• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FF7 REMAKE CONFIRMED

nundo

Quick! Dance like an eggplant!
    Years
    I know I'm a bit late but.. the trailer gave me so much goosebumps.

Any other people who are FF7 fans too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Probably unpopular opinion: I hope they include that "max your party's level and stats" cheat from the recently released iOS version in the remake.

I wanna play through FF7 again but unless they seriously overhaul the battle system (which, to be fair, I think they did say they intended to do), I'm not sure I like the game enough to do it "legit". When I saw that option was available on iOS, all I could think was "what an excellent idea", so... now I'll be a little disappointed if it's not there in the remake.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Let's not kid ourselves here, the part everyone's most excited for is seeing Cloud dress up like a girl in glorious 1080p. And for the record, the guys at Squeenix said they're gonna be keeping that scene in the remake, even if they might change some other things because Tifa says the word retard and that's no good.

nundo

Years
    Let's not kid ourselves here, the part everyone's most excited for is seeing Cloud dress up like a girl in glorious 1080p. And for the record, the guys at Squeenix said they're gonna be keeping that scene in the remake, even if they might change some other things because Tifa says the word retard and that's no good.

Yup, their cinematics are insane, like always. Gave me so much goosebumps when the music of FF7 kicked in right at the moment we had to see Cloud walking. BUT I already was so friggin pumped when they let us show Midgar in the cinematics. I hope they use the same voice actors tbh.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm looking forward to it! I've only played a few minutes of the original, totally don't understand the hype, but with these graphics and an overhaul I can finally get on board.

pkmin3033

I'm...intrigued. I never cared for FFVII really; it's a downgrade in every way from FFVI for me, which I enjoyed far more. I can appreciate that for it's time it was revolutionary and all that, but I never really understood why people lauded it as such a great title when there were so many better alternatives available even then, and many followed after. It set a very easy standard to surpass. But I did enjoy Crisis Core for the most part, and I'm curious to see how it's going to all turn out. I doubt I'll enjoy it any more than I did the first time, but sure, I'll buy it. Probably. I sat through the FFXIII trilogy, and it doesn't get much worse than that.

I also find the hype to be somewhat hilarious in some quarters as well. The same people who are cursing Square Enix with every breath for their atrocious screw-ups with Final Fantasy since [insert relevant number here] and consistently poor quality spinoff titles, smartphone titles and - of course - delays with the near-mythical FFXV are now expecting them to put everything right with a remake of their most popular title, which is going to bear very little resemblance to the original judging from the interviews thus far. They should be trembling in fear at having their nostalgia bubble burst by a very harsh reality...it's going to be hilarious when the game comes out. The state of the fandom is going to be worse than it was when XIII was first released! I'm looking forward to fan reaction more than I am than the game to be honest~

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I'm worried, honestly. Square Enix's answer to any request for a remake was that a remake of FFVII would be the biggest endeavour they'll ever undertake and they wanted to save it for when they felt fully ready. But why do they now suddenly feel ready to delve into what is likely a make or break scenario for many fans while still making FFXV? In my eyes, it's an incredibly risky move, with one or both games likely being hurt in the process. I wouldn't be worried if it was a remake of say, FFVIII or FFIX. I also wouldn't be worried if the FFXIII saga wasn't so poorly received/remembered. But FFVII is for better or worse considered the flagship game of the franchise, and remaking it at a time where they're also making the 'redeemer' game for the franchise is just very concerning. If either one of them flops it's going to look bad on the other.
    I'd rather they dedicate all their time to finishing and perfecting FFXV and then working on remaking FF7, giving both games the particular and separate attention they deserve.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Fudge yes, man. I played the original AND Crisis Core specifically for this reason. I love FFVII to death. There's not a whole lot more they could do to make the original game better. I mean sure they could add some secret stuff and add in that traveling salesman sidequest... but other than that you can't really make it much better than it already is besides giving the graphics an overhall. Could they ruin it? They certainly could; if they make the battle system nonsensical, censor some things like Wall Market and Cid's smoking habit, and throw Genesis in for some stupid reason that doesn't involve him getting beat up 5 ways to Sunday. But while Crisis Core was definitely different, it certainly wasn't BAD by any means, and thus I have some faith that they'll actually do it right. Even if it isn't exactly the same it's still a remix of a classic, and remixes aren't always bad.

At the very least I am reassured that if they fail, the whole of the internet will set Square Enix on fire with extreme prejudice. People have been waiting for this for a really long time, and they'll cetainly be vocal about what they think when the remake is released.

