• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Town/City/Route!

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Ecruteak City was awesome. The music and the art of the city really drew me to it, plus all the legendary Pokemon that originated from there. HeartGold and SoulSilver didn't really have many appealing places, though. Goldenrod City was the largest city in the game, but it lacked a lot of special features compared with other big cities in other games.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Hmm, for me it would have to be Ecruteak city because of the music, and that it had that halfway point fell to the game as stated before me. Also because it had the burned tower in it and that was a pokemon 'Landmark' for me. As in a place to be remembered

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    Cerulean City because that is the city I have the most memories of fromt he Red and Blue games. Reving those times, through these remakes was amazing. Plus Misty is my favourite Gym Leader, and she does live there XD.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    Ecruteak is my favorite city in the game, hands down. The architechture is breathtaking, and the twin towers are fun to look at as well.

Sometimes I get this urge to just put down my DS for a moment and admire the city.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    My favorite was Mahogany..Mainly because its really the only city I can remember easily, and everytime I visit im reminded of that one episode(s) in the anime with that one guy..I also like the name..*shrugs*. The routes I dont really pay attention to much..To me its just a road from one city/town to the next, with trainers and Pokes to catch while running/biking along it. I usually keep my music on the DS down because im normally listening to my IPod :o

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
    My favorite cities are still Saffron in Kanto and Cianwood in Johto. My favorite route is Route 13 because of the epic music that plays(especially with the gb sounds on).

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Favourite Town/City: Ecruteak Town. I love the music and the new style.
    Favourite Route: Route 47. With all these ups and downs, the epic music, and all, so lovely.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    It's got to be Ecruteak; it was back in the originals too.
    It's where everything comes together for Ho-oh and the Dogs (Although I'm much more of a Lugia lover myself), and the best area of the entire game for me is Bellchime Trail. SO PRETTY >_<!
    The Japanese style sorta fits in with the Ghost-types, and the very beginning of the music just makes me smile!
    I also have fond memories of the Dance Theater, and as a child I dreamt about the man with the surfing Rhydon...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Blackthorn City for me! I just like walking around there, the gym leader is pretty strong and that's where you find Dratini :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hmmmmmmm. Goldenrod for the music, Azaelia (spelling idek) for the nostalgia and Eruteak (again spelling idek) for the awesomeness - especially at night when the lamps glow. Oh and I LOVE the changes to Violet in HGSS too, especially near the Sprout Tower. On the other hand, Cianwood was ruined imo, because it isn't as mysterious as I would've wanted, idk.

As for routes, I love them all. Though Lake of Rage, as well as the park where you catch bugs are pretty awesome. Why? Lake of Rage for the water/tide effect, and the park because it brings back nostalgia!

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    It's a tie between Ecruteak and Goldenrod.

I remember just walking around in Goldenrod, listening to the nostalgic music when I had Crystal. Plus, it is like, the big city of Johto, it's awesome.

Ecruteak - Awesome music, being able to catch the best Legend ever in the Bell Tower, what's not to love?

Sandshrewiac

Sandshrew Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2011
    Gen 1 Safari Zone. It's where I caught my brother's Kanghaskan. Good times, good times.

But for HG/SS/G/S/C Newbark Town. It's the first time I saw the awesomeness of Generation II.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    My favorite city is Ecruteak City, it's like an Asian place. :P
    My favorite route is the one that connects to the Embedded Tower and Safari Zone. The music is calming.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back