• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fighting type: Machop or Tyrouguo

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2015
    I want a solid fighting type for my Crystal run, and I traded an Abra for a Machop ( I had two Abras) but soon after my daycare egg hatched into Tyrouguo ( might have spelled that wrong). So, I'm left with a choice because I only want one or the other. Should I train Tyrouguo until he evolves into one of his three evolutions, or should I train my Machop ( it has the ExP boost from the trade).

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Well, you'll never get a Machamp unless you trade again. That could be a pretty big determining factor, as Machamp has the greatest potential of the pure fighting types at the point of this generation. If you can trade to get Machamp, then I'd go for that.

BUT

Hitmonlee is my favorite Pokemon and I think it has an overall higher damage output, but is very much a glass cannon. Hitmonchan is nice for his elemental punches, but they're all special attack moves and Fighting-types at this point have negligible SPA. Hitmontop in my opinion has no viability.

SO you probably want to go with Machamp for old times sake. OR pick up a Poliwrath!

Back