• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finally, a shoddy team I'm satisfied with (RMT)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrein

Banned
Years
  • This is a mostly-offensive team with some defensive edges, but primarily focusing on offense.
    ------
    1)
    @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 50 HP/208 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Energy Ball
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunderbolt
    - Psychic
    I'm not sure if it's a good lead, but it's sure a good sweeper. It is able to outurn any Gyarados even after one DD, and KO with TB, as well as outurning Weavile and hitting it for super-effective damage with Flash Cannon. Modest nature and Scarf also enable it to outurn and OHKO the standard CB Dugtrio with Energy Ball.
    ---
    2)
    (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Shell Armor
    EVs: 252 HP/20 Def/98 SAtk/140 SDef
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin
    - Surf
    - Toxic Spikes
    Rapid Spinner, and, for an extant, a physical wall. Should I try to go physical with it, using the likes of Ice Shard, Clamp, ect'?
    ---
    3)
    (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Pure Power
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Psycho Cut
    - Ice Punch
    - Rock Slide
    - Brick Break
    A fast, hard-hitting physical sweeper. What I was missing in Advance all along is now available-useful Psychic STAB. While Psychic does not offer the best offensive coverage, it greatly helps against Posion-types, expecially Weezing. Amusingly enough, Medicham can also counter other Fighting-types very well, with STAB Psycho Cut and it's Rock and Fighting resistances. Jolly>Adamant to outurn base 130+nature speed pokemon, such as Crobat, Aerodactyl and Jolteon, as well as Adamant Ninjask and Scarf (Adamant) Heracross.
    ---
    4)
    (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 138 HP/90 Def/152 SAtk/130 SDef
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Surf
    - Confuse Ray
    Special wall, special attacker and a useful Fire resist. Confuse Ray>Hypnosis as Cloyster's Toxic Spikes will prevent sleep.
    ---
    5)
    @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/60 Def/108 SAtk/90 SDef
    - Heal Bell
    - Ice Beam
    - Roost
    - Roar
    Cleric, tank, and a useful Grass-resist. Roar works well with Cloyster's Toxic Spikes, as well as preventing opponents from setting-up on it.
    ---
    6)
    (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 160 HP/222 Atk/20 Def/108 SDef
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Avalanche
    - Earthquake
    - Curse
    - Ice Shard
    STABed EQ is very useful on this team, so I just use my favorite Ground-type for that. Neutrality to SR is also helpful, to a degree.
    ---
    I feel this team is much better then other teams of mine before, but there is still a place for improvement. All pokemon here are favorites of mine, of course.

Last edited:

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Umh, a team of Shoddy? The server Smogon is down in this moment it is not easy to make a will the teams for the scarce quantity of present battler in the Official Server.

This is a mostly-offensive team with some defensive edges, but primarily focusing on offense.
    ------
    1)
    (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Avalanche
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Stealth Rock
    Finally, a good lead. Steel resistance helps messing up Bronzong, while Articuno make a good switch-in to avoid a Grass Knot/Energy Ball from Abomasnow. A Rock resistance is also an aid to this team.
    ---
    Mah Swampert is a type that has to take the blows from types as Meatgross/Salamence, her not presence of Rest in your moveset in the long run in the battle he could make to feel. Does seeing the Evs use it as Special Wall, but if the Special Sweeper of turn has HP Grass whether to do?

2)
    (F) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Destiny Bond
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    Good typing and fantastic speed makes my little princess a good user of Choice Specs. Destiny Bond makes a great suprise of many who would attempt to Pursuit or otherwise just OK Froslass (expecially Sucker Punch users expecting an attacking move), and is over Psychic for coverage.
    ---
    Do I believe that you want to exploit the effect surprise (Who if Destiny Bond waits for it as soon as your adversary doesn't see the Leftoverses?), but is the astuteness of the ShoddyBattlers in strong growth.
    Speaking of the moveset yours goes to crisis with a Blissey/Bronzong of turn (but after all Froslass is not in this team to face them here).

