• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featuring......

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
  • Do You Like A Song Featuring Some One? Or Does It make it worse?
    I Like;

• The Meaning Of Peace ~ Koda Kumi feat. BoA
    • That Ain't Cool ~ Koda Kumi feat. Fergie
    And I just Hate ;

• Do You ~ Ne-Yo feat. Utada Hikaru

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Was this thread inspired by something I posted? Lol, maybe Im just being paranoid.

Anyway, when someones whole album is featuring other artists, its a little annoying. Or if a good R&B song as a lame rapper with lame verses on it usually pisses me off.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I really don't think there's any correlation between whether a song features someone and how good it is. :[ Some can be bad, some can be amazing. My favorite songs don't feature anyone though...

Some songs can be ruined, yet others can be improved. Run This Town was definitely improved with Rihanna's vocals, yet songs like Down were ruined. ;<

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • Well, I generally dislike it when credible artists colloaborate with high profile/currently flavour of the moment rappers. Alot of the time it's simply to help sell a song which is good in the first place. I just think that if an artist/label has no faith in the song what-so-ever they go out, find a high profile rapper and stick him in the middle of the track somewhere, it just screams lack of confidence to me. Surely the artist/label must have faith in the song they wish to release, also, there is the money factor, some labels/artists simply do it to line their own pockets, which I also think is terrible. I wouldn't usually say anything negative about GaGa, but I really do dislike Starstruck because of the Flo Rida parts. That song is damn good without Flo Rida coming along and rapping on it in my opinion.

Chelc

Years
  • Some of my favorite songs feature other artists, but I don't think featuring artists determine how good a song is or not. It all comes down to preferences, really. Though yeah, you can tell that some artists work really together, and others not so much, either making the song great or horrible.

One song with featuring artists that is not very good imo is Forever by Drake, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, and Eminem. Eminem just doesn't fit very well with them in my opinion, but maybe it's just me. :<

@RAWR ^_^ I agree so much about Starstruck! Flo Rida did not need to be in that song.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lil Wayne definately knows how to ruin a song. The Remix to Ushers Love in this Club was perfect with the addition of Beyonce until he came in.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Usually, these kinds of songs go well, if the two artists sing the same genre of songs. But seriously, including a rapper in an R&B song or a Pop song is just wrong. These odd combinations ruined what could've been my favourite songs, like "Running Back" by Jessica Mauboy, "Beautiful" by Akon and Colby O'Donis and "Starstruck" by Lady GaGa. Seriously, they've included Rap in these songs when they're supposed to be pop or R&B. It's not right.

Years
  • I prefer it when artists/bands collaborate in the creative process. Under Pressure, anyone?

When someone is simply inserted in another's song I have to ask myself if they deserve credit for the final piece of music. The answer is usually "no." Besides, that's what mashups are for.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i love when artists collaborate - i have so many fave songs featuring another artist;

-"good girls go bad" - cobra starship feat. leighton meester
    -"how do you sleep" - jesse mccartney feat. ludacris [although it's random as hell]
    -"no air" - chris brown feat. jordin sparks [or vice-versa]
    -"american boy" - estelle feat. kanye west
    -"the way i are" - timbaland feat. keri hilson
    -"ayo technology" - 50 cent feat. justin timberlake

....i could go on. x]

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Usually, these kinds of songs go well, if the two artists sing the same genre of songs. But seriously, including a rapper in an R&B song or a Pop song is just wrong. These odd combinations ruined what could've been my favourite songs, like "Running Back" by Jessica Mauboy, "Beautiful" by Akon and Colby O'Donis and "Starstruck" by Lady GaGa. Seriously, they've included Rap in these songs when they're supposed to be pop or R&B. It's not right.

All good examples of bad rap on good songs. The rap isnt really bad, but not needed.

Back