• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Destiny

Years
  • GAME NAME: Final Destiny

MADE WITH: Rpgmaker XP, English only. (Unless someone wants to translate the full version when its complete(yes it will be that good))

INTRODUCTION:(Also my game's overview story, and still thinking of how to fit it with the original)
    Seth, Sephiroth's son, goes about on a journey to find answers on what his
    father did, finding jenova before Sephiroth does, and many side quests on
    the way. He starts in a new world, full of mysteries and manevolent
    upcoming people. Many adventures await Seth as he travels the world of
    Balaar, where tough times and challenges await. He will travel to various
    places meeting new people and finding out the mystery that lay before
    his father, and everything about him, and Jenova.

Basically, this is a video game sequel to Final Fantasy 7, except, that you control Sephiroth's son, (Fictional Character).

STORY: Okay, I had to change this, as I was incorrect in writing the previous storyline of Final Fantasy 7, so I read as much as I could, and compiled everything here for those who havent played Final Fantasy 7, or just want to reference back to it.

Final Fantasy :: The Last Order
    Spoiler:

Final Fantasy VII
    Spoiler:

Final Fantasy :: Advent Children
    Spoiler:

Final Fantasy :: Dirge of Cerberus
    Spoiler:

.:FEATURES:: There are a few nice features, and I am thinking of more along the way, and would like some people to reply with ideas!

.:Materia System::<---New! If you played FF7, then you know the Materia System, as it is a unique way of distributing magic and other abilities among party members. Basically you equip these materia onto slots in your weapons, or armor or whatever, and the user can use the magic stored into that materia, and when gaining experience, the materia will grow much stronger. For example, let's say you equip a Lightning Materia to your weapon, then you will be able to use thunder magic, and your weapon will have the atribute of thunder on it.

.:Trading System::You will be able to trade items with different people, to get items you need to trade with other people, and then you get more items, until you find the final person to trade, and get an awesome item.

.:Quests:: Well, this IS self explanitory, but I will explain. There will be rooms with teleporters, (In Trader's houses) and when you get an item they need, they will open a portal, and you can go on a tough quest that will reward you greatly in the end, and there will be many of those types of quests, lets say... around 30? Sure, okay, 30 is the minimum number of portal trader quests. Other quests you will activate by talking with people, and doing what they ask, to continue the quest.

.:Secret Characters:: Many secret characters, including Squall, and some more, about 4 or 5 secret characters, each, with their own special class, and skills upon leveling up.

.:Day and Night System:: I'm going to try to implement the day/night system, but, I havent really learned anything about puting scripts in rpg maker, soo... I will try to learn that, and once I do, I will be inspired enough to put more features, until then, these are all for now.

SCREENSHOTS: Okay, time for screenies, I don't have much, but these will do.
    Spoiler:

Alright, that about raps it up, I plan on working on this game by myself, but, any requests I make, I will give credit to whoever submitted them.

Well, I guess I will make my requests now,

I kind of need the battlers for the following weapons from the Final Fantasy series:
    Ultima Weapon Battler
    Spoiler:
    /Sprite
    Omega Weapon Battler
    Spoiler:
    /Sprite
    Emerald Weapon Battler/Sprite
    Sapphire Weapon Battler/Sprite
    Diamond Weapon Battler
    Spoiler:
    /Sprite
    Ruby Weapon Battler
    Spoiler:
    /Sprite
    Seth Battler
    Spoiler:

Thats pretty much all I need at the moment, and, if someone wants to make a title screen, PM me, and I will give you the details on how I would like it.

I will update at least once a week, and I promise to release a Beta by January 1st, (My new years resolution) and a christmas present to everyone who plays it.

Hope people will support it, and give ideas, please!
    Thanx,
    yours,
    Jake, Raz~

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    YES!....I'm first to post!....I ran here as soon as I heard the news Razmaster.:D This looks really cool to play bud. I wish you best of luck on your game my friend. Best wishes buddy:)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, you made it first post!! Gratz!! And thanx, Umm.. how do you put text into code? Cuz, I think the very long story is intimidating.. eheh

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • Code:
    -[/code ] (Without the space)
    The game looks alright, nice to see something other than Pokémon games being developed.
    The text box is very blurry and ugly, you should change it. Also your mapping is a bit spacious, either fill up the map with more scenery or make the map smaller. Your inside mapping could also use some work, buildings are not all one block, try adding some rooms,dents and more stuff on the walls.
    Try not to use too much RTP stuff as it makes the game rather repetitive, recolors of the RTP tilesets in different citys can make all the difference.
    Good luck with the game anyway.

Years
  • Umm thanx for the advice, Im still a newbie at mapping, (sort of) but im getting better, anyhoo, I only changed the text box to see what it would look like, forgot to change it to something else, but I do plan on changing it, (graphics on my computer suck due to it being a 98 and all) THanx for the advice, it is truely appreciated!

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I have to agree with Dashiel... the mapping is not THAT good. I prefer to make houses smaller and have them very very
    full of details (not too much, though).

Always good to do new chipsets and vary your game a little.

About the story:
    I thought Advent Children was FFVII's sequel (correct me if I'm wrong)...

Years
  • err... well, movie wise, game wise, no, lol

[Edit] btw, I didnt know how to make smaller maps, as, 20by15 was the smallest, until I seen a map that was tiny inside, so.. I will have to change that.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Oh, you were doing a sequel to FFVII, Razmaster? (That reminds me of my never done sequel a few years ago for RPGM2k, which kinda generated my nick, jojo!, I made the player control Cloud and Tifa's son, instead)

It's gonna be interesting seeing a non-pokemon game being developed between so many pokemon games! Good luck to you, Raz!

Years
  • Thank you Zel, I appreciate the support, as I have never done this before, (post my game) and good luck to you to Zel!

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Yeah, that's so true. Alot of people have been making Pokemon this and that, I like something new every once in a while. I'm still a Pokemon fan though of course:D Anyway, I like the game you're making bud, looksand sounds very sweet. This one non Pokemon game I'm looking so forward to.

Years
  • Thank you, it may look like nothing atm, but, it will turn out good ^^

P.S. Since I only have school for 3 hours a day, and 4 days a week, then I will probably work on this a lot, (along with tibia) and I should release a beta by january 1st. but, it will only be a beta soo.. dont get your hopes up TOO much.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    this look sgreat but i thought dirge of ceberus was the game sequel to FF VI and you played as vicent but still looks great can't wait for more

Years
  • Alright, I changed the first post, just the original story, and the two stories of ff7, and ffac, so.. if you havent played or need reference, then go there.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Woah buddy, that's alot of words! And I like the new screens you added. I'll be sure to check this out everyday for sure. Keep at it my friend!

Years
  • Thank you, I will continue this project until its finished, even then I will look back on it and update it everynow and then, I just hope it gets popular, that'd be kewl, xD

Anyhoo, off/on topic, I plan on leveling to level 40 on Tibia, (mmorpg, if you play, play Trimera, *cough *cough) and then I will work the rest of the day on it, and ill see if I could post some more screens of mapping today. Thanx for the support.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Oi, Cool lookin game there Raz. Never played FF before..a s you know (flashback to 10 minutes on MSN) XD

Anywyaz... can't wait to try it out.. looks pretty cool, actually..

Years
  • Alright, first post is edited to include the begining of Dirge of Cerberus, and a new feature, plus some more requested help, xD

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    i just read the storyline for this and it's not that great at least not as a sequal to ff7 maby if you remade ff7 and changed the keyparts of the story to fit in with your storyline first then this would be good but otherwise i can see that many diehard final fantasy fans like me will be able to enjoy your game to the full

Back