• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Finding Lucky Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisheydude

Pokemon addict
Years
  • Well, I have spent hours trying to run into chanseys on route 209. Only 2 has showed up. Is there any tricks to running into more? I really want a lucky egg but if it takes this long just to find a chansey, well thats just crazy. Does sweet scent or the pokeradar help to encounter chanseys? I don't think they do but if so, let me know. Better yet, can someone give me a lucky egg for something?

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
  • the pokeradar should help if you use it right and you should get a yanma with some weird ability that helps find pokes with items "idk look it up" but that should help

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • ckn's referring to the ability compoundeyes which Yanma and I believe some Butterfree have which increases the chance for a pokemon to have a held item. If you're using D/P and not Plat, then you can use the trick of having a level 18 pokemon up first and using a repel, which will make only Pikachus and Daily pokemon appear, and I believe also increases the chance of having a wild pokemon having a held item. Now Chanseys are Daily pokemon in D/P, so if you have say a level 18 Butterfree with compoundeyes this I would think would really increase the chance of getting a Chansey with a Lucky Egg. If you have Plat disregard that last part. Hope what I just said makes sense, lol good luck!

fisheydude

Pokemon addict
    Years
  • The lucky egg let the pokemon that holds it gain another 50% (I think) exp points.
    Thanks guys, that is very helpful. I have Diamond and Platinum. I want the egg on platinum but I seem to see more chanseys on diamond.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back