• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy XV

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
  • I haven't seen a thread for this yet...

SO! Recently they've released a new game play trailer for Final Fantasy XV whooo.

For those who haven't seen it yet, here is the sweet sweet gold.

After having it been dropped/delayed and what not, looks like they're actually going ahead with the production for real. Although correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been up to speed with the track information about FFXV since I heard it wasn't going to be released a while ago, which broke my heart because Noctis. <3

So I am super excited that they're working on it again yaaaaay.

My thoughts about the trailer; well apart from the modern-day car they're riding in which puts me off (lmao driving, what happened to good ol' riding Chocobos? :[ ) game play looks dramatically stunning as per usual to any FF game. I'm not quite sure how the battle system works, whether it be like FFXII system with the whole free running around thing, looks to be that way. (again correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm not sure about any other details about the game, so if anyone has anymore information feel free to share it!

So I'll just end this post with a little bit of my fangirling, if I may.

Spoiler:

:3c

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
    Years
  • From what I have seen/read the battle system is going to be similar to the Kingdom Hearts series, which has me interested in picking this game up actually! Bravely Default put me off turn based RPG (aside from Pokemon of course!). Not that I didn't like BD...

I wish there was some sign of a release date, all I've seen is TBC 2015 everywhere I look. What console do you plan on playing it on??

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I love the final fantasy series, I can't wait for this game to be released. The trailer looks very nice, the combat is a bit like crisis core as you can roll out of the way and stuff like that, it's more of an action rpg.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Final Fantasy XV

Honestly, that's all I could get out of that trailer. I hope to god world travel isn't limited by car.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Not too upset by anything in the trailer myself. I'm ready to play the demo when it comes out with FF Type-0 HD. Not sure if the car is permanent or not, it seems pretty early in the game footage so maybe they'll either crash it sometime later on or they'll have transformers be part of this game and the car turns into either a chocobo or a motorcycle (a very upsetting idea). But I'm sure they'll have chocobos in the final product because that's a pretty big part of the franchise. Other than that it still looks a lot better than the XIII series and I'll definitely be giving it a shot before I say anything more that I don't like about it.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I mean...the game's pretty to say the least.

It could use a little bit more work on the environments in my opinion. In the battle scenes, they looked very generic to me and didn't have anything that really "popped." Maybe it's because the characters seemed a little disproportionate to their surroundings? Just my thoughts.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Noctis seems to stumble around the battlefield :X.

Sounds like this is still pre-pre-pre-pre-release footage though. It'll probably change drastically by March, and even more so between then and a final release (since the demo will generate some feedback and make any problems clear, hopefully).

Looks beautiful though! Those big monsters look cool - I'm kind of hoping for a Lightning Returns battle system orrrrr a new take on FFXII (use of gambits to auto control yourself/allies). Open world and visible monsters seems likely to me.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Yeah I noticed that the battling seems a bit off and even a bit laggy? I thought it might have been the video/my computer itself lol but it's still in developments so hopefully they notice it and work on improving that.

I'll definitely get the PS4 version when it comes out, I'll need a PS4 first haha.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • The fact that we're getting a demo in March is surprising, though it really doesn't mean much. It could still be really early gameplay that could change pretty drastically before the game is released.

I still don't expect this in Japan until 2016 at the earliest, which means we'll be lucky to get it in 2017. I'd love to be wrong though, but it's hard for me to get excited about this game anymore after wanting it since 2006. :/

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    The fact that we're getting a demo in March is surprising, though it really doesn't mean much. It could still be really early gameplay that could change pretty drastically before the game is released.

I still don't expect this in Japan until 2016 at the earliest, which means we'll be lucky to get it in 2017. I'd love to be wrong though, but it's hard for me to get excited about this game anymore after wanting it since 2006. :/

The demo comes with final fantasy type-0 HD right? I'll be getting that anyway since it was never released outside of Japan for the psp.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Yup, a demo will be released with Type-o HD, apparently in the demo you can drive the car (either you as the driver or another party member), or explore on foot. They'll be monsters to fight and maybe even a dungeon. And some sort of amazing suprise as well.

Sources here; https://kotaku.com/first-details-about-the-final-fantasy-xv-demo-1637111401

Also first game footage!

https://kotaku.com/behold-final-fantasy-xvs-first-live-gameplay-footage-1637115048

The first 3 minutes isn't much, and the video is in Japanese so lucky you if you understand it! Ugh, such a pretty game though, and battle system looks interesting, with the joint attacks and dodging attacks yay!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    https://kotaku.com/behold-final-fantasy-xvs-first-live-gameplay-footage-1637115048

The first 3 minutes isn't much, and the video is in Japanese so lucky you if you understand it! Ugh, such a pretty game though, and battle system looks interesting, with the joint attacks and dodging attacks yay!

So much spinning! The characters look super, lots of detail even whilst zooming in and spinning around them at every available angle.

As for the battle, I still feel like the main guy looks drunk and very out of place. He's practically stumbling around between huge lunges. I hope this isn't a fixed walking/battling style, or maybe he has a reason for walking like that for a while because otherwise it looks really awkward.

The joint attacks were pretty fun, although it wasn't very clear how they were working. If anyone can make sense of their commentary and post any important bits here I'd be very grateful <3.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Well, i'm pretty Hyped about this game, but i'm not going to let the Hype get to me. Last time I did. FF13 and 13-2 happened and..it was bad. I'm pretty excited that they may have gotten rid of turned based combat. It looks more Kingdom Hearts to me. And that's a good thing. This game looks beautiful, I just hope that isn't destroyed by an confusing story line, bad characters, and broken game mechanics. We'll see how Square handled this game for the past like 8 years? Just have to wait until I get my hands on it.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • As for the battle, I still feel like the main guy looks drunk and very out of place. He's practically stumbling around between huge lunges. I hope this isn't a fixed walking/battling style, or maybe he has a reason for walking like that for a while because otherwise it looks really awkward.

To be honest, I think they might have tried to give it a "in real life" feel. Imagine yourself in a real life battle, doing the same thing because I can imagine myself moving around like that haha. But that's just me, it might be a dumb flaw in the game. Or it could have just been the person playing, who kept moving Noctis in different directions so quickly, giving him that drunk/clumsy sort of feel.

But yeah, I wasn't fond of FFXIII's story line, and I never ended up finishing it, nor did I end up playing XIII-2. I played XIII twice, just so I could wrap my head around the story. The only reason why I kept playing was because Lightning's character appearance.

I have a jist of what XV's plot might be, seeing as how Noctis is a prince and his dad is a king, so it'll be some sort of royal like plot. Kinda with FFIX and Garnet/Dagger, which I think was one my favourite story lines of the series.

Years
  • The move from a traditional RPG battle system to an Action RPG system originally made me hesitate, but I come to terms with it. Now I'm really looking forward to this game. Noctis seems really cool.
    I need to buy a PS4 now.

Back