• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FIGHTING GAMES!

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
  • Talk about fighting games here! :3 I wasn't sure if i should make this an 'arcade' thread or not, since these are usually arcade games, i guess, but hah xD

I know it seems different from my typical game threads, but hey, i'm not known as a Korrina fangirl for NOTHING, ya know? :P

I've always been pretty good at fighting games, really. I used to battle my brother on Marval vs Capcom at the game room a lot. Also, i've watched him play other fighting games often on his sega systems. :3 I liked seeing all the neat martial arts moves in these games! They're fun! Whenever I vs him, we both put up pretty good matches with each other. I like playing as girls/cute characters in fighting games most. Of course~

Also, my all time favorite fighting game is probably super smash brothers melee xD I've played that game sooo much. I never vs my brother on it anymore though. He doesn't see the appeal in it as much :P

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • The Super Smash Bros. series are my favorite fighting games ever. Probably because they're the only ones I've legitimately played, they're crossovers of popular and not-so-popular games alike, and they're a fresh of breath air for the genre. Plus, they're pretty easy to learn.

Skullgirls is also good

Years
    • Online now
    Smash Brothers, since I can play it at a tournament level, and I've fought a few people who play it for a living (never ends well for me)

Other than that I play fighting games and button mash

Years
  • I used to play a few when I was younger but I figured out that outside of a few games, I just don't enjoy playing them. I love watching them, but you won't catch me playing them.

pkmin3033

Ugh, this genre. I *loathe* this genre. With the sole exceptions of Super Smash Bros. Melee, and the PSP Dissidia titles, I have never enjoyed a fighting game. It's just one of those genres - along with sports and puzzle games - that I just can't get into, despite the fact that I am not wholly averse to complex button combinations and I've loved the music of some series, like Blazblue. It's just...not my thing, I guess.

Years
  • Hello - fighting games enthusiast here! I play competitively, have attended a CPT event and much more! I absolutely adore most games within the genre itself, however a top 5 would be...

1. Street Fighter Alpha 3
    2. Capcom vs. SNK 2
    3. Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
    4. Tekken 5
    5. Super Smash Bros. Melee

All about the crazy execution characters where possible, I love the several layers the genre itself has when it comes to things such as okizeme; it's fun to scoff at people who think it's all about pressing buttons at any form of serious level, haha.

Years
  • Surprised no mention of Dragon Ball FighterZ here! But honestly, I haven't bought the game yet though I have been meaning to get into it. And like a lot of people here, Melee is like my life when it's fighting games; I love the fast tech-filled gameplay.

Not a big fan of most fighters because a lot of them feel like infinites which I despise in fighting games. This part is kinda ignorant cause I don't know a lot about other fighters other than some clips like BlazBlue, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, MvC etc.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I play a lot of fighting games and enjoy playing them. Whilst I am not particularly 'good' at any of them (I play for fun) I find them a good way to unwind. I play Smash Bros too but don't really count it as a Fighting Game.

My main characters in each series:

Street Fighter - Rose/Cammy
    Dead or Alive - Helena/Ayane
    Tekken - King/Asuka
    Marvel v Capcom - Morrigan/Captain Marvel
    Smash Bros - Peach/Lucario

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Been a massive fan of street fighter and tekken for years. Loved the older marvel vs capcom but can't stand infinite.

Street fighter main: Ken
    Tekken: Jin
    MvC3 Dante, Vergil, Wesker

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Brawlhalla (its like Super Smash Bros, its free, serious warrior characters, no pay 2 win)... & Under Night In Birth Exe Late (its like Blaz Blue/Guilty Gear but without silly characters, stupid movements, or throwing of ridiculous objects, pratically a 100% serious Arc System Works anime fighting game)

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Years
  • Hmn, its fun to give likes in this thread :3 Everyone's posts are so INTERESTING.

I love that the smash brothers series is also very popular here. Though, it doesn't really surprise me TOO much, I guess; this IS a forum for a nintendo series :P

Smash Brothers is fun to play with a sporty mentality. Like having matches for the sake of seeing the characters compete. I sort of see fighting games as sporting games overall. Probably part of why is cuz Pokemon is sports ish IMO, and pokemon battles are a huge part of how Pokemon is played xD Even now, I can't help but think of pokemon as 'team mates', rather than 'pets'; even if they were kind of some of my earliest ANNND overall largest 'animal taking care of' experiences before Simba came into my life lol

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to play all kind of fighting games on the SNES while the street fighter series was my favorite one. In the PSX era, like most people, i was really hyped about the 3D fighting games, especially Tekken. I remember street fighter losing quite some popularity back then because their own first attempts on 3D weren't very successful.

10+ years later and with the release of Street Fighter 4, things changed. I was fed up with the original 3D fighting games like Tekken and going back to the typical 2D fighting games gameplay while having nice 3D graphics was a breath of fresh air.

LadyJirachu

Years
  • I may want to play Tekken sometime if I can ever get ahold of it after reading the posts in this thread! XD Must be pretty fun if everyone keeps talking about it :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Tekken is: "continue to keep the enemy in mid-air while you hit him always with the same two-three attacks"... I prefer the Arc System Works games, they have a good combo system and the anime style graphic its simply the best... Ah and I prefer Brawlhalla than Super Smash Bros...

Last edited:
    Back