• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final fantasy

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Overlord Sato said:
    FFVIII had the best storyline out of all of them...I loved that you could extract magic from your enemies as well. Where as in 7 you had to use materia to use magic...it was a good idea but magic turned out to be almost usless in the end of that game.

Hey I don't get why people think 9 is the worst out of all of them cause 5 was by far. 9 had awsome music that fit perfectly with its enviroment...and the characters, however unique, were pretty cool.
    8's plot up to disc2 was good imho. Beyond disc2 is a landslide... "don't blame me! I got brainwashed!" said the who-seems-to-be-a-bad-guy >_>; I'm all for twists in who's the bad guy, but a brainwash is pretty lame for an excuse. As what a1337a said, the final boss got nothing to do with the game... and the game never explained how she got Griever as her GF too (when it's just a lion on Squall's ring?)

I think that I'll like 9 the most if I got more time to enjoy it. Last time I was forced to play it so quickly that I missed a lot of stuff x_x;

5 was OH DEAR TERRIBLE!!! Well so there's this boy who you know nothing about wandering around, and found a girl that's under attack, so he went to save her and she joins your team. And then you found an old man who got amnesia, but then "oh I have a feeling that I must join you!" so the old man joined the team as well... ahem sequences like that follow one another, as if the developers got no idea for a plot and just have to find some way to force the characters into your team. The class system once again makes everyone the same, ALONG with buying magic too... don't need to train for it. The only reason for training is pretty much for stats...

FFVI was slightly overrated, as they got just a "bit" too many unrelated characters o.O; If they took some out then it'll probably be just fine ^-^. I loved how FFVI changes style suddenly in World of Ruins into freestyle RPG instead of the traditional follow the plot thing in all other FFs. Yet these sidequests are all completely related to each character and plot as well. *nod nod*

zsun_44

Just a member
    Years
    i play FF.. i think its one of the best RPGs around. and i also like FFVII since it has an extremely good storyline, although i also like IX, X, and X-2 as well because of the graphics.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Oh well I will just pop in and say what I like and pop out (because up there Abby, Brittany and Frosty is going on all the things in VII, IX and X, yet I beat X so I kind of know what's going on in there, VII I almost beat but I am sure there was a lot of stuff I didn't get or do yet because some of that stuff going on up there don't ring a bell O_o, and IX I just started on so I am clueless on most of the stuff going on about that XD).

My I like FFX (well X and VII) the best, I mean it's got a great story line (to me it does). It talks and everything, and it's rare that I get a game that I don't beat in a day or two (new games have a short life with me). I just like it the best.
    FFVII I like it as much as X, it's also got a great story line, and the ones from this game you see the most when some one talks about FF and there is even a movie going to come out about FFVII.
    FFX and FFVII is my favorite FF games.

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
    ho hum no final fantasy tactics? yeah I hear a lot of 5 bashing >_< you have to take the game in context of when it was created. It was really a breakthrough game for its time and for that much I enjoyed it. Meh really anyhting beyond ff8 imo is not worth playing, even 8 borders on those grounds. IX was the beginning of the dependency on graphics rather than actual storyline. Doesn't anyone besides me question some of the characters that just seem to pop out of nowhere and offer almost no explanation of who they are? COUGH**Quina, Amarant**COUGH so what amarants just some wierd looking angry guy and who knows wtf quina is. Even the main characters left most of their past a mystery. FFX meh just awful... don't even get me started on that one : P and ffx-2 was even worse.

Last edited:

Dark Magician

The Black lightinig
    Years
    matrixguy25 said:
    I like FF 7 the best because i like cloud and barret.. And it's alot of fun to play. I play all them other ones all ready but i think FF 7 is the best out of them all

I like the graphics, they are cool.

Rodeoclown

Coaster Kid
    Years
    I really like the Final Fantasy series thru IX. I didn't care for any FF on the PS2 so far. My FF would have to be III/VI because the game is amazing and I still have my original cartridge. My favorite on the PSX would be VII/IX. What can I say about VII that hasn't already been said? And IX for me really brought FF back to roots, so I enjoyed it a lot.

Back