• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Finally Got Pokemon Silver!!

djvolcom

Private Detective
    Years
    for like 2 years, i finally got Pokemon Silver, one of my favorite pokemon games, but when i got it, all the pokemon was like lvl 80s-99, but i like the tryanitar, but i dont no if i wanna make a new game, all the pokemon all so cool, so do you guys think i should keep the old file (beaten the whole game) or make a new one??

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Unless you have a friend that has GSC that you can link battle against, what is the point of getting a game that has already been finished?

Start over.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Or do what I did, trade off all the cool Pokemon then start again. That's how I got my Mew on Blue, cos I bought a copy second hand and found a Mew on there (it was legal because it was L5 as well).

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    What's the point of getting the game but not playing it (not playing the main game part)? Of course, restart it. You can get the Tyranitar yourself, it's much more rewarding playing your own game, and plus you, uh, actually get to play through the game yourself.

If there's anyone rare like Mew or something, trade it over if possible.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Or you could dig up an old Pokemon Stadium 2 and transfer all the Pokeys to it...

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    I never had pokemon silver :( i had gold though, but my mum sold it at a carboot for like $2 or something stupid :/ it was a nice game though. I think you should start over, whats the point in buying it if your not going to start over :)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Just trade with someone else. If not get a new copy of the GSC series and keep trading Pokemon there. Once you did that you will have those Pokemon in safe condition.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    While having all those Pokemon already there for you would be awesome, I'd have to start over eventually. Cause if I kept it completed I wouldn't have anything left to do on it, and buying it would have been sorta pointless....

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
    Yeah, GSC didn't have many sub-activities to do besides (that I remember) berry picking for custom pokeballs, unlike Ruby and Sapphire which keep the game running after E4, so it'd be best to start over.

Put all the Pokemon you like on a different game or Stadium. If you can't then start over and train them yourself. ^_^;

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    you don't need any pokemon that is not legendary. you don't even have the right to claim that as your save file, let along use it...

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    ¤¤¤¤

I always traded my favourites over to my brother's cart and got him to trade them back ASAP, and stored them in my PC 'til I could control them. =)

Con... legendaries aren't the only cool Pokemon... and I gather that he was given the game, and all of its data in it, so it's his now, and he can keep it if he wants. =)

¤¤¤¤

SilverSkitty

Expert Trainer
    Years
    You could trade all the pokemon to another game, then you could start a new file in Silver, raising all your pokemon. Then when you get far enough in the game, such as the Elite 4, you could trade those pokemon back? I don't know.

poke lover

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I don't think you should trade the Pokemon. Just start again, finish it and catch all the Pokemon on your own. Thats what the game is all about.

Back