• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Town/City in Hoenn?

Sirfetch’d

Tie between Sootopolis, Fortree, and Verdanturf. The first two are just beautiful to me and who wouldn't want to live there? Verdanturf however is just so damn peaceful. Definitely a place I could call home!

iTreecko

PKMN GOD
    Years
    Pacifidlog

It's a city on water, who wouldn't want to live there? Also, it's an extremely small community so training there would be great! Especially for a GRASS-TYPE trainer like me! With all the water surrounding the area it makes it impossible to escape during a battle! No more runners, they must face my GIGA DRAIN!

On a more serious note, it'd be great to bond with your Pokemon if you're an angler. The oceans are calm, and rapid so an angler would be able to catch several species. Honestly, I rumored since I was young that WALLACE is in fact from Pacifidlog, it would explain his Milotic. Because I caught mt FEEBAS not far from Pacifidlog.

Tamashi_Seishiro

Badoop Badoop Banana Bus!
    Years
    There are a number of beautiful locations across the Hoenn Region, but which ones do you like best? Where would you like to live if you were in Hoenn?

Towns/Cities
    Spoiler:

Lilycove is my favourite city because there is a lot to occupy yourself with. Plus, you have a beautiful view of the sea around your city and the Safari Zone is just round the corner. You have the huge Department Store where you can get anything and everything you need, along with the Contest Hall where you can enjoy Pokemon Contests. Next, there's a Museum and a Motel where you could go if you wanted to and then to top it off you can hop onto the SS Tidal and be on your way to Slateport if you ever felt the need to go elsewhere.

I agree on living at Lilycove. Also peaceful places like Verdanturf.

Years
    Fortree City: I like the idea of living in tree houses and the surrounding areas are some of my favorites in the entire game. Running around just goofing off in the tall grass or building secret bases in the surrounding areas are some of my favorite things to do. In fact, reaching this point in the game is definitely one of the things I look forward to the most. Getting to fight Team Magma/Aqua in the weather institute and the following rival battle are also fun.

Sootopolis: Even though there's not much to do, I think it's a beautiful place. Surfing on the ocean leading up to Sootoplis is another reason I like coming here. Like Fortree, playing around in the surrounding nature is at the top of my list of things to do. Fighting Wallace/Juan can be a pain sometimes, but fun none the less.

Lavaridge Town: The hot spring is probably my number 1 reason for why living here would be fine with me lol. Also, Flannery is one of my favorite Gym Leaders.

Slateport City: It has almost all of my favorite things to do or places. More specifically, the beach and stuff for secret bases. Slateport also looks nice to me so that's another plus. Getting to ride on the nearby Cycle Road and Trick House is fun too.

Years
    Fortree. Houses are built high-up off the ground, which is something I feel would make me safe from burglars and such xD (at least safer than if the building was at ground level). There are a lot of trees around too, meaning that the air is very clean.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I actually liked all of them! :) Hoenn's cities were very unique, but my top favorites have to be these:

I kinda have a bit of a connection with Petalburg City. The music is really jolly and I liked the overall warm atmosphere. When I was much younger, I often played around with ROM hacking and all that, and when I messed up I always ended up warping out to Petalburg from that house at the bottom near the pond, so there's that too, haha. I'm also a fan of the idyllic Verdanturf because it's so beautiful, and Fortree as well especially the fact that it's near Route 119, my favorite route and overall location in any Pokemon game. Most favorite would probably be a tie between Slateport, Lilycove and Mauville for the big city vibe. :)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I love a lot of the cities in Hoenn for different reasons, the spas in Lavaridge, the contest Hall and Department Store in Lilycove, the open shops in Slateport, the list goes on! If I had to pick an absolute favorite, I think it would be Lilycove, though. Verdanturf is really nice too, though.

Years
    I'm surprised at how few people have said Mossdeep. Apart from Lilycove, I've always favoured Mossdeep. It's such a nice island with a space centre, beautiful cave and I would imagine has a great view. Plus, it has a bunch of space and a fair amount of people.

RegdragsPlays

Cyn The Garchomp
    Years
    Even though quite a few have said it, I actually really like Mossdeep City - the fact that there's a beach area near by while still maintaining that "home on the hills" feel really appeals to me. The Gym leader(s) there are interesting - twins that use Psychic Pokemon. Really awesome. Then there's Steven - who knows maybe I can guilt trip him into giving me another Beldum. =p
    I was torn between Sootopolis city and Mossdeep, but I like Mossdeep city just a tiny bit better. Can just go out onto the sea at any given moment.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    I always loved Rustboro actually though Fortree and Mauville were a close second and third. Rustboro really gives off that big city feel that I love. Also Roxanne was really cool to me. Rock is such an underrated type, just takes some skill to use it correctly so i always love rock-type Gym leaders. Lastly its very close to the routes where i am able to get the pre-evolution of my favorite pokemon in the game, Swellow. love training Taillow and finally getting that Swellow, best bird pokemon in the games! (except for maybe a couple legendaries lol)

Years
    There are a lot of unique towns/cities in Hoenn, with Sootopolis (inside a volcanic crater), Fortree (a city built among the trees), and Pacifidlog (a town floating upon thousands of Corsola) being my 3 favorites. Of course, I don't think I'd want to live in any of them in real life, but they're 3 fascinating cities that I'd love to visit if I could.

Bloodmoon92

Banned
    Years
    I'd have to say Lavaridge. Sootopolis a very close 2nd. I've always like how the maps were played out and the surrounding routes and locations. The atmosphere is really just amazing, you feel as if you're in an amazing new world and that's why I play video games to escape the real world.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    My favorite town/city in Hoenn is Mauville City. Lilycove City is my second favorite and Mossdeep City is my third favorite.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I like the unique cities of fortree and pacifdog but I would want to live in lilycove.

I could imagine myself spending every day on the beach, or in the big city.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Mossdeep, Lilycove, or Mauville.

I loooooved the trees and the setting of Mossdeep in Hoenn; it's my absolute favorite city. I was just slightly disappointed with the gym leaders, but hey, they fit the theme of the island. Lilycove just seems like a nice city, and Mauville just because I feel like I spent so much time in that city during my first play through that it's what I remember most of Hoenn. It's iconic for me in a way.

Back