• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Video Game Music?

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Like Shanghai Alice said, World Revolution. ESPECIALLY when you're going against Lavos itself. It is the BEST Boss theme I have ever heard. No exceptions.

Though Beat the Angel from Tales of Symphonia is cool, too. I mean, it's my favorite battle theme from the game.

Years
    Rusty Bucket bay (Banjo-Kazooie)
    Clash on the big bridge (FFV)
    Most songs from the zelda series.

Years
    I have plenty of favourite VGM, mostly of the Super NES and N64 era. The stand-out favourites for me are, in no particular order:

Super Mario World: Sub-Castle BGM
    Donkey Kong Country - Aquatic Ambience
    Donkey Kong Country 2 - Stickerbrush Symphony
    Perfect Dark - Alien Conflict
    Ocarina of Time - Gerudo Valley
    Mario Kart 64 - Rainbow Road
    Street Fighter II - Vega's theme
    Final Fantasy II (IV) - Boss theme
    Chrono Trigger - Corridoors of Time
    Mystical Ninja starring Goemon - Gourmet Submarine Castle (All three parts)

Silmeria

Years
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SinnerFalcon#grid/user/63147FAA573EC732
    I LOVE NieR. Its the best game Square Enix has come out with this year - perhaps the only good one actually, all things considered. The soundtrack to this game is without peer. Almost every track utilises vocals in some way, and I am a complete sucker for dramatic vocals. Cold Steel Coffin in particular is one of my favourites - it gives off such an ominous feeling, and this is just for a village. Song of Ancients - Hollow Dreams is another one of my favourites; after hearing Popola and Devola sing separately, it was awesome to hear them in a duet, and Ashes of Dreams is perhaps the only video game song that has ever spoke to me emotionally. Despite this constant use of vocals, which are usually saved exclusively for boss battles in games, it STILL manages to retain that sense of drama that comes with a vocal track - The Dark Colossus Destroys All is very atmospheric when you're going toe-to-toe with a giant Shade.

Its a shame this game didn't get very much attention, because it easily has the best soundtrack of any game ever, in my opinion~
    I do have other favourites, but...maybe I'll devote a post to them later or edit them in this one once I sift through them all. NieR takes the crown overall, though.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SinnerFalcon#grid/user/63147FAA573EC732
    I LOVE NieR. Its the best game Square Enix has come out with this year - perhaps the only good one actually, all things considered. The soundtrack to this game is without peer. Almost every track utilises vocals in some way, and I am a complete sucker for dramatic vocals. Cold Steel Coffin in particular is one of my favourites - it gives off such an ominous feeling, and this is just for a village. Song of Ancients - Hollow Dreams is another one of my favourites; after hearing Popola and Devola sing separately, it was awesome to hear them in a duet, and Ashes of Dreams is perhaps the only video game song that has ever spoke to me emotionally. Despite this constant use of vocals, which are usually saved exclusively for boss battles in games, it STILL manages to retain that sense of drama that comes with a vocal track - The Dark Colossus Destroys All is very atmospheric when you're going toe-to-toe with a giant Shade.

Its a shame this game didn't get very much attention, because it easily has the best soundtrack of any game ever, in my opinion~
    I do have other favourites, but...maybe I'll devote a post to them later or edit them in this one once I sift through them all. NieR takes the crown overall, though.
    Oh my god I'm not the only one who played NieR. I love you.

Another games that has spectacular music is the Final Fantasy series(VI, VII, and Tactics in particular), Demon's Souls, Lost Odyssey, and Killzone 2. Yes, Killzone 2. It is a gray and brown FPS but it does have a fantastic soundtrack.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Difficult question as I have many video game OST's that I love. Some of my favorites would be:

Tactics Ogre
    Chrono Trigger/Cross
    Megaman X series
    Baten Kaitos
    FFV
    Silent Hill 2
    Super Robot Wars series