But really, if Genesis does show up and I don't get to beat the stuffing out of that prick I'm gonna be mad! >_>

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    I'm kinda excited for this. I tried playing the original PS1 game a couple months back, but I'd definitely buy the remake. Can't wait for this and TFS' FFVII Machinabridged.

nundo

Years
    Fudge yes, man. I played the original AND Crisis Core specifically for this reason. I love FFVII to death. There's not a whole lot more they could do to make the original game better. I mean sure they could add some secret stuff and add in that traveling salesman sidequest... but other than that you can't really make it much better than it already is besides giving the graphics an overhall. Could they ruin it? They certainly could; if they make the battle system nonsensical, censor some things like Wall Market and Cid's smoking habit, and throw Genesis in for some stupid reason that doesn't involve him getting beat up 5 ways to Sunday. But while Crisis Core was definitely different, it certainly wasn't BAD by any means, and thus I have some faith that they'll actually do it right. Even if it isn't exactly the same it's still a remix of a classic, and remixes aren't always bad.

At the very least I am reassured that if they fail, the whole of the internet will set Square Enix on fire with extreme prejudice. People have been waiting for this for a really long time, and they'll cetainly be vocal about what they think when the remake is released.

But really, if Genesis does show up and I don't get to beat the stuffing out of that prick I'm gonna be mad! >_>

I hope they use more elements in the game where zack is involved tbh. Cloud looked like such a coward in crisis core. And if they bring Genesis back, hmmm.. it won't be something terrible I guess but i friggin hate his poems of "monsters" and "gift of the goddess". I just hope they don't copy & paste the whole game, even if it is a "remake".

mew_nani

Years
    I hope they use more elements in the game where zack is involved tbh. Cloud looked like such a coward in crisis core. And if they bring Genesis back, hmmm.. it won't be something terrible I guess but i friggin hate his poems of "monsters" and "gift of the goddess". I just hope they don't copy & paste the whole game, even if it is a "remake".

In all fairness we saw Cloud not catatonic in just two or three chapters, and most of the time he was outclassed. He is just a lowly grunt after all. I can't imagine his level was all that high.

As for Genesis... ugh. I can't blame you for getting confused concerning those meaningless words he keeps reciting every gosh dang time he shows up. He's technically reciting a play. A play I can't understand even though it's shown in full in the last chapter of the game. Apparently there's something in it concerning three guys and bad stuff happens and one of the three is imprisoned and rescued by some chick and heck if I know. The fact he's reciting it like he's reading a book in English class doesn't help. It's a PLAY, dang it. You can't recite a play like it's mere poetry. You have to put some theartics in it! If he does show up for... some... reason... the very least they could do is let us beat him up. He's a prick, and an annoying one at that. Even if he does remind me of a certain glitch Pokemon.

But as for the main game, I doubt it'll just be a direct copy-paste. There's all kinds of places that were introduced in other games, and it's likely you'll be able to at least see some of them. And heck there might be secrets put in just for the heck of it. Maybe Gilgamesh might even show up. Who knows?

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    As for Genesis... ugh. I can't blame you for getting confused concerning those meaningless words he keeps reciting every gosh dang time he shows up. He's technically reciting a play. A play I can't understand even though it's shown in full in the last chapter of the game. Apparently there's something in it concerning three guys and bad stuff happens and one of the three is imprisoned and rescued by some chick and heck if I know. The fact he's reciting it like he's reading a book in English class doesn't help. It's a PLAY, dang it. You can't recite a play like it's mere poetry. You have to put some theartics in it! If he does show up for... some... reason... the very least they could do is let us beat him up. He's a prick, and an annoying one at that. Even if he does remind me of a certain glitch Pokemon.

Actually, that play is supposed to be bad, Genesis just loves it for whatever reason. Sephiroth even says it's horrible at one point.

And yes, the game is gonna be different, I'm like 90% sure they said that at some point.

mew_nani

Years
    Actually, that play is supposed to be bad, Genesis just loves it for whatever reason. Sephiroth even says it's horrible at one point.

And yes, the game is gonna be different, I'm like 90% sure they said that at some point.

Sephiroth? Try almost half the main cast; either they haven't seen it or at best it's a resounding "meh." It's almost hilarious that even the main characters aren't that fond of it. Or of Genesis, for that matter. But that's another, very spoiler heavy, can of worms.

Still it would help at least a little bit if some scene chewery was involved. Even a bad play can be improved with a bit of ham. :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2017
    I cannot wait to play it. They said that the battle system is completaly different from the original. We'll see if they don't spoil the game. I hope not.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I'mma say this from the start. This is my personal opinion.
    As I love the original FF7, and it's prequels and sequels. I honestly dont think this "remake" is needed.

As a fan, I also want it, and as a fan I am gonna buy it. But FF7 doesnt need a remake, and yes Nomura and SE has said the only way they will remake a 7 if it surpass it's original. Also im worried, but at the same time its my fanself doing the worrying. Im worried on the changes? my logic self is telling me, they are most likely gonna change the battle system around and other in-gameplay tech, as for story I dont see much is gonna change.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    I go back and watch this trailer now and then. gives me goddamn goosebumps EVERY TIME. fuck the cynics man i'm hyped big time.

Back