• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy

Years
    If this has been done before then please delete it. Thank you.

As well as playing Pokemon, I also play Final Fantasy (I have a forum based on the fanchise) and was wondering if anyone else here like the fanchise. This is a general Final Fantasy thread so it could bea anything you like or hate about it. I will gige mine when I have a few replies.

EVIL DARK MEW

Advanced Pokemaniac
    Years
    final fantasy 8

i am a final fantasy 8 fanatic...

special fan of squall leonhart

currently looking for the game...to play it again...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I play the series. I got into it a little late, after X-2 had already been released, but I'm still trying to play all the main games. :x

My favourite is either VII or XII out of what I've played. I loved the plot and just... everything in VII, but the battle system in XII was so awesome that I have to include it too, even if I thought the characters were boring and the plot was uneventful.

Favourite character in the series would probably be Aerith. :D

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
    I enjoy the series well enough, though I won't say I am one of the hardcore fanatics who see FF as "the only RPG worth anything" or anything like that. FFVI would be the one I respect as the best of the franchise, while FFVI and FFVII would be my favorites.

I just wish the Final Fantasy franchise would deviate more from the turn-based action they continue to use (FFXII was an improvement, but still the same feel), but I guess that is why I play the Star Ocean and Tales of games. Here's to hoping FFXIII won't disappoint. ^^;

Years
    I LOVE Final Fantasy.
    It´s one of the best game series that ever have been created.
    ...Ok, I overact a bit but I like it a lot XD
    My first FinalFantasy was FFIX but unfortunately it´s broken sometime ago...
    But my favorite game of the serie is FFVII so it´s not so awful either that it´s broken^^
    I still love playing FF7 today and I think that it couldn´t be boring. Cloud and Aerith ftw^_^
    FF8 is also cool. I´ve never finished playing it although I thought that the story was very cool. (But not as cool as in VII xD)
    And I like the characters in that game most. And the thing that you play with GFs is very interesting, too.
    Currently I play FFIII for the DS but I haven´t so much time for playing it.

Well, FF is awesome and one of my favorite-games, but I wouldn´t say that there aren´t better games or so...

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    I'm a fan but I got into it late too, when XII was announced O_0
    I got X from a sale at the game store, loved it. My friend then got VII, VIII, IX from a friend from 2 GTA games. Later he gave them to me. Then I scammed my friend out of FFVI for 20 dollars (it's worth about 4 times that much). Then I got number III for my birthday (2 weeks ago).

III is pretty good, nice story, great music.
    VI is also good, a little slow and maybe a bit boring but still great
    VII in my 2 cents is SERVERLY overrated. I could not find it interesting, the graphics were inferior, the mood was hideous, the fighting system a little weird and could not enjoy
    VIII is my favorite, favorite story, favorite characters, favorite music, favorite everything
    IX is a close favorite, simply for the wow factor
    X is pretty good. I love the sphere grid.
    X-2 (also got from another friend for free) is a litte underrated, its great albeit a bit strange

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    ← Fan of VI and IX.

Loved VI because of the characters, music and storyline. IX, because they brought back good ol' "fantasy" back to Final Fantasy.

I agree, VII is overrated. Moving from VI → VII, the first thing I thought when I played VII was "where the heck are the equipment slots?!"

TWOFACE

Years
    my 1st final fantsy is FF7 but i didn't have a chance playing it my brother was playing it all day (i hope square remake it on the ds)
    i didn't like FF8 (JPN version)
    FF9 i've finished that game till square made kingdom hearts and 4got about FF but i still wants FF tactics on DS or PSP i have completed all chapters on PS1 i also have Cloud in my party

SilencedShooter

Revenga
    Years
    Final Fantasy is my favorite game series of all time. The first one I played was VII, when I turned 9 back in 98. Since then I have played them all. I-XII, and most of the side series. My favorite game in the franchise is VII, but I hold a special spot for VI, VIII and IX.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I am a massive Final Fantasy fan. I do play other RPG's. My first FF was 10. I love that one. It is my favourite. I own VII, IX,X, X-2, I, II, III, IV XII, tactics on GBA and tactics on PSP.

I am not that far in III yet. I play Diamond more. I am at Giruvegan on XII but that place is really hard. I am currently doing the clan quests.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    I LOVE Final Fantasy.

I've played

I
    II
    III [3-D Remake]
    VII
    VII(Dirge of Cerberus)
    VIII
    IX
    X
    X-2
    XII
    Tactics
    Tactics Advance

And as said in my signature...I want Tactics Advance 2.

