first game), having two evil "teams" / mobs, and the region being nice. Gen V's evil team plot is way more detailed than the others, and the whole bit where N decides that he may not be the chosen one, so you should find a legendary as well is also pretty cool. However, the post-E4 plot is rather lacking.

So, whilst I voted for both Gen III and V, Gen III is better overall, Gen V is only better for the evil team part.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Gen 5, -though- the storyline from HGSS (not really G/S/C), cause of the dancing girls kinda made sense, though that wasn't really a storyline idk. :(

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Generation 1 and generation 5. One gets part of my vote for the nostalgia. Even though the story line wasn't well developed, that was okay because video gaming wasn't as far as it is today. Generation 5 gets the other part of my vote because the plot was just awesome and also... cut scenes!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Generation V by far. It is so well thought out. I am a picky writing major so if I think a story is good it's good :P It makes me feel like my pokemon journey is even more worthwhile.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I REALLY loved the Gen V storyline. It was very interesting. There were Characters with an actual Backstory. But the only downside is that Team Plasma didn't have a very good motive. I mean, it's a motive, but I felt it just made them look even more stupid.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Gen V's storyline was much more involved, but I felt that Team Plasma lacked a true "evil conspirator" persona. They had no motive, just a mentally disturbed guy who uses an illegal Hydreigon.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I liked emerald's in generation 3, platinum's in generation 4, but I have the feeling that generation five will be my favorite. I haven't finished the game yet so I'm not sure.

Back