• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Pokemon!

Years
    Hey everybody I am just wondering what you would suggest for the last pokemon in my party, I am kind of leaning towards a Bisharp or Hydreigon. None the less though I still wish to hear your opinions. My current party is as follows:
    Serperior
    Fraxure
    Samurott
    Zoroark
    Emboar
    Tranquill (just using it for fly)

Thanks for your help! ^_^

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I personally would keep a flying type in my party. The best flying type I can think of to replace Tranquill would be Sigilyph. Sigilyph is Psychic/Flying and can be caught at Desert Resort. My recommended moveset: Fly; Sky Attack; Psychic; Shadow Ball or Ice Beam.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I personally would keep a flying type in my party. The best flying type I can think of to replace Tranquill would be Sigilyph. Sigilyph is Psychic/Flying and can be caught at Desert Resort. My recommended moveset: Fly; Sky Attack; Psychic; Shadow Ball or Ice Beam.

Sigilyph is quite good, though I would Ditch Sky attack and give it bot Shadow Ball and Ice beam.

Heck, I'd even get another flying type like Braviary for Fly and replace fly on this guy with Air Slash.

Years
    Thanks, I'll make sure to look into them. This team isn't definite but im glad that you guys responded because I was thinking of not using a flying pokemon at all. What would you recommend for a steel type? I want something that has good attack but not slow.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Thanks, I'll make sure to look into them. This team isn't definite but im glad that you guys responded because I was thinking of not using a flying pokemon at all. What would you recommend for a steel type? I want something that has good attack but not slow.

I personally would not add a Steel-type. I would add an Electric-type, replacing Zoroark. The best one I can say to add (supported by my signature) would be Joltik/Galvantula. The Bug/Electric combination is a great combination because it would be super-effective against Flying, Water, Grass, Dark, and Psychic, all very common types. My Galvantula knows Thunderbolt, Bug Buzz, Thunder, and Cut. Basically, you'll want a medium-strength Electric move, a powerful Electric move, a Bug move, and then an HM if applicable. If not applicable, then put Thunder Wave there.

Years
    I agree that zoroark is turning out to be not so good in the later battles, and also an electric type would be helpful.
    Updated team
    Deino
    Pawniard
    Serperior
    Haxorus
    Dousion
    Zoroark
    I am definately going to switch out zoroark for either an electric or flying type and im going to get rid of one of my dragon types. I think I will probably get rid of Haxorus but I would also like your opinions once again. (The reason for keeping deino->Hydreigon is because I like the typing and he has a big move pool)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I agree that zoroark is turning out to be not so good in the later battles, and also an electric type would be helpful.
    Updated team
    Deino
    Pawniard
    Serperior
    Haxorus
    Dousion
    Zoroark
    I am definately going to switch out zoroark for either an electric or flying type and im going to get rid of one of my dragon types. I think I will probably get rid of Haxorus but I would also like your opinions once again. (The reason for keeping deino->Hydreigon is because I like the typing and he has a big move pool)

Bear in mind a couple of things with Deino->Hydreigon. First, Deino doesn't evolve until level 50, and Zweilous not until level 64, so it would take quite a while to evolve. Also, you already have a Dark-type in Pawniard->Bisharp. Personally, I never have duplicate types in my party if I can help it, which I almost always can. Feel free to use the team from my sig for reference; that's my White team. Currently, my Black team (thought it would be fun to try for a completely diff team), is as follows:
    Swoobat; Golett; Leavanny; Emboar; Tirtouga; Zebstrika. Note that almost all are dual-types, and no types are repeated. Bottom line: you should always try to have as many different types as possible in your team.

Years
    All right I think I have a pretty good idea on what im going to do.
    Emolga
    Haxorus
    Bisharp
    Reniculus
    Serperior
    and for the elite four whom would you recommend Emboar or Samurott (i have both already.)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    All right I think I have a pretty good idea on what im going to do.
    Emolga
    Haxorus
    Bisharp
    Reniculus
    Serperior
    and for the elite four whom would you recommend Emboar or Samurott (i have both already.)

Basing on your current team, I would say Emboar due to the fact that he is Fire/Fighting. Fire is a great type to have, and Fighting will be helpful against Elite Four Grimsley, who specializes in Dark. The Elite Four's types are Ghost, Psyhchic, Fighting, and Dark, so be prepared to face those types when planning move sets for your team.

Years
    I was thinking emboar also for the double typing. I really appreciate all your help. I'm at the elite four now but im just leveling up my pokemon to level 50.

Back