Also, did anyone hear about the latest one announced?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    I have to agree with Shiun Enshidia about FF VII being way overrated. I don't hate the game, but I definately don't think it's the best of the series.
    FF VIII used to be my favourite, but now it's either IX or XII. IV and VI are good too.
    Overall I don't really hate any of numbered games in the Final Fantasy franchise, but some are a lot better than others. III and VII being my least favourite.

Years
    I'm a huge Final Fantasy fanatic. I currently own the following titles:

Final Fantasy [Japan and North American version]
    Final Fantasy II [Japan version, the American version is Final Fantasy IV]
    Final Fantasy III [Japan Nintendo version and the North American DS version]
    Final Fantasy IV [Japan Super Nintendo, Playstation, and GBA version and American Playstation version]
    Final Fantasy V [Japan Playstation version and American GBA version]
    Final Fantasy VI [Japan Playstation version and American GBA version]
    Final Fantasy VII [American Playstation version]
    Final Fantasy VIII [Japan Playstation version]
    Final Fantasy IX [American Playstation version]
    Final Fantasy X [American Playstation 2 version]
    Final Fantasy X-2 [American Playstation 2 version]
    Final Fantasy XI [American Xbox 360 version]
    Final Fantasy XII [Japan Playstation 2 version and American Playstation 2 version]

I've got all of the sequels, prequels and sidestories games too, but I was getting tired of listing.

About the Dissidia game. Square Enix hasn't given much information on it (at least of what I can find). The only information I've been able to pull up is that it's an action game that will be released on the PSP as one of the games for the 20th anniversary. You can also have wireless one-on-one game play and fights revolving around the use of individual special skill sets of characters to do damage to opponents and along with that you can also customize their characters with equipment.

The only characters I could find that are going to be in the game include the Warrior of Light, Garland, Firion, Sephiroth, Squall Leonheart, Zidane, Kuja, Chaos as the god of darkness and a new character named Cosmos will appear as the god of light. Recent scans released in Japanese magazines have stated that the game will have a storyline that requires playing through all of the characters to complete. There will be a minimum of ten main characters (not including their villain counterparts) including the above mentioned. Hidden characters may be possible. Characters can gain customizable equipment.

Years
    I like the series - well, liked it, to be a little more precise, since I've been kind of cool towards any of the games made since FFX. I'm rather partial to the SNES-generation games, especially since they were the ones I first played and remember and enjoyed playing (the first FF on the NES was actually the first one I played, but I was also like seven years old and didn't know what the heck I was doing in it at the time, so...).

VI and IX are my favorites - VI because of those awesome (for its time) graphics and its storyline (which still contains one of my favorite videogame scenes ever), and IX because it was such a lovely reminder of how the FF games used to be. Not surprisingly, the majority of my favorite characters come from one of those two games. :x I can't say I hate any of the games...there are a few that I didn't like as much, but there are none that I really hate.

As for that new game, I'm actually kind of "meh" towards it - though I do have it give it major props for at least paying some attention to FFIX. >_< For once, that game wasn't just totally forgotten again.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I only care for FFI-VI

FFVII and Up can burn in hell for all I care.

I'll probabky get a PSP just for Dissidia. I'd only use FFI-VI characters, though.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Yeah, I like most Final Fantasy games. My favorite is by far Final Fantasy IX that has managed to make its way up to my top 5 favorite games list. Not only does the game have 3 of my favorite Final Fantasy characters, (Zidane, Quina and Vivi) but unlike its 2 closest predecessors, the battle system isn't completely broken. (Apart from Steiner's Shock and, if you can actually be bothered spending a whole day stealing stuff from random monsters, Zidane's Thievery) It also has one of my favorite game soundtracks (The normal battle theme deserves a very special mention. <3) and although the story isn't anything spectacular, it's still fairly entertaining, and the scenery in the game is just beautiful.

FF VII is overrated, but I still somewhat like it because it's one of the first games I've ever played. Nostalgia ftw. >:

And, although I'm only a couple of hours into the game (5 or 6) and haven't got to play it in about a week, Final Fantasy XII deserves a special mention for its nice systems; just beating the heck out of random monsters kept me entertained for a couple of hours. =D

SilencedShooter

Revenga
    Years
    You guys are making me want to play FFIX again...I just beat it again over the summer...but I don't know if I want to replay it...sometimes it's hard to restart a new game...ecspecially since during my summer game I got all the chocographs, found them, got to chocobo's paradise and air garden, and killed Ozma...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I only completed IX last summer. I managed to get a pre-owned copy. I am trying to get VIII. But haven't found it yet.

The Gambit system in XII is good. I use it when I am chaining. My highest chain so far is 193. Then decided to end it and go sleep as it was 1am. I am around 30 hours into the game.

Back