• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Gen Features

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
Years
  • My favorite features were the seasons and unbreakable TMs! Also I really loved how for the main part of the game, it featured only the new Pokemon and Pokemon from previous generations didn't appear until later. It really made me feel like I was able to spend time with and get attached to the new Pokemon.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • Seasons- very interesting to how the region looks each season. it's a shame this was not kept in gen 6 maybe gen 7?
    Reusable TM's- thank you Game Freak this is a god send please keep this in future gens
    Hidden Grotes- you never know what cool stuff you might find, please bring this back in Gen 7 Game Freak.
    Dust clouds in caves- You can sometimes find the elemental stones if you are lucky, again please bring this back in Gen 7 Game Freak

Years
  • Also I really loved how for the main part of the game, it featured only the new Pokemon and Pokemon from previous generations didn't appear until later. It really made me feel like I was able to spend time with and get attached to the new Pokemon.

This was what I enjoyed most about the original Black & White. The fact you have a completely new roster of Pokemon with nothing from earlier games helps you get accustomed to them, such as their types, abilities and moves. I know people tend to bash their designs but I actually love how awesome most of the designs of these Pokemon were, and it made my gaming experience so fun.

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
    Years
  • If region maps as a whole count for something, then I'd definitely give that a mention. I think Audino also was an interesting feature, aiding those who have problems with grinding (as I do on days of poor health) to gain EXP without necessarily letting anyone breeze through the game.

Something else that I appreciate looking back is the fact that it felt like it could appeal to a larger demographic, considering that the plot could be considered a bit darker in comparison to, say, Gen 1. It did, however, keep the mood decent with the rivals and the soundtrack, which was incredibly fitting. I did make a thread about that, but I feel like promoting it would be a bit unnecessary. The repel mechanism and the recyclable TMs were really convenient, and I think that proved a lot less of a headache for gamers of any age.

Back