• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Unevolved/Baby Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    Hi guys,

In conjunction with the Evolocke challenge I'm doing on Crystal version at the moment, I was just wondering what are your favourite unevolved/baby Pokemon from the games? (i.e. Pokemon in their basic form, who can evolve)

Myself, I've always loved Growlithe, just cause the idea of having a pet dog that can breath fire has always appealed to me!!

Thanks,
    Rory :t058:

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    My favorite baby Pokémon is Pichu! I've liked it ever since I saw the Spiky-Eared Pichu thing. I also really like Phione. It's simply adorable.

Years
    I really love Azurill and Mantyke, mainly due to being related to Water-types and they are insanely cute. I do love all the baby Pokemon in fact, but my love of Water-types never fails me.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    If you're talking about first stage evolutions, I'm tied between Charmander and Piplup. Charmander breathes fire, is adorable, and is completely gold in its Shiny form. Piplup.... do I need to say anything here? It's so freaking cute. It's insanely cute. I would take one home with me if they existed. I don't care if the majority of them are pompous brats, I still want one.

As for true Baby Pokemon, well, that one's hard too. I have a soft spot for Budew, but I also like Azurill and Cleffa too... and Pichu. Thing's overpowered in Melee.

Years
    Aron is one of my favorite Pokemon, and I definitely like it more than its evolved forms. Outside of that, some of the Pokemon that come to mind (that haven't been said already) are Riolu, Bonsly, Munchlax, Meowth, and Teddiursa.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
    Someone above said Mantyke, and boy did I forget about that cute little thing! Now it's on the fore of my mind and I just can't look past it for my favourite. I used to have a little figurine of it and it was freaking awesome, lol.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Lickitung is by far my favorite. I always thought it was neat and kind of cute. It was my favorite of all the old Burger King trading cards and even inspired me to write a short story titled "Lickitung Steps On Its Tongue" in elementary school. If seven Pokémon were allowed per party, I'd definitely have one on my main team.

Some other favorites include Vanillite, Sneasel, Misdreavus, Tyrogue, Nidoran Male, and Yanma.

Last edited:

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Well, one of my favourite unevolved/baby pokémon is riolu because he looks like a dog, or a fox (so cute).
    Other unevolved/baby pokémon that I love are mantyke (I really like water-type pokémon and this one caught my attention, pretty awesome and cute pokémon), munchlax, teddiursa ( it's a little bear, so adorable) and pancham ( a panda-like pokémon, I love pandas)

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    Unevolved mons?
    So many. Buneary, skitty, mudkip, ralts, gothita, more that I can't remember right off the top of my head.

Actual baby pokemon?
    Pichu and smoochum. Both are so cute~

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
    Out of the baby Pokemon, Azurill and Pichu! They're adorable, and I love mice in general. Other unevolved favorites are Jigglypuff, Porygon, Espurr, and Pumpkaboo.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Among the true baby pokemon, I like many actually. Elekid is up top probably, but also Mime Jr, Magby, Smoochum and Chingling. They are just incredibly cute, and I liked it in the anime when they showed tiny pokemon being able to hold their own thanks to their elemental powers. Size isn't all!

For simply unevolved pokemon, I'm a fan of some starters such as Charmander, Bulbasaur and Chikorita. Especially the latter two, I prefer before their evos.

But also possibly Sneasel before Weavile. In general though, I like evolved pokemon and don't often keep them unevolved. Not sure if they count but middle evos I sometimes like more than the final evos. Dragonair and Flaaffy for example. In fact, in a RP now I have those pokemon and aren't planning on letting them reach their final stage. I'm pulling an Ash ;)

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Any unevolved Pokemon? I already have a hard time choosing my favorites...

My favorite baby Pokemon is probably Smoochum. Cute yet not entirely useless, so good on it! Elekid's cool too, though Magby's line... confuses me with their naturally disfigured heads and duck-esque features. (I assume they take inspiration from Japanese mythological creature #807.)

My favorite unevolved Pokemon I'm unsure of, but I'll give a shout out to Duskull for being the eeriest little cutie ever.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    I love Bayleaf so much. It's design is awesome and It's my favorite in it's evolution line. I like to spell it's name BAEleaf.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2015
    my fav must be Froakie! Though I would consider myself a gen1er I love the Froakie and the lil 2 dots on his nose... it kinda looks like glasses and I think that is cool!

Back