• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fighting Games!

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    I recently got Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (for $8 at a video outlet, as opposed to $25 at Gamestop!). It's a lot of fun, and I enjoy playing characters that aren't in MVC 1 like Shadow and two versions of Sakura (one that fights astronomically different than other iterations, and one that plays like the other ones, dubbed "Dark" Sakura in America but Sunburned Sakura in Japan, which also has the Shungokusatsu). Mech-Gouki is a lot of fun to play as, but as a character he just ruins Gouki.

Raiyna

I'm coming back! ♥
    Years
    SSBM- Roy ruuls all^^ (and sont say that marth is better cuz hes not!!><)
    Tenchu-its a feudal japanese game, and it may have a stpry line, but its got so much blood and decapitation its too good!!!XD

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Marth DOES tend to outclass Roy in many ways. Roy doesn't 'ruul' all, really.Accually, Roy can be 'ruul'ed by quite a few people.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    The S said:
    I recently got Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (for $8 at a video outlet, as opposed to $25 at Gamestop!). It's a lot of fun, and I enjoy playing characters that aren't in MVC 1 like Shadow and two versions of Sakura (one that fights astronomically different than other iterations, and one that plays like the other ones, dubbed "Dark" Sakura in America but Sunburned Sakura in Japan, which also has the Shungokusatsu). Mech-Gouki is a lot of fun to play as, but as a character he just ruins Gouki.

Nice find...hold on to that!

I'm actually surprised they weren't included in at least MVC 1, I would definatly think that Sunburned Sakura would be playable... but isn't her form playable?.. Ah maybe it was the same game.. this was a while ago.. XD

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    With the power of emulation, I have all Capcon vs. series, except Marvel vs. Capcom 2. T0T Anyway nice find, The S! XD

Has anybody played PowerStone? =3 I haven't but my friend has it. Is it good? =3

Super Smash Bros. Melee = Pikachu, Dr. Mario, Samus, Falco own all! X3

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2005
    Fighting Gmaes in into: All time favourite SSBM

KOf Series

SF Series

Tekken series

are my most favourite, but i have quite alot of games that i play nonstop so yeh

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    Jeremy said:
    With the power of emulation, I have all Capcon vs. series, except Marvel vs. Capcom 2. T0T Anyway nice find, The S! XD

Has anybody played PowerStone? =3 I haven't but my friend has it. Is it good? =3

Super Smash Bros. Melee = Pikachu, Dr. Mario, Samus, Falco own all! X3

Power Stone is definatly a good game, its one of the more enjoyable fighting games where playing with someone makes everything a lot better because of the craziness of it all.... just like SSBM XD

But Power Stone 2 is where is really at, up to a four player co-op adventure mode= Gaming Bliss

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    Tenchu-its a feudal japanese game, and it may have a stpry line, but its got so much blood and decapitation its too good!!!XD

Tenchu is not a fighting game. Yes, it DOES have fighting in it, but its genre would be classified as stealth-action.

These are what we're referencing as fighting games.

Thanks! But from my experience as a game collector, having the ROM isn't quite the same as owning a game. There have been many instances when I obtained a ROM on my computer, then went out and bought the game because I liked it so much.

Power Stone is a lot of fun. However, I wish that they went into some detail with their character's backgrounds and overall stories. Very unlike Capcom. Overall, though, in 3D 4-player brawlers, I prefer TMNT Mutant Melee, however.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    Well, I went into work to pick up my schedule yesterday, and guess what I found there? Tekken 1, and Rival Schools! Man, I have been looking for RS forever! ^_^ Now if only I could find Project Justice...

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    Yay! I got Soul Caliber III 2 days ago! XD
    It's great, proberbly the best fighting game ever!
    You can create your own charatcer and there's so many options and characters AND things to do! *bows down the disc*

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    I'd like to get Soul Calibur III. But they give me, like, no hours over at work. Totally blows -_-

Oh, and if this is considered Necroposting (it's been less than a month since the last post, but 'tever), some mod can just close it and I'll make a new topic.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    The best fighting game I ever played has to be Soul Calibur 2. I have been addicted to that game a long time, and I still play it once in a while.
    I've heard SC3 is good, maybe I'll get it since the second part was such a succes in my opinion.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    I'm one of the few that actually prefers Namco's other fighting series (Tekken) to Soul Calibur. Not that I hate SC, mind you.

Did anybody ever find a reason why SC 3 was only released on PS2?

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    That was kind of strange how Namco released SCII on all the consoles, but SCIII was a PS2 exclusive.. they could have boosted SCIII much more if it was on all the systems. What it offically was though, is that Sony and Namco made arrangements to make it a PS2 title only...

Last edited:

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    innuendo said:
    Hmm I play in Tekken ( all serie ) all the time. I love Kazuya Mishima. Tekken 5 ( now ) is wonderful :)

I loved Teken 3 but Tekken 4 was horrible, I haven't got Tekken 5 yet, but I heard it's a lot different than the others.

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
    I have to say either Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, or Marvel VS. Capcom 2 and believe me, I always have been a huge fan of fighting games ever since the SNES days.

Samuri Scearious

Alone in the World.
    Years
    The very very old and ancient Mortal Combat.
    The Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur series.
    Super Smash Bros.
    Tekken 1 & 2
    Street Fighter

All good fighting games that I have played.

Back