• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fight Klub.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    i...really don't see much "revolutionary" about this yet...especially since they don't speak a single thing about gameplay besides the "it'll take only 15 minutes to play" (though how you could take 15 minutes over 40 cards is beyond me, i would have to assume there's little or no strategy involved). distribution isn't revolutionary, it's the gameplay that makes something good

the invitation only thing is also a bit of a turnoff, sure its fine if you're one of those first 6000, but thinking about it, 6000 isn't much, especially when they're talking about having a worldwide marketplace. then as far as the mentor thing goes, it just seems like a way to leech money off other people. that also seems to be the only point they're going at

Kilos are overall kind of...wasteful, sure the box looks appealing, but the overall idea of the kilo isn't very solid. It's obvious that the kilo itself isn't being sold at 2.99. assuming it takes a cost of about $30, smack in the shipping of $4.95, and you get $35. a good reason Magic fat packs are popular is because it comes with more than just cards. you get a rolldown dice(or life counter), 2 boxes to hold cards, the checklist with spoiler, a corresponding book, and of course, the packs. i would honestly rather buy individual packs than buy in bulk, and if we're talking about competitive pricing in bulk, $90 over 36 packs = $2.50 per pack.
    (this is, of course, disregarding the kilo for the first set, which includes all the cards (but seeing as it's only a starter set anyways...)) I'm a booster pack-type person, so i really don't buy in bulk much anyways though

overall the concept itself is interesting, though for a 15 minute card game, i don't think i'd be getting any further than the first set (just to try it out)

Last edited:

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
  • ok...heroes and villains are ok...but taken from movies...sounds abit uncreative...

about the price...digi-kun is more than right...in germany the price for one mtg-booster starts at 1.50€...sorry i dunno the change-course for $...

well the site lacks of game-information, it looks more like a economy project from students

for me it´s dead before birth.

Lynxz

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    ike many other cards, to represent a moment in the storyline. Visible in the art are Teferi (famous as Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, but also seen on older cards such as Teferi's Moat) and Urza (also featured on Urza's Guilt and Mind over Matter, among others

Back