3)
    (F) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Pure Power
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    - Ice Punch
    - Psycho Cut
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Thunderpunch
    The fourth generation finally brought Medicham a useful Psychic STAB, a think that was missing for me in advance all along. Although Psychic does not offer the best coverage, it does help against Posion-types, expecially Weezing. Choice Scarf lets it outurn even the standart (Adamant) Scarf Heracross, who is weak to Psychic as well, and Adamant Ninjask.
    Umh I don't understand how come this whole love for Hi Jump Kick (Enough a Protect and it is a disaster), surely Medicham is one of the best physical Sweeper of the R/S/E metagame, in D/P/Pt the birth of sweeper as Lucario that have removed from him the place from OU has suffered.
    Together with Weawile it is one of your principal physical sweepers, you have to be careful not to do you him to eliminate on the switch he has never been a monster of Staying Power.

4)
    (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 138 HP/90 Def/152 SAtk/130 SDef
    - Surf
    - Recover
    - Ice Beam
    - Light Screen
    Light Screen turns even an absolute-max SpA Zapdos's TB to a 3HKO. Having a bulky Water which isn't literally bulky is a good niche as well.
    ---
    Seeing how the team is structured you would owe lift them the defense, you don't have physical Wall the physical Attacker you suffer him, therefore to try to make it Sleep Talker could be an it conceives to consider.
    Certainly if Light Screen serves you hold it.

5)
    @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP/60 Def/108 SAtk/90 SDef
    - Air Cutter
    - Heal Bell
    - Ice Beam
    - Roost
    How I just hate statuses-Heal Bell is the obvious solution. Air Cutter is a nice suprise for the likes of Heracross and Machamp.
    Air Cutter is an a little pleasant surprise to non certain Heracross to Machamp, that can quietly withstand to Air Cutter and to stretch it with Stone Edge.

6)
    (M) @ Choice Band

EVs: 38 HP/252 Atk/220 Spd
    - Brick Break
    - Ice Punch
    - Night Slash
    - Pursuit
    The standart, with one more speed point to enable it revenge-kill other Weaviles as well. It can still take a non-Life Orb Azelf's Flamethrower, thought. Even thought Garchomp is now Uber, the ability to OHKO it with Ice Punch even with Yache equipped is as handy as ever.
    Standard

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Metagame weak, severely.

Froslass has no place on an OU team. I wouldn't call something with 5 weaknesses good typing. Only notable stat is Speed, and that's not going to get her a OHKO on Heatran, Moltres, Arcanine, Infernape, Blaziken, etc, etc.

Also, LOL @ 3 Ice types without ANY rapid spin support. Hitmontop, Cloyster, Hitmonchan, Claydol, Donphan, Forretress, Torkoal, someone with rapid spin please.

Anything with a good Fire and Grass move rips through your entire team. In fact, Agility Moltres is pretty much a good game with the possible exception of Milotic.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • [quote=Sebastien Loeb]Umh, a team of Shoddy? The server Smogon is down in this moment it is not easy to make a will the teams for the scarce quantity of present battler in the Official Server.[/quote]
    It still works thought.
    Mah Swampert is a type that has to take the blows from types as Meatgross/Salamence, her not presence of Rest in your moveset in the long run in the battle he could make to feel. Does seeing the Evs use it as Special Wall, but if the Special Sweeper of turn has HP Grass whether to do?
    I preffer superionr coverage with Avalanche. Should I change EVs?
    Do I believe that you want to exploit the effect surprise (Who if Destiny Bond waits for it as soon as your adversary doesn't see the Leftoverses?), but is the astuteness of the ShoddyBattlers in strong growth.
    Speaking of the moveset yours goes to crisis with a Blissey/Bronzong of turn (but after all Froslass is not in this team to face them here).

You said it.
    Umh I don't understand how come this whole love for Hi Jump Kick (Enough a Protect and it is a disaster), surely Medicham is one of the best physical Sweeper of the R/S/E metagame, in D/P/Pt the birth of sweeper as Lucario that have removed from him the place from OU has suffered.
    Together with Weawile it is one of your principal physical sweepers, you have to be careful not to do you him to eliminate on the switch he has never been a monster of Staying Power.

