• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Feedback and Help on my Website

Anjoola

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Hey, I've posted here before, and with your feedback, I improved my website.

Here it is: freewebs.com/anjoola/

Hopefully you can tell me about the layout, content, and overall appeal? I don't know if the layout works nicely on other browsers except Internet Explorer, so if anyone has another browser, could you tell me?

I also need ideas on new content. What else can I do?

Thanks for the feedback, and I appreciate it!

- Anjoola

MCAlexandre

Moonspell ~~ <3
    Years
  • I loved your website. The design is great, the color combination is perfect. I didn't like the fact of the right-click disabled, but I understand. >_>; It was disturbing because I wanted to "Save Target As..." on your Midis.

Anyway, I think navigation is very comprehensive, simple, good-looking and user-friendly. The site was so fast that I tought you were using SSI, but you can't be using because you wrote the site in HTML.

Honest opinion: 9/10

Anjoola

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • I loved your website. The design is great, the color combination is perfect. I didn't like the fact of the right-click disabled, but I understand. >_>; It was disturbing because I wanted to "Save Target As..." on your Midis.

Anyway, I think navigation is very comprehensive, simple, good-looking and user-friendly. The site was so fast that I tought you were using SSI, but you can't be using because you wrote the site in HTML.

Honest opinion: 9/10
    Hmm.. I understand too!
    Now I've changed that page so you can download the MIDIs ^^

Thanks for the feedback!

MCAlexandre

Moonspell ~~ <3
    Years
  • Hmm.. I understand too!
    Now I've changed that page so you can download the MIDIs ^^

Thanks for the feedback!
    MIDIs were no problem, because I clicked them and loaded the page. Then, it was just "Save page as..." and it was done. If it wasn't the right-click disabled, probably I would have, at this moment, 2 seconds more of my life to spent, so that's not much, don't worry. :D

I think I'll see the code just to see more deeply how you did the website, so I can say something more. Is there any problem?

Stay cool. ;)

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Layout looks great in FireFox3.

I love how you have the navigation done in the portal pages. It's very good looking.

This really is what a personal webpage should look like. Good job on it :-)

The only thing I might suggest is to try and compress that header image some, it's huge. :x

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • Loving this website. :)

I like the navigation. The way you have presented the content. Everything is perfect. Also it is good to see people adding a credit page to link to those who help and inspire. All you need is a small host plan and a domain.

You would be completed then. :D

Anjoola

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • MIDIs were no problem, because I clicked them and loaded the page. Then, it was just "Save page as..." and it was done. If it wasn't the right-click disabled, probably I would have, at this moment, 2 seconds more of my life to spent, so that's not much, don't worry. :D

I think I'll see the code just to see more deeply how you did the website, so I can say something more. Is there any problem?

Stay cool. ;)

Haha, thanks!

Layout looks great in FireFox3.

I love how you have the navigation done in the portal pages. It's very good looking.

This really is what a personal webpage should look like. Good job on it :-)

The only thing I might suggest is to try and compress that header image some, it's huge. :x

Thanks!
    Oh? Is the header that big? It's good I'm doing this, cause I have a 1600 by something screen so EVERYTHING seems small to me =X

Loving this website. :)

I like the navigation. The way you have presented the content. Everything is perfect. Also it is good to see people adding a credit page to link to those who help and inspire. All you need is a small host plan and a domain.

You would be completed then. :D

Haha I've been looking for a host, but I'm cheap and I don't I have enough content to buy myself a host =)

Thanks all for the feedback.

aRedMoon

Years
  • Oh? Is the header that big? It's good I'm doing this, cause I have a 1600 by something screen so EVERYTHING seems small to me =X
    I mean filesize wise... 96.34 KB

It actually takes time to load for me, so it kinda ehhhs :s

Dimension wise, it's good :)
    Haha I've been looking for a host, but I'm cheap and I don't I have enough content to buy myself a host =)
    /me would be willing to host

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
  • I LOVE it.

It has a very cool mini blogish feel to it. :) And content is useful, not like those other horrid Freewebs sites,

Speaking of Freewebs, that's the only complaint.... that blue banner at the bottom of the page is annoying..... Although your site is small yet useful enough to stay on FreeWebs if you really want (which people don't come across often when viewing Freewebs sites - that's a compliment, btw).

So, yeah, VERY cool website. ^^

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • When I saw your URL I was like, "oh no, not another FreeWebs website". But then I visited the site and was quite surprised by the great layout (I just noticed that only the splash page is on FreeWebs, and the not the rest of the site - that's good). I've been exploring your site a bit and some of the pages don't work - Trainer Banners/Cards, and Games.

Good job and good luck on your website!

Anjoola

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • I mean filesize wise... 96.34 KB

It actually takes time to load for me, so it kinda ehhhs :s

Dimension wise, it's good :)
    /me would be willing to host

Hmm.. I'll see about saving it as a GIF...

Hosting: Really? I won't be able to pay, so I'm not sure you'd be willing to host for free!

I LOVE it.

It has a very cool mini blogish feel to it. :) And content is useful, not like those other horrid Freewebs sites,

Speaking of Freewebs, that's the only complaint.... that blue banner at the bottom of the page is annoying..... Although your site is small yet useful enough to stay on FreeWebs if you really want (which people don't come across often when viewing Freewebs sites - that's a compliment, btw).

So, yeah, VERY cool website. ^^

Haha thanks. Actually I moved my entire website to AwardSpace, but seeing that most people remember the site with Freewebs, I thought it'd be too much of a hassle to tell everything the new AwardSpace link, so instead I just made the splash page at Freeewebs, which links to the REAL content at AwardSpace.

When I saw your URL I was like, "oh no, not another FreeWebs website". But then I visited the site and was quite surprised by the great layout (I just noticed that only the splash page is on FreeWebs, and the not the rest of the site - that's good). I've been exploring your site a bit and some of the pages don't work - Trainer Banners/Cards, and Games.

Good job and good luck on your website!

Thanks, I'll see if I forgot to put up those pages!

Anjoola

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • Sure. That'd be no problem :)
    Wow really? I'll PM you when I'm ready to move O_o

I'm thinking of changing my website's code so that I can use SSI.
    Can someone check this page to see if it works?

anjoola.awardspace.com/test.shtml

Thanks! If it works, then I'm changing the entire website into .shtml files.

aRedMoon

Years
  • SSI is actually nicer on the server. :/

Yeah, send me a PM whenever you're ready to high tail it away <3

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I like the soft colors (even though I don't like Pink). I think you did a great job on it. It is nice and simple for a personal site.

Anjoola

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • SSI is good.

However PHP Includes kick SSI's ass in every way. Also they are just as easy to use.

well when you start filling it up it goes slower

Yeah PHP include is sweet

Haha, now I'm too lazy to switch all my pages to PHP, so I'm staying with SSI! =P

SSI is actually nicer on the server. :/

Yeah, send me a PM whenever you're ready to high tail it away <3

Okay, thanks! =D

I like the soft colors (even though I don't like Pink). I think you did a great job on it. It is nice and simple for a personal site.

Thanks!

Blue is actually my favorite color, but I couldn't find a nebula that was a bluish color, so I was stuck with a pink nebula.

Back