• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

finally my competitive battle team is created!! critics welcome

Neo_Angelo

Used Discharge!
Years
  • 1. Politoed isn't really an offensive-minded Pokemon because its Special Attack is average at best, while it's somewhat slow. It has decent special bulk, though, which is why it's mainly played defensively, and this is so it has a better chance of sticking around so it can set up rain again when needed. Offensive sets could work, but it makes Politoed worn down faster; that variety is more frequently seen in VGC/doubles. Mud Bomb is useless on Politoed, as rain-boosted Scalds still outdamage 2x super effective Mud Bombs. Focus Blast also has redundant coverage with Mud Bomb too. Oh, and before you bring up Magnezone, while it's hit marginally harder by Mud Bomb, rain-boosted Hydro Pump still 2HKOes i

I perhaps didn't clarify well what i meant, when i said Politoed was attack minded, i meant Cam's Politoed, not Politoed in general, as there where a lot of Attack moves and no recover/support/status moves currently on Politoed, so i went with using it as an attacking pokemon to stay true to his current team build. I went for Mud Bomb soley for the Speed drop and Super effective coverage, that way you've got a choice whether to aim for the 2HKO or drop its speed and bring in a different pokemon. but i do like your suggestions too, they also work well.

Chandelure isn't a good disguise for Zoroark. Remember that while Illusion changes Zoroark's appearance until it gets hit by an attck, it won't change its type. Considering that Chandelure is weak to Stealth Rock while Zoroark is neutral to it, if the opponent sees "Chandelure" take less Stealth Rock damage than usual, they'll catch on that they'll be facing Zoroark instead, and will send in something that can deal with Zoroark itself, namely Fairies.

My theory behind this is based from a typing point of view, don't forget that not all teams run stealth rock, from personal experience i don't tend to see many stealth rock teams as often as i used to, plus even if they figure out its Zoro from stealth rock damage you'll get a free turn when they swap, so its a win-win situation as you'll either go against something you'll be able to be super effective against or deal some damage before you have to swap, U-Turn is there to deal 2x damage to dark foe or to aid switching out if they guess its not chanderlure. You'd bring in your Zoro disguised as Chandelure, your opponent switches to water, rock or dark to take it out then you've got your advantage. Stealth rocks maybe a giveaway, but its still only a small chance depending if you end up against a veteran or n00b.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • My theory behind this is based from a typing point of view, don't forget that not all teams run stealth rock, from personal experience i don't tend to see many stealth rock teams as often as i used to, plus even if they figure out its Zoro from stealth rock damage you'll get a free turn when they swap, so its a win-win situation as you'll either go against something you'll be able to be super effective against or deal some damage before you have to swap, U-Turn is there to deal 2x damage to dark foe or to aid switching out if they guess its not chanderlure. You'd bring in your Zoro disguised as Chandelure, your opponent switches to water, rock or dark to take it out then you've got your advantage. Stealth rocks maybe a giveaway, but its still only a small chance depending if you end up against a veteran or n00b.

Mud Bomb reduces accuracy. Even then, that's not a useful side-effect.

Stealth Rock is seen on virtually every team because of its usefulness, making Stealth Rock damage a very important factor when deciding Zoroark's disguise.

Years
  • 136 BP getting there!

Quick question if I switch to natural heal, and have heal bell isn't that kinda like two of same?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 136 BP getting there!

Quick question if I switch to natural heal, and have heal bell isn't that kinda like two of same?

First off, it's Natural Cure. Second of all, while this seems redundant, Heal Bell also lets Blissey heal its teammates' status problems.

Years
  • Didn't mean to call it incorrect name
    Just feels like if I kept serene grace and added natural cure wouldn't it basically be same thing but with double chance for her to status infect? Just curious if that's a good set for blissey

Neo_Angelo

Used Discharge!
    Years
  • Didn't mean to call it incorrect name
    Just feels like if I kept serene grace and added natural cure wouldn't it basically be same thing but with double chance for her to status infect? Just curious if that's a good set for blissey

Nature cure only affects Blissey, the best way to describe why it'd benefit over serene grace is if your blissey gets put to sleep. Sleep will prevent you using heal bell so you'll have no way to heal your team (or if you run out of PP for heal bell). Lets assume you get put to sleep, you switch Blissey to a different pokemon and it will heal itself of Sleep, this being a bit more beneficial than Serene grace.

Serene grace is better used on pokemon such as Jirachi or togekiss for moves that cause flinch or paralysis (Or a combination of the two to really cause your opponent problems). Since Blissey cannot learn many moves with good chances to flinch or cause status conditions (most moves only having 10% chance) with serene grace its boosted to 20% chance which is still rather low, and unlikely you'll get the chance off.

For example Iron head has 30% chance to flinch, so is automatically better than any powered up move blissey has and with serene grace on another Pokes its doubled to 60% (which is a lot more chance to cause flinch). Plus with Blisseys appalling attack stats it would take way too long to kill a pokemon trying to cause it a status condition.

Back