• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finish Him! (1) A Monotype Battle Challenge! (beta) (Sign Up's Open!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    This challenge is based off of LauretheLoner's epic Tabletop Battle Supreme, so if you think its a copy of that, know that it's inspired by that ;)
    Also, this is beta, so i can test everything and make sure it works sort of like how laure did

Sign ups end on November 26, unless we do not have a sufficient amount of participants

Welcome to

Finish Him! A Monotype Battle Challenge!

This challenge is not the typical challenge? Why?
    Not only are you playing through the game with monotype, but...
    Winning depends on the game you are playing:

If you are playing Ruby, Then you have to
    -Beat Steven
    -Catch Groudon
    -Get all the Regis and Rayquaza
    -Get Master Rank in at least one trait for a pokemon
    If you are playing Sapphire, Then you have to
    -Beat Steven
    -Catch Kyogre
    -Get all the Regis and Rayquaza
    -Get Master Rank in at least one trait for a pokemon
    If you are playing Emerald, then you have to
    -Beat Wallace
    -Catch Rayquaze, Kyogre, Groudon, and all the Regis
    -Beat Steven

But its not that easy! Why?

• Every day, you only get 30 minutes of gametime
    • During this day you must get points, which can help you buy items or do other things
    • These Items can be used to either Help your progress or Hinder others' progress
    • Anyone not active for 4 days will be removed
    • There are other things you can do to get items / points: Quests, Alchemy, Lottery, and Bombs!
    • Each of these will be explained in depth below

The Points Table!
    • Adding a Pokemon to the Pokedex: 3 Points
    • Finding a hidden item: 5 points
    • Catch a Red pokemon (sapphire only) 10 Points
    • Catch a Blue Pokemon (Ruby only) 10 points
    • Finding an evolutionary stone: 5 points
    • Getting Whited Out: -30 Points
    • Starter reaching final stage: 10 points
    • Nugget: 10 points
    • TM (can't be bought or gym leader give) 5 points
    • HM: 3 points
    • Catching a penguin related pokemon: 7 points
    • Catching a Tiger Related pokemon: 10 points
    • Getting 50 pokemon in your Pokedex: 50 points
    • Filling up your Pokedex (impossible lol) 500 points
    • Seeing 100 Pokemon: 25 points

The Super Shop!
    • Dark Pokeball: Forces an Opponent to Box one of their Pokemon | 30 points
    • -trollface.jpg: causes an opponent to rage so hard they can't play for the following 3 days! | 50 points
    • Black Out: Forces an opponent to start a new game, and get a new type [can only be used once per person] | 100 points
    • Stone A: Usable for alchemy | 5 points
    • Stone B: Usable for Alchemy | 10 points
    • Stone C: Usable for Alchemy | 30 points
    • Randobomb: Forces another bomb into the playing field | 45 points
    • The Answer to All Life: This does something....is it good or bad? find out! | 42 points
    • ChaosPenguin: Protects you against any attacks for the next 2 days! Only peson can have at a time | 56 points
    • Phoenix Down: Revives a boxed pokemon | 49 points
    • Dark Masterball: Forces the releasing of 2 of the targets pokemon (Can't be phoenix downed) | 70 points

Quests: There are quests acomplishable mid-game! First to pull these off gets the reward that goes with it! There are 5 quests, and here they are:
    • Quest 1: Food Coloring | Defeat steven with a Monotype team that is also a monocolor team. Must have all 6 team members. | Reward: 1 Black Out, 1 Dark Pokeball, 1 Dark Masterball
    • Quest 2: Pokeballin! | Catch everything you catch (team members, legendaries, etc.) with pokeballs. | Reward: 3 Dark Pokeballs, 3 Dark Masterballs, 100 points
    • Quest 3: Bowsinators Avi Glitch | Not that hard, duplicate the glitch on my avi and send screenshot | Reward: 50 points + Handle
    • Quest 4:Latias / Latios | Catch Latios / Latias! Simple enough, right? | Latios: 50 points + a Sudden Change, Latias: 50 points + a ChaosPenguin
    • Quest 5) Unevolved! Pwn'd | Play through main storyline unevolved + monotype | Reward: 200 pointst + Black Out

Alcemy: Mix up Items to get SUPER Items
    • Stone A + Stone B (2) + Dark Pokeball (2) = Dark Darkball [Release all but one of targets team]
    • Chaospenguin + Chaospenguin + Stone C + Phoenix Down + Dark Pokeball = Ultra Block [Prevents any Point Gain for a target for the rest of the challenge]
    • Stone A (2) + Stone B (2) + Stone C (2) = Stone X [The ultimate stone that can be sold for 100 points]
    • Stone A + Stone B + Stone C + Stone X + Handle + Phoenix Down (2) = Ultra Sword [You can't be harmed by anything for the rest of the challenge, and you can deal the damage of a blackout to 2 people of your choice]

Now, during all of this is going on, 2 things will occur:

-Lottery: at the start of the day, someone either gets points or gets an item. lotteries can be bad
    -Bomb: Is handed out, and can be passed at any time to another person. You can only pass if you are updating. Said Bomb explodes after a set amount of time.

So, I will take suggestions, Comments, and Concerns!

The first one to accomplish the goals of their game is the winner!
    Players have 30 minutes per day to do whatever it is they do and update points by point on how they did that specific day!
    Saving in case you did not catch a pokemon is fine, however, you must use a real timer to keep time

Name: The Bowsinator
    Game: Sapphire
    Type: Water

Have fun playing! I Hope everyone who does this challenge has a great experience!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    V----Format for in game status, will be used during challenge
    Player:
    Team:
    Location in Game:

Ragnia

Hello
    Years
  • Interesting, no? I dunno whether you'll be able to go through with this, but:
    Name: Ragnia
    Game: Ruby
    Type: Psychic
    I'm going to assume that emulators are out do to the speed up button.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    Name: Poueff
    Game: Ruby
    Type: Ground (does it count if I choose Mudkip, since it evolves into part ground anyway? and it has mud in its name :P)

Also, I do think you give away too many easy Black Outs...

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    Hell, this is the kunai challenge ._. this is why i should read stuff...anyway, added everyone to the OP

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Locked by OP's request...and since it's essentially the Kunai Challenge. Arrrrighty then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back