• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I am super excited for this installment. I know its a rehash, but for me it doesn't really take away from the excitement. I missed my chance at playing 11 due to not being able to afford to play online MMOs and never having a decent computer to run the game.

I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for my Beta Test code to be emailed to me. One of my friends said they should be handed out tonight/tomorrow morning since the next test is supposed to start on the 8th.

I started to do research on the game since I can't stand going into games completely blind and would like to know the basics before I start playing. I started watching some youtube videos on some beta testers that were allowed to post content.

Anyone else here planning to play A Realm Reborn? What are you shooting for?

I'm looking towards a Roegadyn and eventually becoming a summoner since I have some control over stat distribution and Race and Class really don't have much influence on how you choose to play.

See you guys in Eorzea~

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I don't know that much about the game, but, heck, it does look interesting!

Gods - The Miqo'tes remind me so much of the Laguz from Fire Emblem, so, I'll shoot for those if i ever get to try out the game~ Beyond that, I have to think about, haha.

Years
  • I don't too much about it, but it's looking pretty nice. I hope it turns out well because XI and the original XIV have left bad marks on the history of FF so hopefully this can turn it around.

I'll be playing it on PS4 when and if I purchase one. The quality of the end product will probably determine whether I actually play it considerably or not.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • I haven't looked into it much either (though what I have seen of it was interesting), but I definitely haven't had a shortage of e-mails coming from Square-Enix about its coming. I'm really glad they're coming out with this, though, as I have my hands on a great PC for gaming. Plus, a Final Fantasy MMORPG, regardless, gets me stoked. It would be awesome to see it being moddable...there would be a huge amount of possibilities. I'm just basing this suggestion on nothing, so that may be impossible.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I've participated in the beta tests although I don't know much about the previous online installment. FFXIV:ARR plays like a western MMORPG such as RIFT or WoW and it features the ability to use multiple classes depending on what weapon you have equipped. I didn't spend too much time in the game, so I don't know every specific detail, but my time playing the beta was well spent and very enjoyable. However I don't like the fact that it has a $15 online subscription when I was told previously that it would not have any subscription whatsoever.

Years
  • I've actually watched a surprisingly large amount of FF gameplay even though I don't possess any of the games, though I have been meaning to splash out on the collection of them because they look so darn fun! And from what I've seen and heard about this game it looks far from disappointing, and will probably decide if I buy the rest of the collection.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I played the original FFXIV briefly, and while I didn't find it terrible I was pretty... lost? There didn't seem like there was clear direction after the first few bits and I kind of just wandered around.

It is pretty, sure, but I feel like the problem with these games is there is a lot of commitment and it probably won't be worth it.

Buying, huge download (whole/patches) and monthly installments? I feel like I can get an equally good game for free.

//

Just watched a beta video. If it didn't have the monthly fee I'd be all over this :(.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Started my open Beta today. Its amazing so far. Controls seem a bit wonky to me since its not a mash button to attack kinda game like DCUO. WhenI find out how to take screenies I'll add some pictures since the privacy clause isn't as strict this go round.

We're supposed to be stress testing the server for housing. Once I get that far I'll comment on it.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • I love FF but when a subscription is involved, I guess I'll have to watch the game on youtube through a walkthrough XD;

Years
  • Let me be one to say that after spending some good time with the Beta, it's worth the $14.99.

And I hate P2P, for the simple fact that I'm broke. But this game is...it's something else.

Since we're talking about this, we're gonna have to make this into the official thread once the game drops.

Back