• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
Years
  • For some reason the majority of final fantasy I games I have played I would describe as 'alright' but nothing really mindblowing.

FF12 - Story felt very shallow, Vaan wasn't really the main character, certain plot points weren't expanded upon, some characters felt shallow (Penelo anyone?), Nu Mou and other non-human races were underrepresented, summons were pretty useless, last boss was easy. Combat system was the best yet in my opinion (although could have been made better), graphics were up to par with my expectations.
    FF10 - Story was good, combat system was fine, characters fairly well developed, summons had style and use. Last boss was more like a cutscene, I hate Waka.
    FF9 - Characters were very distinct and felt different, storyline was alright, last boss was nonsensical. Load times on battles was terrible, Trance moves eventually did the the same thing (9999dmg) for differing amounts of MP, loss of all sidequests when you left the third disk, quadmist had no purpose unlike in FF8.
    FF8 - Didn't play it, saw a lot of it. Didn't like the characters so much. Battle system seems a little broken (draw infinite Aura from Seifer anyone?). Card minigame had a purpose and was somewhat fun to play.
    FF7 - At least three of my friends quit playing after the 'magical chocobo ride though the desert.' I never bothered.
    FF6, 5, 4 - Didn't play so much, but would certainly like to complete them. 2D charm.
    FF3, 2 - Never played / Didn't complete.
    FF MysticQuest - Cute and easy.
    FF1 - Played through a lot of it on the original NES, quite difficult!
    FFT - Ok, not my game though so I didn't get too far. Too much time spent on individual battles. System is broken (Sword Grasp, Mathematicians).
    FFTA - Ok, but the system breaks down a little (Assassins w. Concentrate anyone?). Not my game either. Storyline was a little lacking, unique class characters were pretty useless unlike in FFT.

Overall I haven't felt like the FF games were bad in any outstanding way, but with the exception of 10 they never really gave the feeling like I had just played an amazing game.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I like Final Fantasy. ^^ But as you can see by my username, I am a big fan of X-2. I only like X and X-2 out of the series though...

Years
    • Age 38
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    I think my username, banner and avatar speak for themselves, but anyways, I've played 7 through 10-2 and 12, besides 1 and 2 and 6. My favorites being of course, ten and Ten-2. The only final fantasy thread that was on here prior was the one i made for ten and ten 2, so the thread creator was fine. Anyways, I personally liked X-2, not only for the character Baralai(whom should have been playable imo) but because it gave a better ending to the storyline for the characters Tidus and Yuna. I'm not too fond of 12, only because i think waiting a good minute or two when the monsters can easily move out of range of your attack, to just actually have the attack happen is a little redundant.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    The Final Fantasy game series are great and really fun. My fave is the Tactics series and I can't wait for Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • I liked FF VI, VII and IX. Mainly since VI there was no direct protagonist meaning you could control anyone. VII because of its well thought out story and IX because I got obsessed with it a few months ago

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    I liked FF VI, VII and IX. Mainly since VI there was no direct protagonist meaning you could control anyone. VII because of its well thought out story and IX because I got obsessed with it a few months ago

How was Final Fantasy IX I plan on buying it, I here it was good but couldn't finad a review about it. Final Fantasy VII was good to me but wasn't what I would I expect it to be hopefully they remake it for the PS3 with better graphics.

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
  • Final Fantasy IX was okay in my opinion, the story was nice and all, pretty nice graphics and etc. at the time. But the atmosphere felt strange, like I was used to Final Fantasy's 80% serious of the time, and its nice character designs but the characters in FF IX were just strange for them (Final Fantasy Games) to be made.

So basically the only problem I had were the character's look's, other then that the story structure is pretty solid and worth playing if your a Final Fantasy fan.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    Final Fantasy IX was okay in my opinion, the story was nice and all, pretty nice graphics and etc. at the time. But the atmosphere felt strange, like I was used to Final Fantasy's 80% serious of the time, and its nice character designs but the characters in FF IX were just strange for them (Final Fantasy Games) to be made.

So basically the only problem I had were the character's look's, other then that the story structure is pretty solid and worth playing if your a Final Fantasy fan.

Thanks! Hopefully they remake for the PS3 or PSP and improve the characters. I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy 13 and Final Fantasy versus.

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
  • Have you guys played the original tactics remake? Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of The Lions? Real fun, I almost forgot how much fun I had with the original one. Not to mention the new suprises this remake has.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • How was Final Fantasy IX I plan on buying it, I here it was good but couldn't finad a review about it. Final Fantasy VII was good to me but wasn't what I would I expect it to be hopefully they remake it for the PS3 with better graphics.

Final fantasy IX is for people who are willing to play a lot till you get to the famous plot twist that almost every FF game has. But it is a really good game nontheless. Mainly since the protagonist doesn't use magic and his skills rarely attack very well. IX reminded me of VII's in difficulty

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
  • How was Final Fantasy IX I plan on buying it, I here it was good but couldn't finad a review about it. Final Fantasy VII was good to me but wasn't what I would I expect it to be hopefully they remake it for the PS3 with better graphics.

