• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fear of Death?

Wild MissingNo. appeared!

Red Gyarados fan
Years
  • I am also scared of death like when I was a baby I almost died twice because I was born with a weak lung as I was early very early but since then I've had a fear of dying I still do like when I lost my 6 month of kitten 2 years ago it hit me very hard, since that day It's haunting my mind it still does, but I am 18 with Autism my mother is rarely home because of her mother who my mother has pushed me away for so so long but, we are not getting any younger I know death can be scary it is I love life to give it up now, I want to life forever never die Death can open it's gates to me but I never want to die.. never it's to painful to family..

Last edited:

Charz

...?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2008
    The only thing that makes me worry about it is what it's like after death. To think about it, it is pretty scary to suddenly vanish from existence. You can't feel anything, you can't see anything, you can't move anything, you can't think, you become nothing.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • I have much to live for, yes. And I have a lot I would still like to do during my time on earth. So, I'll do it. Death is a secondary thought at the moment. Of course, when the day comes, there are certain ways I would rather go. Burning and drowning in particular scare me. As for the moment of death itself? That, in a way has a certain academic curiosity for me.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hmm, I kinda think it's like a um...well I do fear it deeeep down inside...I guess. I've never really thought about it, someone my age probably SHOULDN'T be thinking about that yet. I agree, that probably what scares people the most is HOW they'll die, not dying itself, because it's the prospect of closing your eyes and never opening them again, or going through insane pain until you die that's just scary.

Even if I try, at the moment, I can't fear death, because it's most likely quite far away from me, and what with hardships in life, you begin to think things like, 'well, if I get hit by a car, at least all this crap in my life will go away'. But those are things you think before it's really happening, and it makes you less and less afraid of death, and sometimes more welcoming of it. Yes, even at my age these thoughts seep through the young minds of today.

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
  • Chase Leader said:
    The only thing I fear about death is dying in confusion or dying confused. Other than that I don't fear death...the only people who fear death are those that have yet to start living.

What do you mean by dying confused? Like confused about something you could say or do which could lead to some awkward circumstances or something else?
    Personally I except death as something perfectly natural allthough it can be scary sometimes I mean when you're afraid that someone you care about is going to die.. I also think (okay this is going to sound weird but still) that I'mj not going to die just yet.. I know what you're going to say - well how do you know that you're not gonna die just the next moment.. I mean you can get a sudden heart attack (this things really happen I saw it on TV and read about teenagers who were perfectly healthy then just suddenly died because of heart attack o_O) or I don't know some crazy dude hits u with a car etc. but I just kinda have this feeling that all this things just won't happen to me just yet.. and because I'm so confident I don't really think about death.. I mean I have thought about it yeah.. but I'm just not scared of it yet.. I'll worry about it when I'm an old and moody grandma ^^ and I also think that there is no reason to think about death so much and fear it too - in any case.. I mean I know that people fear that the people they care about are going to die.. but linger about that thought and worry about it too much just doesn't make sense (especially for teenagers), at this moment we are living and that is what we should focus our mind on (just like Natsuki said; otherways we'll just end up wasting our lives); how we are going to make our life better, reach our goals, change ourselves to better persons, how to make our friends and family happy etc. so when the moment of your death comes at least you'll know that you're life wasn't wasted in any way and I think even dying wouldn't seem so devastating after that thought now would it ;)

Shorty

Years
  • Death is just another one of those things destined to happen in life. My personal opinion is that, we should only concern ourselves with things in our control because then there's an opportunity for us to do something about it. Since death is far from our control, i'd think it would be irrational to fret about it, but then most human fears are irrational in a way, so go figure. ^_^"

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • I'm terrified of how I am going to die, and death itself. Mainly because after you die, what happens next? Do you get reincarnated? Do you actually go to "Heaven"? There's so many things I want to know, and it really bothers me a lot, because your future is full of nothingness after that. X_x;

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
  • I really hope, after death comes reincarnation. A second chance to live sounds good to me, though it would be kinda pointless if you had to start completely from scratch and learn everything all over again. Nothingess wouldn't be so bad if we weren't aware of it. If we had to be semi-consious and staring at darkness for an eternity then whoa! =O

Wild MissingNo. appeared!

Red Gyarados fan
    Years
  • I'm terrified of how I am going to die, and death itself. Mainly because after you die, what happens next? Do you get reincarnated? Do you actually go to "Heaven"? There's so many things I want to know, and it really bothers me a lot, because your future is full of nothingness after that. X_x;

I agree there Death is to scary for it to happen it's like when your a sleep when you try and wake up whe you can't what then? Life is to nice to give up I've been scared of death since I was a child it's always scared me, but I don't want to die because I am loney my mother pushes me away we are not getting any younger but life's to short to give it up now far to short death will be there but some can still live on I am 18 years old, I love life to give it up now

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    I see why some would be afraid of death, but I don't really think that it's something to be feared. We're all going to go, it's whenever fate chooses, worrying isn't going to stop anything so what would be the point in doing so? Studies prove that worry makes you yourself closer to the brink of death. And besides, I suppose you can always think that death is just new beginning too. But I just think about how it's not good for me to worry. Just live life, for yourself. Stressing and worrying about others does absolutely no good for them or you.

TMR

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    i will take death anyday haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Back