• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fifa 11 / PES 2011

Years
    Fifa 11 / PES 2011

Fifa 11 / PES 2011

Pes Gameplay
    Fifa Gameplay

Time for the annual war between these two football games and the annual choice between them for fans. For the past few years, Fifa has been the champ despite PES usually being the more popular..

Anyway, now seemed a good time to post this as they as EA & Konami show both games off at gamescom so a flurry of gameplay videos has appeared on youtube.

So who do you think you'll pick this time around? (Someone will reply hopefully)

I think I may be breaking my usual streak of getting Fifa and get both this year, PES seems really appealing.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    I purchased FIFA 2010 this year and it was okay. I've been a PES fan since PS1, and I do not intend to change that. So, I will probably buy the PES 2011, and maybe try the FIFA.

Years
    I usually buy the Fifa games, even though i've never really tried PES before. I don't really see much difference between them tbh.

Once you play enough games you start to realise all the differences.

The players in PES have looked robotic in recent years and there are always little things people abuse in either game that people find. Then there are always the graphics as well.

Not much difference but sometimes one game is clearly better than the other.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I always laugh at PES and never see why people think it's so good. They're like "They move so realistically" no they don't the feel much to lightweight and like they're walking on air, "The gameplay is just so ftw", I just don't get this argument at all, it's always been choppy movement and feels just so unrealistic compared to Fifa.

As you may have guessed, I'll be getting Fifa.

PES sucks.

Years
    The movement of PES has hardly been anything to cheer about lately, the players have looked like robots because of the movement.

It all looks fixed for this year's game though.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    The movement of PES has hardly been anything to cheer about lately, the players have looked like robots because of the movement.

It all looks fixed for this year's game though.

Yes, you're right about that and Fifa does look more realistic. PES is going to fix this in its next version, hopefully. PES sometimes also have name errors, sound bugs..but I like it anyways xD

Years
    Yes, you're right about that and Fifa does look more realistic. PES is going to fix this in its next version, hopefully. PES sometimes also have name errors, sound bugs..but I like it anyways xD

Yes, who could forget Sunderland's good centre midfielder Lee Catermole?

I can't wait for the two demos to come out.

Years
    I remember playing PES back on the PS1, but haven't seen it around here lately. I've always enjoyed the FIFA series, and I play the games each year (although I haven't actually owned a copy since 06). I've been thinking of picking up FIFA this year, but I might try the PES demo when it comes out to see how it is in comparison.

Years
    I'm praying that PES is back on form. Haven't really liked a PES since 5 (Though I love diving in the newer ones :D), and have got the last two FIFA's over PES.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    Get Fifa 11, the gameplay is so much better, I switched to Fifa after playing Pes 2009 and I was happy with my decision, I'm never going to play Pes until they get fully licensed teams and improve gameplay.

Last edited:

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Fifa has the best graphics, best gameplay and this year there is this program you can download to create your own team and every aspect of it <3<3<3

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I've always picked up a copy of Fifa and this year I see no reason to switch. I'll probably not get the game straight away, seeing as I'm saving up for Black Ops, Halo: Reach and Bioshock 2 but I'll get it within two weeks of release, hopefully.

Years
    Anyone got Playstation Plus, as the PES 2011 demo is out as an exclusive for now?

Unsure on the 360.

And for anyone that cares, Gamesmaster UK gave FIFA 11 94%.

Years
    FIFA is way better.
    Except in the Nintendo Wii.

The wii version this year is hilariously bad.

Anyone got Playstation Plus, as the PES 2011 demo is out as an exclusive for now?

Unsure on the 360.

And for anyone that cares, Gamesmaster UK gave FIFA 11 94%.

PS getting the demo early annoys me. There may not be an xbox demo now.

Oh and the achievements have been announced for both games, PES has about three new ones and Fifa have also kept alot of the old ones.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/fifa-11/achievements/
    https://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/pes-2011/achievements

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I'll probably get Fifa like I always do. I've only played PES once but didn't like it... I may try the demo though just to see if much has changed.

Back