• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

This is an MMO game made for PlayStation 3, 4, and Microsoft Windows. It takes place in a land called Eorzea, five years after the original FF XIV. In Final Fantasy XIV, a dragon known as Bahamut flees from its prison. This leads us to an event known as the "Seventh Umbral Era," which destroys almost every parts of Erozea. Through the help of god, the player is able to escape this event and time travel five years into the future to help rebuild and protect the place. This game was released two days ago worldwide, and it features four different languages, which are Japanese, French, German and English.

How many of you have gotten this game? If you haven't got it yet, then do you plan to get it soon? When? If you have the game already, then how much are you enjoying it so far?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I want to try this out but the only thing I've heard about it, even from early access users, is how the servers are never up and they can never get in to play. For something you pay to access, it's enough to keep me from trying it out and by the time everything settles and I'll feel comfortable trying it, most of my friends who are really into it will probably have moved on. :(

PhoenixWright77

Pokémaster Attorney
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Hmm, seems like an interesting game. Maybe I'll finally have a reason to dust off my old PS3...

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2013
    I really love to try this game. I'v been a fan of Final Fantasy since I was 8 years old.

Years
  • I alpha and beta tested this game, and played(and still do play) FFXI, and in my personal opinion, it is inferior to FFXI in terms of gameplay and mechanics. I'll be passing on the official release, but it was sure fun to play in Beta. I recommend it to new players.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I played the beta, but i dislike the new FF games, I dunno it is just different to the originals

Years
  • I got it.

Loving it. There's a few things that irk me, but otherwise, it's fun as hell.

If anyone happens to play on Sirem, get at me.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I was in the beta tests since phase 1 and bought it on release day. So far it's awesome, though it can be hard to login sometimes since so many people are online. Combat is a bit stale, but I can overlook that.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I was part of the fourth phase beta test, and while I enjoyed the game and gameplay, and really loved how they made the Final Fantasy universe function in an MMO, I only actually got like 1½ day to play it, before I got disconnected from the servers and couldn't access it again because of a problem several thousands of other players also experienced. So yeah, I wouldn't buy the game this early because of just how unreliable the servers are at the moment, but from what I got to try before getting locked out from the servers, I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy the game itself, granted I had someone to play with ;)

I also believe the games were pulled from the shelves (? or was it just online purchases?) because there were way too many players for the server to handle, and it just got incredibly slow, which is pretty impressive considering the game only came out like 3 days ago haha. But yeah, hope they manage to fix the servers soon :p

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I was part of the fourth phase beta test, and while I enjoyed the game and gameplay, and really loved how they made the Final Fantasy universe function in an MMO, I only actually got like 1½ day to play it, before I got disconnected from the servers and couldn't access it again because of a problem several thousands of other players also experienced. So yeah, I wouldn't buy the game this early because of just how unreliable the servers are at the moment, but from what I got to try before getting locked out from the servers, I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy the game itself, granted I had someone to play with ;)

I also believe the games were pulled from the shelves (? or was it just online purchases?) because there were way too many players for the server to handle, and it just got incredibly slow, which is pretty impressive considering the game only came out like 3 days ago haha. But yeah, hope they manage to fix the servers soon :p

They pulled digital downloads for now, you can still buy a physical copy though. Server's aren't slow at all but they are nearly impossible to get into in the middle of the day. I think they made it so that you can only make one character on a NA server temporarily. I just login at 4 am and never log out since they don't kick the AFK, problem solved.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I've never played or even touched Final Fantasy outside of my GBA, except the PSP fighting one which I downloaded the demo of. FF Tactics is still one of my favourite games of all time, but I know that the console FF is much different.

Is it still worth buying XIV? I do want to get into the series but always feared that I wouldn't understand what was going on and stuff...

Years
  • I've been over at a friends house playing the game religiously to check the game out. I've reached LV 15 Archanist and I just adore the game to tears! Although there are alot of issues with the servers right now. It's mostly just restricting people from making new characters. I think it's wise to wait maybe a month before purchasing the game. The game is going through alot of forced growing pains, and to their credit, Square Enix is doing an amazing job keeping everyone informed on what's going on when it's going on.

I personally enjoy it leagues over FFXI, but I can totally understand why some people still might enjoy XI more. XIV is significantly easier game, but I feel it wins out in Atmosphere, Story, and just general enjoyment of my time spend on the game. The menu system is far less convoluted and compared to alot of MMO's it works like a dream using a controller. I've had some issues with targeting, but it's mostly minor.

I really can't wait until I can afford my own copy and start making some real progress with my own character!

@Slash Beast: I'm on Siren as well, but I won't be playing as often as I have been, since I was only playing the game to get a feel as to if I'm going to take the time to go buy a Ps3 and a copy of the game. When I do, I'm going to be back on Siren though! ^_^

Back