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Either PkMn Trainer RED or "Open Your Heart" from Sonic Adventure.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Miror B.'s theme (both Colosseum and XD)
    Super Mario Bros. Underworld
    SMB3 Fortress theme
    SMB3 Hammer Bros. Battle theme
    FR/LG Silph Co.
    R/S/E Maxie/Archie Battle
    D/P/Pt Galactic Commander Battle
    D/P/Pt Champion Cynthia Battle
    "Someday" - Rhapsody, A Musical Adventure
    "Thank You" - Rhapsody, A Musical Adventure

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Can I just say everything from Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2? XD

If I had to choose a couple, then they would have to be "Hurry Up!", "Melty Molten Galaxy", "Buoy Base" and the Purple Coins theme. But really, I have too many favorites.

Other video game soundracks I like:
    Rhythm Heaven
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Mario Kart Wii
    Wario Land Shake It
    Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I have a new one, B/W Elite 4 Battle Theme.
    It sounds completely badass, jus sayin.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I like any music from Squarsoft/enix games. Most notably Final Fantasy series, Parasite Eve, and Xenogears.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Touhou:
    Septette for the Dead Princess
    Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial
    Suwa Foughten Field
    U.N. Owen was her?
    Native Faith
    Till When?
    Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of Sumizome ~ Border of Life
    Necro-Fantasy
    Apparitions Stalk the Night
    Phantom Ensemble
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    Bad Apple!!
    Heian Alien
    Hartmann's Youkai Girl
    Maiden Capriccio ~ Dream Battle
    Love-Coloured Master Spark
    Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke
    Plain Asia
    Maid and the Pocket Watch of Blood
    Wind God Girl
    Mysterious Mountain ~ Youkai Mountain
    Faith is for the Transient People
    Retrospective Kyoto
    God...besides the countless list of Touhou songs...
    Fire Emblem:
    Time of Action
    The Devoted
    March
    Goddess' Rebuke
    Sephiran's Sorrow
    Sorrowful Pelleas
    Goddess of Dawn

Pokemon:
    V.S. Red(HG/SS)
    Champion Battle(all gens)
    V.S. Giratina
    Primal Dialga's theme
    Elite 4(gen 1 and 3)
    Pokemon League(4th gen, it's beautiful)

Riviera:
    Fierce Clash!
    Accursed Combat
    Inescapable!
    The Grim Angel
    Final Battle

No More Heroes:
    Bad Girl's Theme
    Philistine
    Mimmy's Theme(Henry)

EarthBound:
    Pollyanna
    16 Melodies
    Mother Earth
    Pokey means Business
    Battle Against the Masked Man
    The Strong One
    Master Pokey's Theme
    Pokey's Porkies
    Theme of a Bad Boy

lol, that should be all of them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2019
    Is Castlevania's theme music still on anybody's list? It still sounds good even though the game's pretty old :badsmile:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Final fantasy will always be on the top of my list, it's music is just to amazing :D

Although Cynthia's battle from D/PT/P Is quite amazing as well:D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I tend to make playlists out of video game music, haha. Most of my favorite music for games is in Mother 3, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, and Kingdom Hearts II. Mother 3's soundtrack is probably my favorite out of that little group. I'd normally list more, but I just can't think.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    Video game music?

The two games that come to mind are the soundtracks to Halo (Particularly Reach), and StarCraft.

StarCraft II's soundtrack was amazing. Hearing the main title music almost brought tears to my eyes, simply because StarCraft hadn't been touched in years. And hearing the music I loved, arranged that well in orchestral music was awesome.

I prefer Reach's soundtrack to any other Halo soundtrack mostly because as much as I enjoy hearing the Halo Theme, once you play it every third or fourth track, it grows on you. And Reach's soundtrack, in it's minor sounds and newer themed pieces, just made me love the soundtrack that much more.

I also enjoy the Pokemon music, but mostly orchestral opposed to the bit sounds.

MurasakiYugata

Friend of Caterpie
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    I adore a lot of video game soundtracks, but if I had to pick out a single favorite piece of video game music, I'd probably have to go for Into the Darkness from Final Fantasy IV. It's just beautiful....

Last edited:
    Back