• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

female wobbuffet

matsuko

Alliterating Artist
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    i was almost angry that they just took a wobbuffet and put lipstick on it and called it female. XD

anyone else count this as an epic fail?

omg, and it fainted like this:

female wobbuffet

i swear to god

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    Female Wobbuffet with lipstick have been around since D/P. Just putting that out there.
    female wobbuffet
    (female Wobbuffet D/P sprite as proof)

You can barely see the lipstick, unless you're intentionally looking. This one is all WTF HOLY SH*T IN YOUR FACE. thats the difference

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Haha the first time I encountered a female Wobbuffet I was like this: --> >.> You've got to be kidding me, is that...lipstick?!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • i was almost angry that they just took a wobbuffet and put lipstick on it and called it female. XD

anyone else count this as an epic fail?

i swear to god
    No, I found it amusing, to be honest. It's the only case, and given the Wobbuffet seems to really be just the black tail, and the rest a blow up punchup bag, it isn't too far a stretch to imagine that it indicates its gender to try and fool trainers by going off observation - females tending to wear lipstick.

...but what that does beg the question of is how a Wobbuffet gets the lipstick in the first place... I assume maybe smushed up berries.
    that wobbuffet idea came from the pokemon anime
    I doubt this, tbh, unless such a thing happened in the 3rd gen anime. And even then, they're made by different groups of people, and Game Freak haven't borrowed from the anime since Yellow (case in point - Sevii Islands instead of Orange Islands in FR/LG). It's the anime that bases itself off the games, not the other way around. =p

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Not to worry, it's always that way. Wobbuffet is illogical in herself, so why not make her more?

When I first saw the lipstick, I was like "This is surely the best comedy picture ever!" considering seeing a male and female of the species together.

Years
  • I've always considered the "tail" part of Wobbuffet to be the actual Pokemon as well, and feel much the same way that bobandbill does in that we shouldn't be surprised to give the punching bag body an extra feature to determine its gender.

And maybe it's because I was late to the game in knowing that gender differences were finally added in the 4th gen, but other than Pikachu, Wobbuffet was one of the first Pokemon I noticed that looked different, but I couldn't put my finger on exactly what had changed until the second or third time I saw it.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Wobbuffet is a funny Pokémon and I think the lipstick makes it even funnier. I don't see anything wrong with it. I can see the lipstick as helping the 'tail' with its disguise, fooling people into believing that there's more to the blue body than meets the eye. The female Wobbu are actually more clever ;)

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I always hated that design.... I mean.... where'd it get the lipstick?

Years
  • The female Wobbuffet is a cool addition to the games.. I always get a good chuckle out of seeing her aha. Who can deny the amazingness of this, for example?

It took me a while to notice what was different about the female Wobbuffet in D/P at first since the lipstick wasn't as prominent though, yeah. Or maybe I was blind. v_v

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I had never even noticed the lipstick until this thread. I personally find it hilarious that the female version of wobuffet has lipstick. I think it would even be funnier if the female version had a blonde wig. Wobuffet is often looked own upon as a weak pokemon, when it actually is one of the strongest pokemon of all time imo.

Back