• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy XIII-2, Your thoughts? *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
Years
  • What are your thoughts so far for Final Fantasy XIII-2? I like that there are DLCs for the game, especially for the Colosseum where you can battle Lightning and Omega Weapon(FFV).

BUT
    Spoiler:

So there we have it, what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I haven't played it yet, but....
    Spoiler:

Sorry to rant, i'm sure the game is great, but DLC like that irritates me. : P
    The thing about fighting a Weapon sounds cool though. I've always been fascinated with Weapon creatures in the FF series. Hope I can play this soon!

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years

• I haven't played it yet, but....
    Spoiler:

Sorry to rant, i'm sure the game is great, but DLC like that irritates me. : P
    The thing about fighting a Weapon sounds cool though. I've always been fascinated with Weapon creatures in the FF series. Hope I can play this soon!
    I know how you feel. SE really did a good job in getting our money. But I think 28 hours of gameplay through the story isn't that long tbh. If they come up with a DLC that'll take me another 20 hours, I'll be happy to buy it and download.

And if they come up with a good DLC battle like fighting Cloud Strife, I'll spit out rainbows from my mouth. LOL

Noel Kreiss

The Last Hunter
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2012
    I'm just surprised how XIII-2 made alot of improvements from its prequel. Either than that, a bit disappointed with the story. Gameplay's awesome, the battle system and less linear and everything else. Just the story and to unable to explore the whole world like back in the old days, those were the flaws.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I really don't see they can leave it as to be continued and say its going to be a DLC. Just seeing the ending shows it has to be a new game butI guess it could be debated as being another paradox thing.

The game overall is amazing though. I have enjoyed doing everything and the new monster leveling is fun although the healers are terrible and should always be left for you to do.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    The lack of playable characters disappoints me. Also the story is pretty weak, but I agree that the gameplay still shines in this sequel.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Didn't play the whole game yet, but it feels like a weird hybrid of old and new Final Fantasy. It's a good step forward, especially considering they're abandoning that mediocre engine after this.

Spoiler:

I really don't see they can leave it as to be continued and say its going to be a DLC. Just seeing the ending shows it has to be a new game but I guess it could be debated as being another paradox thing.

The game overall is amazing though. I have enjoyed doing everything and the new monster leveling is fun although the healers are terrible and should always be left for you to do.

The "true ending" comes after you find all of the endings apparently; the "DLC true ending" is just a silly rumor made by bitter fans, and the point of the To Be Continued was to encourage buying DLC and exploring the game more.

Last edited:

Noel Kreiss

The Last Hunter
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2012
    Didn't play the whole game yet, but it feels like a weird hybrid of old and new Final Fantasy. It's a good step forward, especially considering they're abandoning that mediocre engine after this.

The "true ending" comes after you find all of the endings apparently; the "DLC true ending" is just a silly rumor made by bitter fans, and the point of the To Be Continued was to encourage buying DLC and exploring the game more.
    I've collected all the fragments just today and I got the secret ending. There's gonna be new DLCs coming up with other stories for Sazh and Snow and planning for a Lightning Story. It's very possible that they are gonna make a DLC that'll give us the real ending.

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
  • I've collected all the fragments just today and I got the secret ending. There's gonna be new DLCs coming up with other stories for Sazh and Snow and planning for a Lightning Story. It's very possible that they are gonna make a DLC that'll give us the real ending.
    Yes, that's what I was thinking too. If they can make stories in DLC, then it's very possible that they can make a DLC for the ending. "To be continued" give me a break.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I've collected all the fragments just today and I got the secret ending. There's gonna be new DLCs coming up with other stories for Sazh and Snow and planning for a Lightning Story. It's very possible that they are gonna make a DLC that'll give us the real ending.

There are supposedly going to be parallel stories, like one that details how Sazh got to where he was throughout the game, and where Snow went. But I don't know if any of those have anything to do with a 'true ending'. I think they might be planning a XIII-3 (or they might be planning to address it in Versus XIII). After all, they did say they planned to unveil alot of FF-related stuff at E3 this year.

That said, I did like the ending. I like when endings have twists in them and keep you on your toes. There's too many perfect endings in JRPGs. It's a nice change of pace when you see one where everything doesn't go exactly right. My only gripe with it was a minor one, but it'll take a few sentences to explain.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back