• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Town/City in Hoenn?

Years
  • There are a number of beautiful locations across the Hoenn Region, but which ones do you like best? Where would you like to live if you were in Hoenn?

Towns/Cities
    Spoiler:

Lilycove is my favourite city because there is a lot to occupy yourself with. Plus, you have a beautiful view of the sea around your city and the Safari Zone is just round the corner. You have the huge Department Store where you can get anything and everything you need, along with the Contest Hall where you can enjoy Pokemon Contests. Next, there's a Museum and a Motel where you could go if you wanted to and then to top it off you can hop onto the SS Tidal and be on your way to Slateport if you ever felt the need to go elsewhere.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Sootopolis is beautiful. White rocks, white houses, and a lake? I could live there forever.

I also like Mossdeep, Lilycove and Slateport. The maps are so pretty.

Years
  • I really loved the calm and soothing design of Verdanturf. Too bad it was such a small and irrelevant town for the most part as I'd have loved to spend some more time there and listen to the lovely track that played.

Sootopolis is also amazing and very uniquely-designed with another one of my overall favorite music tracks in Pokemon. If I had to live somewhere in the Pokemon world it would more than likely be here.. what's not to love about being in such a historical city surrounded by water? <3

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I absolutely adore Mossdeep - nice surrounding area, unique foliage, those charming buildings, the space centre, the list goes on. Sure, it's a little isolated from the rest of the region, but that really isn't an issue once you've got Fly access.
    I've also got a soft spot for Fallabor, although I'm not sure whether or not that's just the music wining my favour.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I've always been fond of Fortree! It looks really pretty and I love the whole feel of the town, it's very unique. I'd imagine it would be quite humid living near a jungle but I'm sure I'd manage.

Second and third choices would be Slateport and Pacifidlog! Slateport is a lot more festive and active which would be fun too, and with the beach so close, there'd still be a place to chill and relax when citylife gets too hectic. Pacifidlog partially for the whole novelty of it, and I like how it's all laidback and close to the water.

Years
  • My fave location in Hoenn has to be Pacifidlog Town, since it's very different from most towns and cities in that it lies entirely on the water, and I loved how Humilau City in Unova has a very similar appearance to it.

For routes, my fave has to be Route 117 which is a very beautiful, calm and serene route complete with the Day Care center, and in OR/AS a tree to build a secret base in. Route 113 is also really pretty with the ash.

Years
  • I think my favorite location in Hoenn here would be Mossdeep City. As one on the coast of the sea with the Space Center, and where Steven lives, that one is my personal favorite. Not only that, but it comes with Tate and Liza, who are known for being notoriously difficult in Emerald. Just one place I can think of.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Mauville.

I like how it acts as the "center" of the Western side of Hoenn.

Gameplay wise, I also mention Mauville because it has access to two routes (left and right) that have trainers that can be re-battled often for cash, exp, and EVs (Jr and Sr, the two athletes, the two breeders who bring a full party of 6 mons, in route 117; then the aroma lady and the guitar dude in rt. 118).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Where do I even begin? Haha. Hoenn is one of my most favorite regions out there, to be honest; it's got a tropical atmosphere set to itself, which makes the region seem very bright and vibrant (although it does have a decent amount of dark, rainy areas). All locations that it has in itself are rather unique, and have something special set to themselves for distinction.

Off top of my head, I would say I'm actually quite fond of Fortree City. I don't believe we have ever had a location like this prior to generation three, which, in my eyes, is one thing that makes this place stand out so much. It has a beautiful theme set to the area, and all houses we find here are on top of trees, which, I believe is very interesting. Plus, Winona has her gym here; she's one of my all-time favorite leaders.

Alongside above, I'm also a huge fan of Slateport. Its song is very loud and cheerful; regardless of how much time I spend listening, it never seems to get boring. This place has a lot of things we're able to explore, such as Oceanic Museum, Pokémon Fan Club, Contest Center, Slateport Market, a beach, and much, much more. If I were to live in Pokémon world, this is definitely one of the places I would consider residing.

Years
  • I could go on and on why Hoenn and everything in it are my favorite, but I'll make this simple and list down my favorites, from the most favorite to almost most favorite.

Sotopolis City - So unique, calm, relaxing place with no drama except for the biggest legendary battle in the Hoenn region, I know lol. I'd spend my holidays there probably.

Mossdeep city and Lilycove city- Perfect balance between nature and humans imo, I'd live in one of these places.

Pacifidlog town - love this place

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • Fortree is a place I loved. I still love it. xD It's so peaceful and beautiful there. I would always enjoy going to it. Especially since the routes around it were so beautiful. And the fact that you had those awesome bridges to run across was really fun. :3

I also enjoyed Lilycove because it was the city next to the water. Whenever I would go there, I would always take a while to just enjoy the scenery. Having the Contest Hall there made it so that I could always enjoy doing something. Plus the fact that the evil team hideouts were nearby along with the Safari Zone made it even better.

Years
  • I always liked Slateport City the best. I like being by the ocean, and Slateport being by the ocean won points with me. It has a beach, a port, and its spacious. I always get excited when playing through Hoenn and getting to Slateport for the first time.

I just wish Slateport had its own Gym!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    My favorite was always Mossdeep. Next to the sea, a beautiful place that I just fly there to see it! I am sad that you had almost nothing to do (except for the Gym, that I actually beat with ease, and Steven's Beldum, which is about to be a Metagross now).

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • For me, it's a tossup between Fallarbor and Mossdeep. While living on an island would have been quaint and peaceful, I still hold fond memories of Fallarbor. It's in the mountains, probably has a nice, hot climate, and is located next to none other than a volcano. Works okay for me!

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I think I would go with Lavaridge! It seems like a relaxing place to live. I can imagine myself spending my days in the hot sand and hot springs. I wish I could be there now! :S

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've always been torn between Verdanturf and Lilycove. In real life Verdanturf would probably be beautiful and the fact that it's so clean there is really inviting to me. The only problem is I think it would probably be a boring town to live in. Lilycove on the other hand seems to have lots to do. I like that it's next to the sea and then on top of that it has a port so you could go to other areas in Hoenn.

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years

• Fortree city has always been my favorite!
    I love towns that are just a part of nature. It's so beautiful and scenic, and it appeals to the part of me that always wanted a treehouse growing up haha.
    I also really like that it's always raining in the nearby routes, something that I find incredibly calming and peaceful. I was dead-set on my ORAS secret base being on route 119 for exactly that reason. c:

(Also, the background music for both Route 119 and Fortree city is lovely.)

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Lilycove for me. I always preferred it because the special sales on the mart's top floor made it feel more... realistic maybe ? And in my imagination there was always lots to do here, haha :P.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Slateport, Fortree, Lilycove and Sootopolis, Pacifidlog are my favorite locations in the Hoenn region.

SwagMountain

Where's the chips at?
    Years
  • Verdanturf was always my favourite since it seemed so serene and peaceful, plus there's the contests that make it more fun. It's also cool to me since it's a short distance away from Mauville where there's a ton to do (but I'm not super into living in big cities with all the noise and lights), and also from Rustboro which is another great city that I'd like to live close to with the Trainer School and the gym.

Back