• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Feebas?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No, it has NOTHING to do with the Berry Master's wife. The six tiles can only be changed when you change the popular phrase in Dewford. The six tiles are located anywhere there is water on Route 19. Good luck.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I think Serebii.net said something about it, try searching there, alternatively you could just use a code to get one, don't view it as cheating if you get it in the same area at a modest level.

Hippo

Cookie MOnster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2007
    I think Serebii.net said something about it, try searching there, alternatively you could just use a code to get one, don't view it as cheating if you get it in the same area at a modest level.

Except you aren't taking hours to do it.

Go to route 119 i think. It has a long up and down water strip.
    Theres no way to know where the Feebas tiles are, just start fishing. Feebas are really common, so just do each tile 3/4 times, then move on.
    Do something like
    >>>>v
    v<<<< and zig zag, getting each tile a couple times. You don't have to stand on more than one square to search a tile, after you fish in a square a couple times, move on.

Just remember where one of your squares is, then just fish there when you need one.
    They're random (the tiles) and changing your trendy phrase to the same as someone else won't help. Just don't change phrases or you'll have to start over.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Don't cheat. There is more satisfaction of actually putting in the effort of getting Feebas the right way than trying to justify that your cheating really wasn't cheating when it really was. There is no help on this subject. The six tiles are a simple in-game calculation. Certain phrases will not put Feebas in a particular location. As it was said before, you can have the same phrase as a friend and mix records and it still will not help. Feebas takes patience to get. A LOT of patience, but it is definitely worth it. Milotic is one of the better Pokes in the game.

As for the best method, I would HIGHLY advise against zig-zagging. Start at the furthest south-western water tile and fish 5 times. After fishing 5 times, move one space right and repeat. Make sure to use the Super Rod. With it, you will only encounter Carvanha. This is a great opportunity to do some Atk EV training. Every Carvanha you defeat, your Poke earns 1 Atk EV point. If you equip your Poke with the Macho Brace, it will get 2 points. So you are now killing two birds with one stone. Finding Feebas and powering up your physical attacking Pokes. This way you aren't just wasting time fishing. Good luck!

Last edited:

it_landry

Trainer of Water
    Years
    Thanks everyone, i'll try that... i guess i was asking because my batteries were almost dead, and i thought i had no fresh ones, you all understand that right...

but yeah, thanks for helping me, now that i have fresh batteries, i'll try what you guys said with out worry now.

Last edited:

ck1109

Mew Rules!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    it works best with the old rod. i fished once in every square with an old rod and after 2 hours i got feebas!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No, the rod has NOTHING to do with catching Feebas. You would have gotten it in the same amount of time using the Good or Super Rod.

MrWh00pee

The Magikarp Master
    Years
    Ive found feebas on route 119 after searching several hours for him. I was about to give up then I went to one last spot and threw my line in and there he was. Ive been breeding him and caught as many as I could before the spot moved. He is definatley difficult to find but definately worth the wait. Good Luck on your quest.

Oh and I used the good rod, and the old rod. If you use a super rod youll just fun into a bunch of carvana remember feebas is on the same lvl as magikarp and magikarp anywhere but sootopolis can only be found in my experience with an old or good rod and never with a super rod.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    MrWh00pee, do not double post! If you have to add something your forgot in your previous post, use the Edit button, which is located in the bottom right corner of your post, please.

ck1109

Mew Rules!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    catch lots of feebas when you find the square. after a while the popular phrase in dewford will change without you knowing. its true. i had to learn that the hard way...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I didn't haveto worry about Feebas because my brother found one on his first try with cheating or anything and he caught like 40 of them to trade with other people

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
    Years
    I dont think there is anything your doing wrong. I normally try a tile 5 times with my good rod (not including all the times the pokemon got away). If I dont find it I then move 1 tile away and try again. It may take long but it's worth it. (Even though my Milotic just stays in my box)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    catch lots of feebas when you find the square. after a while the popular phrase in dewford will change without you knowing. its true. i had to learn that the hard way...
    That is not true. The only time the phrase changes is if you do it manually, or you mix records with a different cart.

*pout* i have been hunting for days, and still no Feebas... i have checked the hip thing every day before i hunt, and it hasn't changed, what am i doing wrong...
    Again, it doesn't change. If you have been hunting for days, then you probably aren't hunting properly. If you started at one end of the route, I suggest now to start at the other end. Go to first tile and fish FIVE times, using the Good Rod. Put a Poke in the first slot that you want to EV train in Atk because all you will ever see (unless you come across Feebas) is Carvanha. After five tries, go to the next tile and repeat. Make sure not to skip ANY tiles. If you think you have, fish in there again. It is always better to hit the same tile twice than skip one that very well might be one of the tiles Feebas appears.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    That is not true. The only time the phrase changes is if you do it manually, or you mix records with a different cart.

Again, it doesn't change. If you have been hunting for days, then you probably aren't hunting properly. If you started at one end of the route, I suggest now to start at the other end. Go to first tile and fish FIVE times, using the Good Rod. Put a Poke in the first slot that you want to EV train in Atk because all you will ever see (unless you come across Feebas) is Carvanha. After five tries, go to the next tile and repeat. Make sure not to skip ANY tiles. If you think you have, fish in there again. It is always better to hit the same tile twice than skip one that very well might be one of the tiles Feebas appears.

To be honest I'd use an Old Rod, It will come up eventually, more often than Good rod because on Old Rod all you will see is Magikarps and the odd Feebas.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Sigh. Okay, one more time. The rod you use has no effect whatsoever on catching Feebas. It has the same catch rate regardless of which rod you use.

Also, you catch Magikarp (70%) AND Tentacool (30%) using the Old Rod while using the Super Rod will only net you Carvanha. Neither has an effect on catching Feebas either. I mention using the Super Rod because that is a terrific place to do some Atk EV training while you are searching for that little bugger.

Back