I can just replace that with Brick Break.
    Seeing how the team is structured you would owe lift them the defense, you don't have physical Wall the physical Attacker you suffer him, therefore to try to make it Sleep Talker could be an it conceives to consider.
    Certainly if Light Screen serves you hold it.

Any suggestions for one please?
    Air Cutter is an a little pleasant surprise to non certain Heracross to Machamp, that can quietly withstand to Air Cutter and to stretch it with Stone Edge.
    The standard Machamp doesn't even use Stone Edge. And Heracross losing more then 80% of its health is "quietly withstanding"?
    Thanks for that.

Last edited:

DarkTyphlosion157

All-Mighty Idiot
    Years
  • Swampert is actually a rather rubbish lead, due to sadly letting half the stuff set up easily, and the lack of a Lum Berry makes matters worse.

Froslass is severely outclassed by Gengar in OU.

RestTalk Milo > this one, why you would even stay in against Zapdos is beyond me. 212 HP/120 Def/176 SpDef Calm as EV Spread.

Ice Beam does around the same amount to Machamp, which it and Heracross are Pokemon you shouldn't be staying in on if they're at 100% due to Choiced Fighting attacks making you extinct.

Ice Shard over Ice Punch for priority and revenge KOs. Nothing else.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

IMO, this team is horribly made. No physical wall, 3 SR weaks, one severe and no Rapid Spin, also weak to everything in the metagame not called Heatran. Remake, right now.

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
  • I don't understand why you choose to run Jolly Max Speed on a Scarfed Medicham and then not run Max Speed on Jolly Weavile, just give it 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd, even with 4 HP investment, Weavile survives Timid Azelf's un-NP unboosted Flamethrower, even though that is seldom ever used now for Azelf, most run Life Orb, Fire Blast or Modest nature meaning they'll OHKO regardless.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • Well then, who's a better lead in your opinion? I have some problems choosing a lead...

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I really don't think calling this team "horrible" is going to help Froslass at all. I think it's just plain stupid and unhelpful.

Froslass, I know you love Froslass, but the only thing it has over Gengar is STAB Ice Beam, which doesn't really make a difference since Gengar's SpA is 50 Base Points higher. Replace it please.

Air Cutter just sucks. If you're worried about Machamp or Heracross, get something like Weezing to steadily handle them. Otherwise, fine.

Use Adamant on Medicham, please =[ The damage output is pretty significant.

Jolly and Max Spe/Max Attack on that Weavile.

Lack of a Rapid Spinner really hurts, and only one rock resist (who gets manhandled by a rock Pokemon's second typing a good percent of the time) means that this team is gonna go down fast.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • All Ice-types are my favorite pokemon, and Cloyster is no exception. Should I just use it insted of Froslass for Rapid Spin? And can I try Ice Shard/Clamp on it?
    Smogon reccomended Jolly on this set, but, if you say so...
    What happened to the "Azelf Flamethrower" thing? It's not important anymore?
    ------
    A few changes I made:
    1) Froslass replaced by Jirachi for a speedy special sweeper who also resists SR.
    2) Weavile replaced by Mamoswine for an Electric immunity and STABed EQ.
    3) Swampert replaced by Cloyster for physical walling and Rapid Spinning.
    4) Air Cutter on Articuno dropped in favor if Roar.
    5) Thunderpunch on Medicham dropped in favor of Rock Slide for countering Moltres, Charizard and Bug-types, expecially Shedinja (Jirachi already counters Gyarados without having to suffer from Intimidate).
    6) Light Screen on Milotic dropped in favor of Confuse Ray.
    7) Hi Jump Kick on Medicham dropped in favor of Brick Break, as I'm having some hard time predicting Ghost switch-ins right.
    8) The order of the six changed a bit.
    ---
    Iv'e been trying this team on shoddy-works good, but I seem to have a need for a Ghost/Dark attack. Who should take it?

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Since you posted a new RMT, this one must be closed. One active RMT only. d(' 'd)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back