• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy IV, Anyone?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    You forgot to mention that the game is supposedly going to be harder and more unforgiving than ever before (as claimed by Nintendo Power). Supposedly there will be bosses that you will fight multiple times until you learn how to deal with them, because you can't use the same strategies as before. Of course, this is all according to Nintendo Power (a magazine) so who knows how much of it is accurate.
    This sounds even more interesting :D
    Kinda like "learning a boss" from MMORPGs, but you're the only one getting involved.

Now, I just need to decide on either this or the Dragon Quest 5 DS remake...

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    This is one I can't wait for. I love the original and I love FFIII DS. Such quality from a DS title, and they made a completely heartless game a bit more alive. FFIV will bring the very most out of the DS. I too kind of hate all past FFVI. My personal reason is because I really love FFs I-VI and they're INCREDIBLY unrecognised. With most self-proclaimed FF fans I know it's "FFVII or gtfo", which is an attitude that really annoys me. It's like they think VII was the first one ever made. Cloud this and Sephiroth that.

Finally! Someone who agrees with me.

I HATE that FF I-VI Barely get any love,a nd it deosn't held that 3 of them weren't released in America until a remake came out (II, III, and V)

I used to hate the whole FF series until I got Final FNatasy Chronicles for PSOne (A Combo package of PSOne ports of Chrono Triggger and FF IV, which I got solely for CT). After Passing Chrono Trigger(My most favorite Game of All Time) 20+ times, I was like "What the hell" and started playing FFIV. Come to find out, I ,loved it. I tried various FF games, and I realized the only ones I actally enjoyed were FF's I-VI.

It's ironic that those six are the most ignored of the FF games in the Enlglish-speaking world.

II and III are by far the most Ignored, FF II for its unique battle and growth sytsems that recieved negative feedback(I personally liked it), and III for it's lack of availablility until recently.

This sounds even more interesting :D
    Kinda like "learning a boss" from MMORPGs, but you're the only one getting involved.

Now, I just need to decide on either this or the Dragon Quest 5 DS remake...

THere's a big gap between the release dates, so I'm sure you can get both.

I'm getting everything I want for DS:
    Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja Returns (July 22)
    Final Fantasy IV (July 22)
    Dragon Quest IV (September)
    Dragon Quest V (early '09)
    Dragon Quest VI (mid-late '09)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Well the 4 Elements, mainly Valvalicia or whatever her name was, were already hard as could in the original Japanese one for SNES. So I imagine they made that even harder, which actually scares me. But yeah that's good news.

Yeah, I read on another site that there's actually an optional boss that used its first turn to do a full wipe attack (an attack that is pretty much impossible not to die from) and the only way to avoid having your party destroyed outright is to use Hide with your fastest character and then revive everyone (abilities can now be transferred to permanent characters after temporary ones leave the party). That's probably the kind of 'you have to fight some bosses multiple times' that Nintendo Power was talking about.

I'm sure this doesn't apply to every fight, but it looks like the bosses are going to be more innovative and require more systematic means' of defeating them than before. So in a way, it sounds like it isn't really as much harder as it is more innovative.

Back