I liked FFIX a lot as well. I like to think of FFIX as a return to the old days of Final Fantasy (I mean, it really was). In particular, I liked that the characters had set classes, as opposed to the open-ended roles the chars in FFVII and FFVIII had. In those games, the only big differences between Cloud and Cait Sith, and Squall and Selphie, were stuff like the weapons they used and the Limit Breaks that were unique to them.

But in FFIX, the chars had a specific class-type build (the main char is a thief-type, meaning he uses daggers and has high speed, but can't wear heavy armor and lacks magical prowess). This made it so if you needed black magic, or if you needed a physical powerhouse, there was only one character to turn to for each.

Aside from that, I liked the fact that I couldn't get severely powerful at any point in the game, whereas with FFVIII and its Junction System, I would do 7000 damage with a triggered hit with Squall after becoming a SeeD (not even midway through the first disc >.>). FFX had a similar problem with the Sphere Grid...

Final Fantasy really needs to stop holding the player's hand through the gameplay. XD So much focus on storyline and graphics, when the game mechanics and battle system needs to be improved on so much~

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I am playing war of the lions at the minute. It is OK. I never played the original though. I am level 14 and not very far in yet.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    I liked FFIX a lot as well. I like to think of FFIX as a return to the old days of Final Fantasy (I mean, it really was). In particular, I liked that the characters had set classes, as opposed to the open-ended roles the chars in FFVII and FFVIII had. In those games, the only big differences between Cloud and Cait Sith, and Squall and Selphie, were stuff like the weapons they used and the Limit Breaks that were unique to them.

But in FFIX, the chars had a specific class-type build (the main char is a thief-type, meaning he uses daggers and has high speed, but can't wear heavy armor and lacks magical prowess). This made it so if you needed black magic, or if you needed a physical powerhouse, there was only one character to turn to for each.

Aside from that, I liked the fact that I couldn't get severely powerful at any point in the game, whereas with FFVIII and its Junction System, I would do 7000 damage with a triggered hit with Squall after becoming a SeeD (not even midway through the first disc >.>). FFX had a similar problem with the Sphere Grid...

Final Fantasy really needs to stop holding the player's hand through the gameplay. XD So much focus on storyline and graphics, when the game mechanics and battle system needs to be improved on so much~

Final Fantasy game mechanics and battle system need to be improved a lot. FFVIII wasn't even had to me because you could just use your GF all through the game. The problem was that your summons didn't use any MP along with your Magic too. I mostly spend most of the game trying to increase my characters attack and magic power so I wouldn't have to depend on the GF power so much.

Years
  • well im a noob at final fantasy, my first game would be final fantasy 10 but i sold it cause of the stupid blitz ball game, and now ive got ff3, say the online funciton for the game is weak i though that you can join others online to do dungeons and stuff like that but instead all you do is send stupid letters

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
  • well im a noob at final fantasy, my first game would be final fantasy 10 but i sold it cause of the stupid blitz ball game, and now ive got ff3, say the online funciton for the game is weak i though that you can join others online to do dungeons and stuff like that but instead all you do is send stupid letters

I actually like Blitzball. x_x Spent hours playing that. I thought it was the best minigame FF has ever done. Though, because I played it so much, I was able to get a Teleport Sphere early (as early as right after the events in Luca and Blitzball became available) so I could move Tidus to Auron's portion of the Sphere Grid, which resulted in a huge amount of power for the Blitz Acer. That would be where the power balance of FFX became an issue, and I wouldn't have a hard time with a battle until I started fighting the Monster Arena bosses. =/

FFX itself was too easy either way, with the switching in battles and the summoning without any costs. Blah...fun though. And beautiful~

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    I actually like Blitzball. x_x Spent hours playing that. I thought it was the best minigame FF has ever done. Though, because I played it so much, I was able to get a Teleport Sphere early (as early as right after the events in Luca and Blitzball became available) so I could move Tidus to Auron's portion of the Sphere Grid, which resulted in a huge amount of power for the Blitz Acer. That would be where the power balance of FFX became an issue, and I wouldn't have a hard time with a battle until I started fighting the Monster Arena bosses. =/

FFX itself was too easy either way, with the switching in battles and the summoning without any costs. Blah...fun though. And beautiful~

I never was able to beat Final Fantasy 10 because my cousin stole my copy.

Years
  • I never was able to beat Final Fantasy 10 because my cousin stole my copy.

man that sucks, man if i had a ps3 i would go and buy it again i do like it though.

my ps2 is broken and i dont want to buy another so umm yea also if ff7 is downloadable in the ps3 ill get it i relly want to play it

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    man that sucks, man if i had a ps3 i would go and buy it again i do like it though.

my ps2 is broken and i dont want to buy another so umm yea also if ff7 is downloadable in the ps3 ill get it i relly want to play it

Yeah same here to my PS2 is broken and I can't even play Final Fantasy 12.

Back